Hi Marissa,

I have heard that the North Gazebo is nicer because it is more away from the crowd, but there is supposedly some sort of orange fence right near it at the edge of the resort I think...? Although most of the reviews I read said that it wasn't that noticeable and didn't show up in their pictures/video. I probably would have chosen the North Gazebo if I didn't have a child attending the wedding (so far just one, but she is my flower girl so it's ok)...

I think the sunset boat ride (Catamaran Cruise?) is out of another Palace Resort...either Cozumel or Isla Mujeres Palace, but I think you can also do a private one right out of Puerto Aventuras or Playacar.

According to their website, the latest time they can perform a wedding is 6PM. That was the original time we signed up for, but then changed it to give us a little more party time :)

I have some pictures that my WC sent me I'll post in a few, and I'll see what other info I can dig up...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are a couple documents Yazmin (my WC) at ASP sent me. I think they are older pictures though...the railings on the gazebos look different in newer pictures I've seen. It doesn't say what the pictures are actually of in the first document (private events) but I can ask if anyone is curious...I only cared about the Pandero Terrace. Also, the Pandero Terrace has recently been renovated...she sent me a new pic, I'll post next...

eventos privados ap.pdf

Aventura Spa Resort Ceremony Locations (30JUN08) (3)[1].pdf

MarissaDC -- I'm getting married October 09 as well! What's your date? Maybe we will run into each other :) Our date is October 30.

Don't be too stressed, I'm finding the most important thing to think about at this time is getting the guests organized. My wedding coordinator keeps assuring me that we will have everything planned closer to the date.

Thanks for the links! How close is the Puerto Aventuras cruise?

Also, the roof toop terrace that is pictured in those links--is that the rooftop on top of the Mundace restaurant? If so, it looks huge...does anyone know how many people it holds? I only have 25-30 people so that is why I was leaning towards the Pandera because it looks more intimate. Any thoughts on that?

I've also heard some things about some rooms being newer than others--does anyone know any about the north or south side being renovated?

Dinyell--I haven't locked in my date but I am thinking Oct 24! We may run into each other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinnjosh View Post
These pictures aren't very good. Elizabeths will be MUCH BETTER!!! Not many people took pictures, everyone just enjoyed themselves... But here are some! I think if you take lots of pictures of how you want your hair done then you'll be OK! I only had 2 little ones...It wasn't awful, just not the natural beachy theme I was going for... wink.gif Mundaca is a great place, they'll put you off by yourself, Its a big place, plus even though it says "casual" it's still really nice by most US restaurant standards! They wait on you hand and foot! La Hacienda is where we had our dinner, its on the same side, they were hesitant because its their busiest restaurant but we asked nicely. Either one would be great!! They go out of their way to make it special. I thought about bringing in my own aisle runner too, but it was pretty windy so I just didn't bother. And they forgot to take the carpet up, but my Groom was on top of it! So he reminded the wedding coordinator and she took care of it at 3:50 for our 4pm wedding! Thank goodness...I wouldn't have walked down the aisle otherwise, jk.

I wasn't into the gazebo either, but its nice because it blocks some of the wind and sounds from the resort. It worked out great. Will let you know when the pro pics are up but until then...

Snapfish: Share:Registration_Opt2
Erin,

The pictures that you posted on snapfish, are those from the onsite wedding photographer, or your guests? I was under the impression that you could not have an "outside" photographer, so what did you have to do? We are getting married on June 06, and I am so excited to have found this website. The information that many of you have posted has all ready helped me out a lot.