And Kelly....they do not allow outside photographers, but I've heard of other brides getting around this if you have your photographer stay overnight as your guest. I think this is what we will end up doing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by catandcleo View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't been on here for the last month or so because of the wedding, but we got married at ASP on October 9 and it was INCREDIBLE! We've only been back a week, and i haven't had a chance to write my review yet, but i promise to soon. :) One word of advice - GET THE DVD! You definitely won't regret it!!!!!
Can anyone give me any advice!!! We leave in 5 short days and the wedding is in 11!!!!! Did you have a reception after the wedding? Did you do the cocktail hourhuh.gif? Did you bring in an outside photographer, etc., etc..... I am starting to get nervous that I didn't plan anything (except for a sunset cruise/welcome party the night before). We have a group of about 35 people, so don't know what is the best route to take!!!!!....I'm nervous, but also VERY excited!!!

Ooooh how exciting! We are getting married there in July and are planning to do the cocktail reception after the ceremony, then dinner, then depending on what time it is we were going to stop at the thai lounge for drinks, then we were going to go to the disco on site for dancing. We didn't plan a formal reception since we only have about 20 guests going and I doubt half of them will dance, so I thought a reception would be silly. Our thought is that the older guests (non-dancers/drunks) will leave after dinner or the thai lounge when we announce that we are going to the club if they don't want to go. We ideally want an outside photographer, but are unsure if we can afford one. Where are you doing the sunset cruise? It sounds beautiful! It will all come together once you get there...you are going to have an amazing time and I can't wait until you get back so I can hear all about it! I was getting so nervous that there aren't many Aventura brides on here! Have a wonderful time and don't stress!

We are doing the private reception but we choose to do that because most of our group would be dancing. We are having the cocktail hour before the reception. We are also having a welcome dinner two nights before the wedding itself. We are just using our reservation for that dinner. Your wedding is going to be beautiful. I cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the boards... and getting married at Aventura as well!

I am VERY confused about what to do after the wedding. Did anyone choose not to do the private function afterwards? If so, what did you do? We have a small group, so I assumed we would have our dinner reservation and then....? Just trying to get a feel so our guests aren't left wondering "what do we do now?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddiinnyyeell View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the boards... and getting married at Aventura as well!

I am VERY confused about what to do after the wedding. Did anyone choose not to do the private function afterwards? If so, what did you do? We have a small group, so I assumed we would have our dinner reservation and then....? Just trying to get a feel so our guests aren't left wondering "what do we do now?!"
I was married there December 5th!!! It was FANTASTIC. We had 35 people and had the ceremony in the north gazebo at 4 pm. We then did a private reception with open bar for 2 hours (they let us go 2 and a half hours) as our dinner reservations were at 8. The private reception was the best decision I made. They just brought a sound system so there was music, but it wasn't like it was a dancing reception. They set it up on the lawn area near the indoor pool, and set up buffet tables for appetizers and little tables for people to sit around and talk...and then we had a private bar set up too. After dinner we just headed to the lounge bar and then the martini bar and finally the disco!!! So much fun!!! We honestly didn't set anything up or decide anything until we were down there and met with the wedding coordinator Yazmin...let me know if you have any questions...it was great!

Thank you so much for your reply!! Yazmin is my wedding coordinator too so I'm happy to hear your wedding went well. If you don't mind me asking, how much extra did the private reception with open bar cost you?

Yazmin is my wedding coordinator also. She has been great. We are getting married on Feb 6th. We are having a private reception. I think it is taking place on the roof of the Mundaca restaurant.

Congrats everyone!

Ohiobride - the rooftop on Mundaca is gorgeous! You will love it. I have some pictures i took from there. It overlooks the lagoon/pool area and the south gazebo.

Ddiinnyyeell - I was married there in October. We only had 6 in total including myself and my new husband, so we didn't do the private reception. Our ceremony was at 3, and by the time we finished with photos, it was about 4:30. Our dinner reservation was at 6. We just hung out in one of the bars and had a few celebratory cocktails before dinner, and then went to our dinner early. It worked great for us...