Originally Posted by AlmostMrsMcD View Post

I know I'm very pleased!  Now my only worry is how to keep my luggage under 50 pounds considering I'm bringing almost all the wedding centerpieces, the OOT bags, gifts, and everything with me! 

Poolside drinks in 10 days!!

I will be waiting at the pool with a drink already in hand lol

Wow!! You are bringing lots of stuff. I am bringing all of my clothes & stuff in one suitcase. Then for all of my stuff for welcome bags are going in my carry on, then carrying my dress on also! You should have people help you bring stuff! My parents are helping bring like half of the stuff, so that way Xavier and I can still have 1 bag each to check and then our carry ons and hopefully be good to go!! I want to start packing now lol!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to hear the recent brides had lovely weddings and you soon to be Aventura brides are finally getting some responses and getting everything together for your big day.  I am so excited for you all.  I remember how anxious and excited I felt leading up to it.  I hope the weather is great and you don't have any major issues...but be prepared to handle or brush off the minor ones.

Steamer: I also brought a portable steamer with me and my sister steamed my dress the night before.

Luggage Weight: If you are worried about the weight of the suitcase I can tell you (and past brides would probably agree) that you should eliminate about 1/3 of what you are bringing to wear.  You won't end up wearing it and it is just taking up space and adding to the weight.  Definitely eliminate unnecessary shoes.  You will probably stick to one or two pairs the entire trip.  If I remember right they have a hair dryer so you can eliminate yours - even though theirs may take you a few more minutes to dry your hair it is worth it not to lug one around with you.  A way to test the weight is to stand on the scale and check the number.  Then have someone hand you the suitcase and check the number.  Gives you a rough idea how much it weighs.  I was so worried about the duffle bags full of the wedding stuff being over weight that I kept weighing them to make sure they were ok but totally forgot to check my actual suitcase.  That thing was like 70lbs lol!  WHOOPS!!  

Thanks for the tips!! I didn't want to bring too many items but now that I have gotten some prices from Karime I'm glad I did! I told her I wanted dinner at Meduca but she mentioned we didn't have enough people? We have 18 but I think she said the minimum was 20. So now I'm back to being confused! Also if we do go with Meduca can we have music and dancing there? We can bring our own music right? Ugh stressed again!

Hola Ladies.

Congrats on your upcoming weddings!!!!

Just wanted to share with you the contact e-mails for the Wedding Coordinators at Aventura Spa Palace:

Edith Camacho - mcamacho@allinclusivecollection.com

Karime Perez - prperez@allinclusivecollection.com

They are crazy busy during this time of the year, but know that they do their absolute best to get back to you ASAP.

In the meantime, you might want to check out the slide shows of our most recent Aventura Spa Palace Wedding Stories:

Angela + Timothy - Photos by Jonathan

Alison+Calvin - Photos by Jonathan

Noelle + Jamie - Photos by Juan Jose

Here are some of my favorite moments:

Taryn+David_W_0007.JPG

Aventura_delsol_190.JPG

Aventura_delsol_243.JPG

Liza+David_W_0261.JPG

Saludos and Happy Planning!!!!

Mundaca is huge so with only 18 ppl I would recommend Cove Terrace.  There have been some great shots of it on this thread.  Search for it.

Yes you can bring your own music and anything else you want to bring.  It is YOUR WEDDING!!!

Originally Posted by AlmostMrsMcD View Post

Thanks for the tips!! I didn't want to bring too many items but now that I have gotten some prices from Karime I'm glad I did!
I told her I wanted dinner at Meduca but she mentioned we didn't have enough people? We have 18 but I think she said the minimum was 20. So now I'm back to being confused! Also if we do go with Meduca can we have music and dancing there? We can bring our own music right? Ugh stressed again!

Hello Ladies!

We had an amazing wedding! Better than I ever could have hoped for.

There was a total of 14 of us and the perfect size.

We had a two hour meet and greet cocktail party at the Cove Terrace from 7-9 p.m. the night before our wedding and then we heading down to the fire show.  The Cove Terrace was a great space with amazing views of the water and the resort.855.JPG304.JPG303.JPG

We asked for a pink signature cocktail for our meet and greet party.  All of our guests were welcomed with a pink drink with the sombrero straw's we provided!  It was really a nice touch.

Here's a picture of our guest book table.  Afterwards we all took pics with the sombreros.  It was a great time.

317.JPG

Wedding Day!

We had a ceremony at the Chichen Gazebo.  What I wish I had know prior to arriving (but worked out for us because we had music and an extra usb drive) is that your guests are asked to arriving to the Gazebo 30 mins prior to your ceremony time.  They will not release you from your room until all the guests have arrived.  So if you don't want your guests sitting around without music, bring a usb drive that they can use with the sound system at the ceremony.  They may take other forms of music but didn't ask.

I didn't end up getting out of our room until 4:10 and our ceremony was supposed to start at 4:00.  The saxophone player was late!

But it all worked out and it was all so beautiful.  I can't wait til we get back our video and pictures from the resort!  

909.JPG1123.JPG1094.JPG

Our after the ceremony reception was held at the Pandero Terrace.   I loved this spot and so happy with our choice of location!

I'm also thankful, that I had a change in dresses!  By the time the ceremony and photo session was over I was soaked.  It was very, very hot in my gown.

237 - Copy.JPG

We also hired the Mexican Trio and had our fireworks at this location! It was wonderful.366.JPG392.JPG

We had our dinner reception at the El Greco on the lower outdoor terrace.  We had this area to ourselves and it was wonderful.  After we sat down the waiter let us know that the chef would prepare a special menu of Filet Mignon and Grilled Shrimp for us!  They had the champagne flowing all night as well. (I did request the lower terrace and wasn't sure that we would get it until we showed and saw that the area was set up for us.)

698.JPG702.JPG

Just a few more things you should know:  

The Cove side swim up bar is closed along with the brick pizza oven.

The Rock Climbing Wall is also closed, but it made for a great photo op!

975.JPG

And one more thing, Angel at the Salon did my hair and make-up!  Also, knows how to apply false eyelashes.  He's the best!! I love him.

645.JPG646.JPG

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  I'll be more than happy to help in anyway I can.

If you would like feel free to check out all of our photos at our photo share site.  I have over 1000 pics on there between us and our guests!  They're also broken down into event albums.  They may give you a better idea on what the areas look like with decorations!  

www.tammyjeffreylaporte.shutterfly.com

Good luck ladies!!!

I almost forgot our cake!  We went with the Tres Leches and it was wonderful!!! The best I've ever had.  There was so much cake left over, that I had them deliver to all the other guests in the restaurant and that was so much fun!  They also packed some up for our guests to take back to their rooms.

Tres Leches is not a flavor that is listed for you on your paperwork.  You have to special request it.

275.JPG716.JPG718.JPG

Tammy your set up was really nice! I saw some of your paper lanterns in Karimes office after your wedding! We went to the fire show also! It was really neat! I'm still waiting for friends/families photos of the wedding and the trip! Our pro pics won't be ready for two to three months but they will be worth the wait! I'd love to see some of yours and Jen's when you ladies get them!

Lol your post with all your wedding photos was not up on my comp when I posted!!! Loved the set up! You looked gorgeous!! Okay funny story about your makeup guy - he did my makeup for my trash the dress day and it was horrible!! I looked like a transvestite! I ran out of the salon after I tol him it was bad, ran to my friends room with my head down and face covered and she couldn't stop laughing!! I wish I took a picture! I was orange and my eyeliner was so thick and rummed all they way around my eyes!!! So yeah I washed my face and did it myself! I'm do glad he did yours extremely well!! He also did Brad sisters makeup the day I my wedding and did a great job so he must have been off his game or something! Also I asked for light and beachy makeup because my wedding day makeup was fairly heavy (gorgeous but I was afraid too much would melt in the water) and I wanted something different from my wedding photos.