Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hmmm...heaven? lol  I LOVED it, and so did my guests.  The cake is like a vanilla cake soaked in 3 "tres" different kinds of cream/milk "leches".  It is very moist and creamy!  I actually had it at El Greco for lunch on my first day there and absolutely loved it.  The only issue I would say you would have is keeping out for long periods of time.  They had my cake out when I arrived to the reception and I asked them to put it in the fridge until we were ready for it so that it stayed cool.

 

If you PM me your email I will send you the document no problem :o) but she should definitely have it too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Irene! Warm welcome from sunny Florida!!!

I read somewhere on this thread that carrot cake and dutch cheesecake were awesome flavors. I am having 3 layer cake  so I thought about making the bottom layer cheesecake, the middle carrot cake and the top chocolate with mouse inside- since it's the lightest. They told me- no problem! So based on that I believe you can customize whatever you want, you just need to ask for it. I know for sure that Mexican vanilla cakes are homemade, no boxes here but they are very moist almost as if they were soaked in vanilla/ rum- similar to Brazillian cakes, also I know for sure that their dutch cheesecake is dry not as creamy as American one and not as sweet. I researched this thoroughly because I wanted something that would resemble Polish cakes not American ones...Another thing is ... think of your guests and what their are used to... If you guests are mostly from US I would ask for the cake flavors to resemble the flavors/ texture, people would be accostomed to be eating here. Eg. Although I moved to US about 10 years ago, I absolutely can't eat cakes made here, they are way to sweet and too dry for me but my friends from here say that Polish cakes are not sweet at all and they can't taste any sugar in them! Sorry, for the long reply, I just find customs and habits very interesting...:)

As far as the set menus go... one of the coordinators wanted to throw this at me... but I refused...I just don't think that your guests should be limited to one choice or even 2 choices of meat and appetizers. What is somebody will only eat fish and your choices were chicken and beef? I think it's insane to give such limited menu ( Mundaca) for dinner especially that not only guests are paying to stay at all-inclusive but you are paying for the private functions. It was a little bit bitchy of me to bring that up... but I basically told them that for bringing this uch revenue to the hotel I do expect at least some decent choices. They agreed and I didn't hear another word about it.

 

I do have plenty of docs and pictures of locations so if you would like i can e-mail them to you.

 

Good Luck with everything!

 

I am leaving in 38 days! Oh Jess, we decided to do the xplor and then do the www.captainquickie.com tour which is very unique and not for masses so to speak, we will do the www.kantunchi.com too! And we wil lalso go diving to Cozumel. The companies that are dong this for us came highly recommended so if anybody wants advice I will be more then happy to answer any questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies!

 

So sorry I am just now getting back to all of you about the photos! I've been really busy at work this past week so I haven't had a chance to send any photos. If you friend me on facebook (Lauren Annette Williams in PA) you can see all my photos.

 

Happy Planning,

 

Lauren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't find you for some reason. 
 

Originally Posted by runcol2 View Post

Ladies!

 

So sorry I am just now getting back to all of you about the photos! I've been really busy at work this past week so I haven't had a chance to send any photos. If you friend me on facebook (Lauren Annette Williams in PA) you can see all my photos.

 

Happy Planning,

 

Lauren



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kloos, would you mind sending me any pictures of locations that you have or docs that might be helpful? I can use all the help I can get! My email is amberm390@gmail.com...

 

Originally Posted by kloos5 View Post

Hi Irene! Warm welcome from sunny Florida!!!

I read somewhere on this thread that carrot cake and dutch cheesecake were awesome flavors. I am having 3 layer cake  so I thought about making the bottom layer cheesecake, the middle carrot cake and the top chocolate with mouse inside- since it's the lightest. They told me- no problem! So based on that I believe you can customize whatever you want, you just need to ask for it. I know for sure that Mexican vanilla cakes are homemade, no boxes here but they are very moist almost as if they were soaked in vanilla/ rum- similar to Brazillian cakes, also I know for sure that their dutch cheesecake is dry not as creamy as American one and not as sweet. I researched this thoroughly because I wanted something that would resemble Polish cakes not American ones...Another thing is ... think of your guests and what their are used to... If you guests are mostly from US I would ask for the cake flavors to resemble the flavors/ texture, people would be accostomed to be eating here. Eg. Although I moved to US about 10 years ago, I absolutely can't eat cakes made here, they are way to sweet and too dry for me but my friends from here say that Polish cakes are not sweet at all and they can't taste any sugar in them! Sorry, for the long reply, I just find customs and habits very interesting...:)

As far as the set menus go... one of the coordinators wanted to throw this at me... but I refused...I just don't think that your guests should be limited to one choice or even 2 choices of meat and appetizers. What is somebody will only eat fish and your choices were chicken and beef? I think it's insane to give such limited menu ( Mundaca) for dinner especially that not only guests are paying to stay at all-inclusive but you are paying for the private functions. It was a little bit bitchy of me to bring that up... but I basically told them that for bringing this uch revenue to the hotel I do expect at least some decent choices. They agreed and I didn't hear another word about it.

 

I do have plenty of docs and pictures of locations so if you would like i can e-mail them to you.

 

Good Luck with everything!

 

I am leaving in 38 days! Oh Jess, we decided to do the xplor and then do the www.captainquickie.com tour which is very unique and not for masses so to speak, we will do the www.kantunchi.com too! And we wil lalso go diving to Cozumel. The companies that are dong this for us came highly recommended so if anybody wants advice I will be more then happy to answer any questions.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Runcol2 I would love to see photos, My email address is IreneLiardo@aol.com.. I tried to find you on facebook but I couldâ€t.

 

Jszy10 – We were never given the choice of Tres Leches Cake, I guess Iâ€m just going to request it and see what she says.. We have Edith as or wedding coordinator. I just saw the picture of your cake, that the theme im looking for.  When we brought up the option of an outside photographer we were told its not allowed.. It drives me nuts that the give different answers to everyone.. I see your Wedding was in June, Congratulations!.... Would you have any pictures I would be able to see.. I LOVE PICTURES LOL… Thanks again for all your help…

 

Everyone.. I do have official pictures of maracas Terrace if Anyone is interested… Its beautiful but Very Large..I took pictures early one morning while they were setting up for a Wedding..

 

Kloos5- Thank you for all the info on cakes.. I think my family would be used to  sweet moist cakes so if they let us choose the tres leches it would be perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see the pics of Maracas Terrace.  It was suggested as one of the locations for my welcome dinner but the pictures they have suck.

 

sxctaz18@gmail.com
 

Originally Posted by IreneAnnLiardo View Post

 

Runcol2 I would love to see photos, My email address is IreneLiardo@aol.com.. I tried to find you on facebook but I couldâ€t.

 

Jszy10 – We were never given the choice of Tres Leches Cake, I guess Iâ€m just going to request it and see what she says.. We have Edith as or wedding coordinator. I just saw the picture of your cake, that the theme im looking for.  When we brought up the option of an outside photographer we were told its not allowed.. It drives me nuts that the give different answers to everyone.. I see your Wedding was in June, Congratulations!.... Would you have any pictures I would be able to see.. I LOVE PICTURES LOL… Thanks again for all your help…

 

Everyone.. I do have official pictures of maracas Terrace if Anyone is interested… Its beautiful but Very Large..I took pictures early one morning while they were setting up for a Wedding..

 

Kloos5- Thank you for all the info on cakes.. I think my family would be used to  sweet moist cakes so if they let us choose the tres leches it would be perfect.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

206700_10150149453862842_195998627841_6602872_5861457_n.jpg
Hi ladies , this is a picture of Muracas Terrace, I'm having my wedding reception there!!!

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

I'd love to see the pics of Maracas Terrace.  It was suggested as one of the locations for my welcome dinner but the pictures they have suck.

 

sxctaz18@gmail.com 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×