Jump to content

Recommended Posts


I thought we were going to have to pay uprfont and then be reimbursed later too, but when my TA sent me the final payment, I realized we only had to pay the difference in upgrade cost from the basic room and 1 full night, b/c we are staying 8...so we dont have to wait to be reiumbursed b/c we didnt have to pay to begin with....pretty sweet right!
 

Originally Posted by sgray View Post

Question for former brides...

Can anyone tell me when you receive the complimentary room nights on your credit card? How long after the wedding? Just curious...

 

 

·         “With a minimum of 20-24 paid rooms for 3 nights or 60 room nights, the bride and groom will receive an upgrade to a complimentary private event instead of a cocktail party (i.e. private dinner) and 4 complimentary room nights for the bride and groom.

 

·         With a minimum of 25 paid rooms for 3 nights or 75 room nights, the bride and groom will receive unlimited private functions and 7 complimentary room nights for the bride and groom. ***

***Free nights will be refunded post travel via the same payment form it was received through the group contract. We will not provide a credit for unused stays; it cannot be transferable to another party or good for future stays).   Online bookings orrooms booked through various operators do not qualify.â€



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a sweet deal.  I've heard others say they got a check within a few weeks...not sure if it was from the resort or their TA. 

 

 

Nicole - I am so jealous that your wedding is so close.  You must be so excited...I am so excited for you.  I can't wait for this time next year.  :)
 

Originally Posted by nicdeb928 View Post


I thought we were going to have to pay uprfont and then be reimbursed later too, but when my TA sent me the final payment, I realized we only had to pay the difference in upgrade cost from the basic room and 1 full night, b/c we are staying 8...so we dont have to wait to be reiumbursed b/c we didnt have to pay to begin with....pretty sweet right!
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had to pay everything upfront but I think thats because we werent/arnt sure how many people total we will have. We are at about 73 For Sure nights atm. Soooo Cloooose!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Sara why are you paying your total balance already? I thought the policy was final payment due 6 weeks before...our wasnt due till 9/19...thats why we already knew we had the 75 rooms booked...
 

Originally Posted by skadow View Post

We had to pay everything upfront but I think thats because we werent/arnt sure how many people total we will have. We are at about 73 For Sure nights atm. Soooo Cloooose!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a sweet deal...but we paid upfront too. My TA indicated that my credit card will be credited after we return but didn't say how soon after. I guess depending on who you work with you get the refund or immediate credit. My thought is that since the TA gets 30% commission on all of the bookings... so they may just be giving you some of their commission and then they keep  your room night credit once they receive it. Who knows! I'll just be glad to get some money back cheesy.gif
 

Originally Posted by nicdeb928 View Post


I thought we were going to have to pay uprfont and then be reimbursed later too, but when my TA sent me the final payment, I realized we only had to pay the difference in upgrade cost from the basic room and 1 full night, b/c we are staying 8...so we dont have to wait to be reiumbursed b/c we didnt have to pay to begin with....pretty sweet right!
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would do Mundaca or El Greco. I FINALLY got my pictures- email me at steph3486 at yahoo.com and I can send out the album link if anyone wants it. We did the Tulum gazebo and Mundaca for dinner. We ate out on the terrace and it was fairly private. We only had 11 people so obviously there were some other guests on the terrace with us but no one was terribly close to us or anything as they kind of had us off to one side.

 

I thought our food at Ventanas was not very good at all- and the lighting was very Golden Corral-ish.

 

Momo no hana is actually very pretty inside but oriental food isn't very neutral if that is something you're worried about. We ate there 2x for dinner and both times were delicious.
 

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Ok ladies...I'm sure these have been answered a million times :oP  But now that I have Wilma emailing me, I was going to choose locations for our events. 

 

I'm trying to get an idea of how close certain things are and which places are the best...so here we go:

 

Wedding -- My FI's only real request was to see me pull up in the horse and carriage.  I wanted to know if there was one Gazebo this is better situated for the horse and carriage to come closer than the other?  I know at least one of them drops you off quite a distance away.

 

Cocktail Party -- We know we want the Pandero Terrace for our cocktail reception, but it's not on the resort map (not that I can find anyway!?)  Can anyone tell me where this is in relation to either gazebo?

 

Dinner -- Because we are having an AHR, and we can't really afford a private dinner, we are going to be having our reception in one of the restaurants.  I was wondering if anyone could recommend one that they think would be the best and/or most private?  I though I was going to go with the Mundaca steak house because I believe there is a terrace outside that we could request to be on to make it a little bit more private, but now I'm not sure?  My choices are El Greco, Momo no hana, Ventanas or Mundaca.  I'm ruling out Momo no hana..but I don't know anything about the others.

 

Thanks for your help in advance!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


sent you an email :)
 

Originally Posted by Steph3486 View Post

I would do Mundaca or El Greco. I FINALLY got my pictures- email me at steph3486 at yahoo.com and I can send out the album link if anyone wants it. We did the Tulum gazebo and Mundaca for dinner. We ate out on the terrace and it was fairly private. We only had 11 people so obviously there were some other guests on the terrace with us but no one was terribly close to us or anything as they kind of had us off to one side.

 

I thought our food at Ventanas was not very good at all- and the lighting was very Golden Corral-ish.

 

Momo no hana is actually very pretty inside but oriental food isn't very neutral if that is something you're worried about. We ate there 2x for dinner and both times were delicious.
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steph, your wedding got me so excited!!!!  :o) thanks for sharing your pictures!  I think I will be definitely do Mundaca for dinner.  I love that the marianci band played so you could dance!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steph

 

Was it a far walk for your guests to go from the Tulum Gazebo to the restaurant on the Cove side??  I was concerned about that, but I am having my cocktail party at the Pandero Terrace and I believe that is in between??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×