I'm not sure how we have room numbers already. Our TA is keeping track of it all so I'm just going on her word. I'm putting info in our welcome letter about meeting times and points and letting people know where we are stayings o we can always be found.

The red runner can be taken up/removed for your ceremony. I'm not having it in mine. You can also bring your own aisle runner which I think would look pretty. I'd like to find a straw or bamboo one. Although I don't know how much energy I want to spend on the gazebo as we will only be in there for 15 min.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey everyone!!

I have been MIA from the forum and from wedding planning, but with two months left, I am begining to STRESS!!

NaM, what a great idea with the aisle runner...I hated the idea of the red one as well. I am looking for one for a pink&orange theme...I will let you know if I find anything fabulous.

Rachel - do you have that outline still? I would love to see it. E-mail me at rbarzu@internetek.net if you can still send it!

I am all over on the planning...we have 25 people coming and it seems like there is SO MUCH to do in such little time.

talk to you all soon, Raluca

• 3 weeks later...

Hey girls!

18 days until my wedding!

Ahhhh!!

I think I'm pretty set.

The things I have left to do are:

Printing out time lines for the wedding day for the front desk to give out

Printing out my programs

Putting together my bridesmaid's real touch bouquets (can you believe how much the resort charges for extra flowers?!!)

We made a reservation for the Mexican restaurant for the wedding night. They're only able to seat 12 people there so they have to put us at two tables. Do you think that's going to be alright or do you think I should switch to one of the restaurants that allow 35 people?

Any restaurant suggestions from previous Aventura brides?!

I think I have everything else together.

Any last minute tips would be greatly appreciated!

Danielle,

How exciting!! You sound like you are doing well - calm and organized. Wish I will mirror that in a few weeks when it's my time to start freaking out:-))

RE: Real-touch flowers -- I had mine done by a very talented lady out of Florida. They were very inexpensive, especially compared to the real ones at ASP. I was apalled by their flower prices. I think they take advantage of their "no-outside-vendor-rule." You cannot use anyone else, so we will charge you an arm and a leg for any services we provide...

I suggest a bigger restaurant....but I am only speaking given my personal preference. We are having a private reception so we are doing the "rehearsal dinner" at one of the restaurants that can hold 35 people - however, they won't let me book that just yet. I appreciate any suggestions on best restaurants for a large group...

Have tons of FUN!!!!!! And let us know all the details. I am about 3 weeks after you (so is NaM) and your advice will put our minds at ease.

Raluca

Raluca-You should email your WC, we have our rehearsal dinner night reservations already set at the international restaurant. I have it in writing for 45 people so I know for sure they will let you do this and even stretch it a bit if you need to fit more people.

What do you guys think they would do if my parents went to Playa Del Carmen the morning of the wedding and bought some flowers? It's technically not a vendor bringing them in, it's just like buying real touch and bringing them with you right? I think this is what we are going to do cause I also agree their flower prices are ridiculous.

Congrats Danielle, can't wait to hear all about it and see your pics!! BTW are you getting your hair done at the salon, this is a constant worry for me for some reason.

OK, that makes me mad, because Yazmin told me repeatedly I have to wait until the day we arrive to book the restaurant.bann.gif I just wrote her an email about scheduling our rehearsal at Mundaca that Friday. Argghh.

Natalia, I bet the flower idea is going to work. I mean, what are they going to do?

I am getting my hair done there and my makeup. I emailed them to ask about what kind of makeup they use...I hope it is quality stuff. My hair does't worry me (it's quite a short bob, how can you mess that uphuh.gif) but my makeup is quite a stress. I am pretty good doing it myself on a normal day, but that will be far from normal. So I am banking on their skills....however, I have nightmares about looking like a made up geisha:-))

This is getting nerve-wracking overall.

whew...msncry.gif

raluca

Hi Ladies

I've been so busy these last few months I've hardly had time to check the forum! I am leaving on the 19th (married on the 23rd) and am soooo freaking out!! ;-)

All these last minute details are so stressful!

My WC is Dulce and she told me that they don't use the red runners anymore?? She said they removed them--has anyone else heard that?

If not, any other solutions to that?

My other issue is that we do have reservations at the Mundaca restaurant but I didn't want to print my final welcome letters with all the schedules/itineary on it because I'm afraid once I get down there I will change my mind. Many of the brides have said they switched gazebos and dinner/reception places. I know they have a business center but I hope they allow you to print stuff!

I only have one bridesmaid so I am buying her bouquet, but I did make the groomsmens boutonnieres out of silk flowers. If I had a bigger party I would definitely look at buying the flowers elsewhere!

I am also worried about the room situation. People keep calling and asking how they are going to find us. Ducle told me that she could give me a room list once we get down there. Does anyone know how the group booking go? Most of us booked through the same travel agent so do they try to keep you in the same area?

Thanks again for all the advice and help!!

Can I just say that I am very jealous of all you ladies not yet married at ASP!!! We've just had our 1st anniversary and wishing we could do it all again :0)

We were only there ourselves so I can't answer many of the questions, but we had Dulce on the day and she was great, we had our wedding dinner in MoMoNaHaNa which was absolutely fabulous - they put all our wedding flowers on the table, had our cake there, played a special song for us and we had 2 personal waiters and anything we wanted!!

I didn't want to have loads of flowers lying around dying - too expensive for that - and I wanted something a little different, so I had a bouquet of wire, beads and little dragonflies made up and artificial flowers were woven into it. I added some ribbons on when we got there. I made hubbies button with artificial heather and a little dragonfly. Click the image to open in full size.

We used the North side (now ASP side) gazebo as I didn't really want to be in full view of the poolside.

All in all it was the perfect day for us - even though it was the only day it rained in 14 - and I wouldn't have changed it for the world. If anyone would like to see our photos let me know and I'll post the link.

To all you ladies still to go - good luck and best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarzu View Post
OK, that makes me mad, because Yazmin told me repeatedly I have to wait until the day we arrive to book the restaurant.bann.gif I just wrote her an email about scheduling our rehearsal at Mundaca that Friday. Argghh. I would definitely double check because Dulce accidently sent me an email she meant to send to the bride getting married after me (there IS 3 of us that day!) and she was doing her rehearsal reservation too.
Natalia, I bet the flower idea is going to work. I mean, what are they going to do?That's what I figure too. We are going to Playa del Carmen on the 18th so hopefully we can find a flower shop and my dad will pick them up the morning of the wedding.
I am getting my hair done there and my makeup. I emailed them to ask about what kind of makeup they use...I hope it is quality stuff. My hair does't worry me (it's quite a short bob, how can you mess that uphuh.gif) but my makeup is quite a stress. I am pretty good doing it myself on a normal day, but that will be far from normal. So I am banking on their skills....however, I have nightmares about looking like a made up geisha:-))
Would you consider splitting a makeup artist if the price was right? My photographer sent an email recommending one who works with MAC I believe. I haven't checked prices but maybe it's something to considerhuh.gif?
This is getting nerve-wracking overall.
whew...msncry.gif
raluca
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarissaDC View Post
Hi Ladies
I've been so busy these last few months I've hardly had time to check the forum! I am leaving on the 19th (married on the 23rd) and am soooo freaking out!! ;-)

All these last minute details are so stressful!

My WC is Dulce and she told me that they don't use the red runners anymore?? She said they removed them--has anyone else heard that? I haven't heard this...but I wouldn't be too upset, I was planning on asking them to remove it. It would like a bamboo aisle runner but probably won't even bother. I could just picture my train getting caught and reeking havoc. I've seen pictures with flower petals thrown down as the aisle and I think that looks really pretty.

If not, any other solutions to that?

My other issue is that we do have reservations at the Mundaca restaurant but I didn't want to print my final welcome letters with all the schedules/itineary on it because I'm afraid once I get down there I will change my mind. Many of the brides have said they switched gazebos and dinner/reception places. I know they have a business center but I hope they allow you to print stuff! i was worried about this too but I figure it's small enough not to worry about really. Hopefully if we make any changes we can just spread it through word of mouth....

I only have one bridesmaid so I am buying her bouquet, but I did make the groomsmens boutonnieres out of silk flowers. If I had a bigger party I would definitely look at buying the flowers elsewhere!

I am also worried about the room situation. People keep calling and asking how they are going to find us. Ducle told me that she could give me a room list once we get down there. Does anyone know how the group booking go? Most of us booked through the same travel agent so do they try to keep you in the same area? My TA asked about this and they said it's first come first serve but they will try to keep group bookings together as much as possible. Is your party staying on the cove or spa side?? That's our problem...half the group is on one side the other half is one the other side.

Thanks again for all the advice and help!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieemc View Post
Can I just say that I am very jealous of all you ladies not yet married at ASP!!! We've just had our 1st anniversary and wishing we could do it all again :0)

We were only there ourselves so I can't answer many of the questions, but we had Dulce on the day and she was great, we had our wedding dinner in MoMoNaHaNa which was absolutely fabulous - they put all our wedding flowers on the table, had our cake there, played a special song for us and we had 2 personal waiters and anything we wanted!!

I didn't want to have loads of flowers lying around dying - too expensive for that - and I wanted something a little different, so I had a bouquet of wire, beads and little dragonflies made up and artificial flowers were woven into it. I added some ribbons on when we got there. I made hubbies button with artificial heather and a little dragonfly. Click the image to open in full size.

We used the North side (now ASP side) gazebo as I didn't really want to be in full view of the poolside.

All in all it was the perfect day for us - even though it was the only day it rained in 14 - and I wouldn't have changed it for the world. If anyone would like to see our photos let me know and I'll post the link.

To all you ladies still to go - good luck and best wishes.
Your day sounds perfect! Of course we want pictures!!!!!!!!!