• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Danielle,

i didn't know our only option was the red runner and i have been trying to find out as well...The photos of their new collections (we are choosing the amber collection) show the decor with a very neutral runner....They confuse me so much sometimes...Am I the only one who feels this way??! :)

Danielle,

My WC told me that we can bring our own rose petals for our flower girls to throw, so I am sure that you can just do that for the decor. I can't remember which bride it was but I know that she told her WC that she didn't want the red-runner and they told her that they wouldn't put it out...well on the day of the wedding it was there but her FI had them remove it. So I am sure that you can just let them know that you don't want it and have them (or bring your own) rose petals put down. I would bring down your own...if you don't mind using fake petals because the price is around $35 for them to provide rose petals for the flower girls.

Rbarzu,

The red runner is part of the old packages (which I think a lot of us have). But if you selected the Amber package then you will get the color that goes with it.

Our colors where blue and orange as well. Our wedding coordinator told us it would probably be too windy for rose petals. She didnt think they would stay down. We thought about taking out the red runner but in the end we wanted something to make an aisle and the red one was the only choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jena0609 View Post
Kellywinter1,

Can you please take pictures of the garden area? I believe that the garden area is available for a private reception and I would like to know if it's nice, secluded, etc. Congratulations! I bet you are so excited! Are you ready?smile29.gif
Jena0609,

Here is pictures of the garden area. It is located on the Aventura Spa side (adults only). The garden area is surrounded by pools, the lobby and lagoon area and a restaurant. So the area is not so private.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarzu View Post
Dear taxchick,
How exciting. Please take lots of photos. I plan to get married at ASP in November. Now that the Cove Palace is allowing kids, we have a 14-year-old cousin joining the group of adults and have to perform the ceremony and have the reception on that side...can you jlet me know any details if you scope out the "Cove" area? THANKS a million!! And have fun!!!

Raluca
rbarzu,

I just returned from my weddingmoon at the ASP/ACP and I honestly think you have nothing to worry about. The Cove side is just as nice as the Spa side. The only down side to staying on the south side is that the spa and beauty services are only on the north side. In fact I think my hubby and I enjoyed the south side more than we did the noth (adults only) lol. The south side is where both ASP and ACP shows are held. The dico is also on the south side. We also like the pool better on the south than the north since all the pools on the south side connect where as on the north side they do not. And both the south and the north have a pool bar. Also the "Cabo" wedding gazebo and the Pandora are located on the south side. They also have the terrace over Mundaca (steak restaurant)which can be used as a private reception area. The south side is also where the La Hacienda (Mexican) restaurant is which is the resorts most popular restaurant and where the honeymoon dinner is held. All in all most guest found themselves venturing down to the south side more often than not.

For your younger guest the south side offers a game room that has XBox, a dance machine, pool table and lounge area where non-alcoholic drinks are served.

I hope this helps a little. If you have any more questions I'll be happy to answer any I can.

Quote:
Does anyone know which reception areas allow kids? I have emailed my WC a few times asking her to send us the options for our private reception and she has yet to respond to me.

I have some questions for you ladies that are all ready married...and perhaps you girls that may have found out this info.

How long did it take to get your hair and make-up done?
Do you recommend getting it done early or close to the ceremony? (We are getting married at 6:00).
How was the pedi and mani? Not sure if I am going to get the mani because I am getting my nails done the day before we leave, but then again that is four days before the wedding.
Thank you for your help.
I had my hair and make up done for the wedding at the spa and I was there for a good 2 hours. The "bridal hair" appt slot gives you 80 min and the make up was for 45 min. My appt was at 3pm I got back to the room a little after 5pm. The photographer and DVD guy was at my room around 5:45pm to take some pictures and video and then we were off to the ceremony site for my wedding at 6pm.

I got a mani and pedi before I left for Mexico as well and I found I was needing to touch up the polish by the day of the wedding. It was 5 days in between when I had my nails done and the wedding. I would suggest to go ahead and expect to get them done. While I was getting my hair/make up done a few ladies were having their nails done and they left pleased.

I will give you a heads up on the hair and make up part. I came prepared to have to explain/fix my hair and make up after hearing the stories from the prior brides and the language barrier and I would suggest the same to you. I brought pictures but in the end I still had issues. The lady had to redo my hair but she did do well on my make up. I will go more into the story in my review but just beware and don't leave until you get what you want!

Thank you so much for taking those pics and for the information. Congratulations also! How does it feel to be married? Did you get an outside photographer or did you use the one from the resort? Were you pleased with your WC once you got there? Can't wait to see your pics!

Quote:
Thank you so much for taking those pics and for the information. Congratulations also! How does it feel to be married? Did you get an outside photographer or did you use the one from the resort? Were you pleased with your WC once you got there? Can't wait to see your pics!
I totally feel like the wedding was just a dream. It felt like it went by so fast! And I think because of that its just starting to sink in that we are actually married! I can't believe I am a Mrs. !!!!!

To answer your question we did use the resorts photographer. He impressed me with his professionalism and really took the time to work with us to try to maximize the time we had to get the best pictures. Now I haven't gotten the pictures yet so I will have to tell you then how good of a job he did. I wish I would have met with him when I met our WC because I think he would have talked me into having the wedding a little earlier so we could have more time to take pictures. Since we got married at 6pm we only had about an hour hour and a half to take pictures before it was dark. So he had told me afterward we should have made it for earlier in the day.

My WC was Yazmin. She was nice and pleasant to us. But like other people it took forever to get a response via email. But once we met I thought she was attentive and helpful. That is until I got home and saw that while we were in Mexico Aventura offered new packages!!!!! Not once did Yazmin mention this to us! The difference between the free wedding packages alone was $180 for us. So having the new package could have saved us money. But looking at the new packages and the upgrade flowers/cake/decorations/fireworks we might have upgrade to one of those packages!!! So now I am kinda irritated that she didn't even mention those changes!! When we met with her we did an over view of everything and what we wanted based on the information we had. We had visited the gazebo before we met with her so we knew which one we wanted to have the ceremony at. And at the time I didn't think to ask her if we could do a run through of what we should do and where we stand and what would happen at the ceremony but I think it would have been helpful. Not until I was ready to walk down the aisle did she tell me where to stand, when to stop ect. But over all the wedding went well without any problems so I guess she did her job.

That is disappointing that she didn't mention that to you. We are also getting married at 6:00, and I am a little worried about the lighting as well. Yazmin said that the sun sets around 7:30...but we are hiring another photographer and he is going to get there around 4:00 so at least we can get the shots of me and my BM's, mom, etc. That way right after the wedding we can just do our wedding shots. Did you go to the lounge and night club there? How was it?