Thank you for the pic compliments! She was amazing! BUT the onsite photographer was SO NICE (we used one for our welcome dinner) and if you have suggestions they'll do everything they can to make you happy!!

Yes, we just had her stay as our guest. I didn't ask, others did, I was scared they'd say no! =)

Other than the photography I didn't upgrade anything. The cake was the "free" one, the flowers were the "free" ones. I just told them I wanted the bouquet round instead of cascading (like they show on the website. They have lots of pictures once you get there.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for the pic compliments! She was amazing! BUT the onsite photographer was SO NICE (we used one for our welcome dinner) and if you have suggestions they'll do everything they can to make you happy!!

Yes, we just had her stay as our guest. I didn't ask, others did, I was scared they'd say no! =)

Other than the photography I didn't upgrade anything. The cake was the "free" one, the flowers were the "free" ones. I just told them I wanted the bouquet round instead of cascading (like they show on the website. They have lots of pictures once you get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catandcleo View Post
Hey ladies... i apologize for being so intermittent here. I kind of thought life would slow down once the holidays were over, but January was busier than December and February is looking even worse!!!!

Anyway, I used the resort photographer, and while the quality is probably not as good as some of the pro photographers, it wasn't as big a deal to me and i still thought they were really good. I can't be bothered to try to upload them here (i have never managed to make them work properly!) - but you can go to my wedding website to take a look if it will help you out. You can tell some are really great shots and some are just mediocre... I got enough shots that i thought were really good that it was worth it to me. If you tell the photographer some ideas you would like to try, he is really willing to work with you. If not, you get the "stock" photos. (We liked the idea of the pool balls showing our wedding date. That was actually my husband's idea - and some turned out great, some not so much. Once he figured out what we were going for, they were better and not so out of focus...) We are fairly picky people about those kind of things and we were happy with our resort photog, but it's all about your preferences.

Our site is: Wedding Website - Jon & Beth

password: murraywed

Go to the "Photo Album" page and the album you want is "Wedding - official". These are the ones from the resort photographer. You can also check out the resort photos - i think i took photos of EVERYTHING on the resort property!!!

Hope this helps! Please feel free to PM me if you need anything else!!

Beth what photo package did you purchase? I am trying to figure out what would work best for me. Its just me and my fiance. I don't want to get too many but at the same time I don't want only 35 photos. Do you know if the photographer takes more pictures than they print?

Hi -

To be honest, i can't remember exactly what photo package we got. We got an album that had a few 8x10s and some 5x7s. There was also an envelope with a dozen or so more 5x7s that weren't in the album. But we got that particular package because it included the CD of the photography, which was what we really wanted. And yes, he takes a TON more photos than he prints, so it is WELL worth it to pay for the disk. (He will take as many as you request.) I think ours had like 260 high res pics, and then i just had the ones i wanted for thank you cards printed through the Apple website. If it is a financial concern - i would just get the smallest package possible and get the CD, then you can pick which ones you love and only get those printed out.

Also, i can't recommend the DVD enough - especially if it is just you two and you want to have something to a)show people when you get back and B) something to look back on. It is awesome - he does such a great job!!!

All in all, our total "extra cost" for our free wedding package was just over $1500 for photos, dvds, blood tests, document translation, flowers, etc. Not too bad when you compare it to a traditional wedding...

I have a couple more questions for you, Erin and Beth.

First, Erin you had said you had your brother play the guitar for your ceremony so I assume he also played as you walked down the aisle? Beth did you have any music playing as you walked down the aisle? I read some where in their wedding info they allow you to play up to 4 songs during the ceremony. I was just wondering if any one took advantage of it and how it turned out?

Second, Erin when did you schedule your hair and make-up appointment? Beth did you use the spa for your hair and make-up? I was told by Yazmin my wedding planner to contact Martha via email to make an appointment. So I emailed Martha and requested an appointment (with a person that speaks English per Erin's advice) and she still hasn't responded to me!? I have also forwarded the email to Yazmin to ask her for her help and she too hasn't gotten back to me. If they wont be able to give me an appointment I wanted to start looking for other options in the area soon. I don't know what to do?

Thanks ladies for your help!!!!

Hi Kelly -

Yes, i used the music option. My husband and i picked 4 songs and burned them to a cd and gave it to our wedding coordinator when we got there (make sure they are in the right order!) I walked down to Billy Joel's "Just the Way You Are" and it was perfect - Jon teared up. (I laughed at him!) smile120.gif

I did not have my hair or makeup done at the spa, because i am kind of weird about strangers touching my hair and have horrifying flashbacks to some bad experiences with the crazy makeup counter ladies. But my MOH had her hair done and she liked it once she got past the language barrier. (Good call on requesting one that speaks english!)

You can read my full review over here: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t33078

It may help to answer some of the other questions you might have. If not, feel free to ask. I'm not on here often anymore, but i still have my alerts set up to notify me by e-mail, so i will respond if you have any more questions!