We had a travel agent as well but we were required to pay for our room in full in order to get the group contract.  We were also required to pay for our wedding package in full prior to arriving at the resort.  Our room was $433 per night because we went with the concierge room.

Originally Posted by breeburns View Post

About the free room nights, our vacation company (westjet) we booked all our guests and our trip through is refunding us the nights aparently, we will see how this goes! We have just been in contact with them, I'll keep you ladies posted!
Just curious how much did you get per night?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your room charge includes gratuities.  However, at the salon and spa, I did tip extra. 10 to 20% depending on the service.

We also tipped the bar tender and wait staff, $5 per person for our private events.  And we tipped the waiter for our reception dinner $20. We also tipped our WC.  

We also tipped the bell boys and room service waiters. Bell boys $1 per bag and room service $1 

As for the regular bars, pool side service and dinner throughout we didn't tip.

Hope this helps.  I think tipping beyond the already charged gratuities is really a personal preference and you should tip what you feel you want to tip.

Hope this helps! :)

Originally Posted by AlmostMrsMcD View Post

All, does anyone have any tips on tipping for services at the salon/spa/bars??  I was just trying to figure out how much cash to bring and was wondering if anyone had suggestions? 

We tipped the typical 10-20% for spa/salon treatments, as well as our wedding reception waitstaff.  We would tip $1 or 2 for room service, but we did not typcically tip the regular bar or wait staff.

Originally Posted by AlmostMrsMcD View Post

All, does anyone have any tips on tipping for services at the salon/spa/bars??  I was just trying to figure out how much cash to bring and was wondering if anyone had suggestions? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just an update we finally got our 4 free nights put back in our credit card it was around $1200 which we weren't really expecting!! Yay! We got it back through the company we booked our vacation through (westjet - they finally did something right) Also my sneak peeks should be available through our photographer shortly (it's been over three weeks, I'm getting so excited!) when I get them I'll post a link! Also Jaime, Tammy and Jennifer, have you ladies written a revue for the resort yet? I'm planning on doing it but I have been a little lazy since getting home from Mexico! And as far as tipping goes we tipped the bell boys, anybody that drove us to our room, the bartender at the martini bar (Aldo - loved him). But the wedding day we tipped the four staff members well because they were amazing and the head waiter was incredibly helpful when our friends were setting up. Hair salon I tipped $10 for the wedding day and $5 for the TTD day but like I said before my TTD makeup was so bad I looked like drag queen (I washed my face right away and did my own makeup). You definitely don't have to tip but we did, they were just so nice, well everywhere but the front desk!

Glad to hear you got your credit back! Esp. if it was more than you were expecting!!

I wrote my reviews (including ASP) a couple of weeks ago - still haven't managed to finish my planning thread though - ha - it's amazing how eager you THINK you'll be afterwards, but life still manages to be busy AFTER the wedding! And...I think I went into wedding/honeymoon withdrawal and didn't want to think about it right after we got home. But at least got all the reviews done angel2.gif

Originally Posted by breeburns View Post

Hey guys, just an update we finally got our 4 free nights put back in our credit card it was around $1200 which we weren't really expecting!! Yay!
We got it back through the company we booked our vacation through (westjet - they finally did something right)
Also my sneak peeks should be available through our photographer shortly (it's been over three weeks, I'm getting so excited!) when I get them I'll post a link!
Also Jaime, Tammy and Jennifer, have you ladies written a revue for the resort yet? I'm planning on doing it but I have been a little lazy since getting home from Mexico!
And as far as tipping goes we tipped the bell boys, anybody that drove us to our room, the bartender at the martini bar (Aldo - loved him). But the wedding day we tipped the four staff members well because they were amazing and the head waiter was incredibly helpful when our friends were setting up. Hair salon I tipped $10 for the wedding day and $5 for the TTD day but like I said before my TTD makeup was so bad I looked like drag queen (I washed my face right away and did my own makeup). You definitely don't have to tip but we did, they were just so nice, well everywhere but the front desk!

I just got back.  I was surprised how empty the place was.  Should be really fun for a wedding, since your group would almost feel like you've got the place to yourself. 

We had an OK stay.  Our room was in a hallway & it was so noisy at night.  We got woken up by all the people coming back from the bars and then again when they ordered room service.  

We had a great trip to Xplor on Friday.  

Morgan, we also felt like it was dead and we were the only guests there but honestly I loved it! We had pool areas to ourself it was great. Oh and I know what your talking about with being woken up in the middle of the night by that darn squeeky wheeled room service cart! Drove me nuts!! Also our air conditioning in the room was noisy at times, but I think anything would have woken me up to be honest due to the lumpy really hard bed! I know other peoples beds weren't as bad as ours! We also did Xplor the day before our wedding with a few of our guests and had a blast! It was definitely excerisize going up those towers and I would suggest to anyone who wants to go bring old running shoes because they will get soaked!! I wore flip flops because I only had brand new runners that I wasn't willing to get wet. I'm going to try and post the sneak peeks from our photographer today! We just got them!!