Hi Morgan,

Congratulations on winning the BDW stay!! The switch isnt happening until the Fall, so you dont have anything to worry about.

I will be getting to Aventura Cove on May 19th, and my wedding is May 26th, so we might run into each other!!

Originally Posted by Morgan View Post

Hi Ladies!  I'm checking out the Aventura thread because I just won the BDW hotel stay.  I got married at Catalonia Riviera Maya next door, so it will be exciting to be back.  We might do a simple vow renewal while we are there. It isn't booked yet, but we are planning for May.

When does the switch to Hard Rock take place?  Anyone know what that will be like?  Just Rock n Roll displays?  I've actually never been to a Hard Rock.

I loved Puerto Aventuras.  The hotel is walking distance to a marina.  Some of our guests went fishing with captain ricks.  We chartered vans to Coba & Gran Cenote.  My favorite excursion was just a short cab ride to Paamul for snorkeling.  Wear shoes or fins though.  My husband stepped on a sea urchin.  Paamul was beautiful.  It's where the locals vacation & everyone was in an open air restaurant so we had the beach to ourselves.  Kayaking around the lagoon was fun, too.  I personally like the rocky beaches in that area.  They were beautiful for photos.  

So excited to be heading back to Mexico.  Will anyone be there around May 17th?  

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me know how Edith does.  I was told that she's going to be my on-site WC as well.  Still waiting to hear from my Miami WC.  From past post on here, I think Edith is really good.

Good luck to you:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-me View Post

I just got assigned my onsite coordinator - Edith!! I'm so excited and can't believe it's just around the corner - 38 days eeeek!!!!!!!!!

Goodluck!! Let us know how the planning goes and how everything goes while you are down there. I hope you have a great experience for your special day!!

Originally Posted by J-me View Post

I just got assigned my onsite coordinator - Edith!! I'm so excited and can't believe it's just around the corner - 38 days eeeek!!!!!!!!!

Past brides!

I was reading on here somewhere that it's really windy under the gazebo's and that a loose up-do isn't good because of the wind.  Did you find this to be a problem.  I would like to wear my hair up but don't want it falling down during my ceremony.  Did any of you have a problem with the wind?  Any advice would be great.  

Thanks!!

Did you see the links to the wedding videos?  I feel like you could get a real idea of the wind by watching those?  It was definitely windy by the water in general, but I didn't feel like it was unbearable.  I had my hair up, but my bangs were just sort of tucked, so I do remember they fell out a little during my walk, but once we were in the gazebo it was fine!  You can see in the beginning on windy it was with the guys shirts, but if you use a good amount of hair spray, you should be fine!!

Here is the link in case you never saw it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBG7wLv2YAU&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&noredirect=1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBG7wLv2YAU&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&noredirect=1

Originally Posted by chase414 View Post

Past brides!

I was reading on here somewhere that it's really windy under the gazebo's and that a loose up-do isn't good because of the wind.  Did you find this to be a problem.  I would like to wear my hair up but don't want it falling down during my ceremony.  Did any of you have a problem with the wind?  Any advice would be great.  

Thanks!!

It is pretty breezy and I really think it all depends on the day, some days were breezier than others. So you just have to go into it thinking that it has the potential to be windy, because you can't predict what that exact day will be like. I think it also depends on which gazebo you're getting married in...the closer to the water, the windier it will be. We were married in the Tulum Gazebo which is not right on the water, so it was less windy for us. However, the Chichen and Coba are over the water, so probably breezier.

I purposely did not wear a veil for this reason, because I didn't want it to be annoying and blowing all over the place. I decided to wear my hair up, because if it was down in curls, the curls would have been a mess from the wind. That was just my theory though! Mine was not a super tight up-do...it was low and a little looser and it worked fine. Just use alot of hairspraycheesy.gif

I am so excited for you ladies...I miss it there and am SO ready to go back!!

What a great video! Thanks so much for sharing :)  I guess it is pretty windy.  Was the video done by the resort?  I know our wedding package comes with one.  

How long was your ceremony? I think you said before that they take about 1 1/2 hours after the ceremony to take photos. Is this correct? Just trying to figure out what time to have our cocktail party start.  We'd like to be there for it.

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Did you see the links to the wedding videos?  I feel like you could get a real idea of the wind by watching those?  It was definitely windy by the water in general, but I didn't feel like it was unbearable.  I had my hair up, but my bangs were just sort of tucked, so I do remember they fell out a little during my walk, but once we were in the gazebo it was fine!  You can see in the beginning on windy it was with the guys shirts, but if you use a good amount of hair spray, you should be fine!!

Here is the link in case you never saw it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBG7wLv2YAU&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&noredirect=1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBG7wLv2YAU&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&noredirect=1