Hi Ladies, I am officially under the 90 day mark to the wedding. I was curious to know when the onsite wedding coordinator will be in contact with me? Yesenia said 90 days before the wedding, but I wasnt sure if it was much closer? I was wondering when everyone was contacted, how long before?

Thanks!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't feel bad Sarah! Mine is less than 60 days away and I still haven't found out who and/or been contacted by my onsite coordinator! Both my TA (who works a lot with Palace) and Yesenia have told me with all of their recent changes, it's more normal for the onsite coordinator to reach out to you 30-60 days prior.

Fingers crossed for both of us!

Originally Posted by SarahWitt View Post

Hi Ladies, I am officially under the 90 day mark to the wedding. I was curious to know when the onsite wedding coordinator will be in contact with me? Yesenia said 90 days before the wedding, but I wasnt sure if it was much closer? I was wondering when everyone was contacted, how long before?

Thanks!!

Ok great, just wasn't sure! I think I'll just leave it out - no one will know the difference!

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

It might be worth asking your WC if you want to put the officiant in your program.  I just didn't make mention of it and don't think I ever really knew the name of my officiant?

Our wedding is May 3rd and I was told by Yesenia that Maggie my Miami office WC would  be contacting me in March.  But she was able to tell me that my on-site WC will be Edith.  She stated that there are two on-site WC's.  

Have any of the past brides worked with Edith?

Originally Posted by SarahWitt View Post

Thanks!!

Okay thanks so much ladies. I am trying not to stress as much as possible, but just wanted to make sure when the right time would be to freak out when it comes down to being contacted by them. I know you can plan most once you get down to the resort, but I like to be as prepared as possible, which I am sure most brides do!!

Hey ladies!
I'm trying not to freak out- our wedding is May 1st, 2012 and haven't heard from our wedding coordinator yet. Yesenia replies instantly but hasn't offered to answer any of our questions unfortunately, so i have just been pretending that it isn't less then 8 weeks until my wedding lol. Oh well our guest list isn't huge (20 people) so i don't think it will be to hard to plan quickly.

Really i just want to be able to plan excursions for our group and spa appointments (hair and make up for the day of). Also we want to decide on menu options/restaurants.

Sounds like this is normal! so hopefully we hear from her soon (our WC is Maggie - anybody have experience with her?)

we are excited though!!

And maybe i will see some of you ladies there during our trip!

Congrats everyone!

My wedding is April 14, 2012 and I have nothing planned.  I guess just keep pretending it isn't as close as it really is! cheesy.gif  I'm just trying to re focus my attention on wedding showers and wardrobe!

I know they are changing coordinators around and this resort is going to be a hard rock or something, but I thought they would be professional enough to not let those changes affect the weddings.

Anyone looking at Aventura Spa or Cove Palace, now is NOT a good time to book a wedding with them...

Yay...so close ladies!!!  I could imagine how frustrating it must be to not have any communication from them :o.  Yesenia was my god-send for the longest time -- she answered all of my questions, set me up with all of the right people, and reserved all of the locations I wanted for things.

I know this may not be very comforting, but I can tell you that their department literally does tons of weddings every week, and I can guarantee you that a lot of them don't plan anything until they are there at the resort in their wedding meeting.  You literally can make almost all of your decisions on site and you will realize you won't have to worry about them not getting it right.  They are use to doing these things on a regular basis.

Good luck in your last few weeks of planning ladies, hope it isn't too stressful on you!!

Try not to freak out (this is me re-assuring myself as well lol!) My wedding is 4/21, we have 50 ppl coming down and I have yet to be contacted by the on site coordinator. My first and only contact with Palace was a call from Maggie about 2 weeks ago, which was not productive at all to be honest (she didn't seem very informed on our wedding details, she kept putting me on hold to 'check' on things, etc.). My TA who uses Palace all the time & even got married there herself said the on site coordinator contacts us about 45 days out, so I'm waiting til then to book my spa appts, restaurant res for rehearsal dinner, all the lil decor details, etc.

Hang in there and let us know in the meantime if we can help w/any questions cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by breeburns View Post

Hey ladies!
I'm trying not to freak out- our wedding is May 1st, 2012 and haven't heard from our wedding coordinator yet. Yesenia replies instantly but hasn't offered to answer any of our questions unfortunately, so i have just been pretending that it isn't less then 8 weeks until my wedding lol. Oh well our guest list isn't huge (20 people) so i don't think it will be to hard to plan quickly.

Really i just want to be able to plan excursions for our group and spa appointments (hair and make up for the day of). Also we want to decide on menu options/restaurants.

Sounds like this is normal! so hopefully we hear from her soon (our WC is Maggie - anybody have experience with her?)

we are excited though!!

And maybe i will see some of you ladies there during our trip!

Congrats everyone!

Yes, Yesenia is awesome!  She has helped us so much and is so quick to reply.  It's just the WC won't reply to any questions and I hate to take up Yesenia's time (since I'm sure she has her own work). 

You would think since they do have so many weddings going thru their office it would be no problem to move us along the path timely.  I mean 38 days and nothing done, thats a little too close. It would be nice for the WC to at least send us the contract so we can pay for our wedding services and make sure we are booked for our wedding...