Thanks Jess! Yeah, I definitely factored in paying for day pass(es) - just wasn't sure about all the other 'fee' rumors, as I've heard so many different things...hope married life is going well!

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

J-Me...I don't have direct experience with this, but I can say that even if they do allow it, you will definitely have to pay a guest pass fee for each person.  I have also heard that they do require an insurance and may require something in terms of power usage? I'm not certain about those details though.  Good luck!

Thank you Taryn! No doubt your guests will have a blast since you're putting together the playlist. I can't wait to be in your shoes - you must be so excited woot.gifcongrats and keep us posted!!

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

J-Me I have no info for you.  Sorry.  We are bringing the BOSE iPod dock and we are making our own playlists which is actually kind of fun.  Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.

So....I leave in just 10 days!!  So excited!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sxcT- I'm so excited for you that you leave in just 1o days!!! I bet you are sooo excited:) I can't wait to hear all about your experience.

Also, do you like the Bose ipod dock and will it be pretty loud you think? I'm contemplating doing something like this also...

J-Me I have no info for you.  Sorry.  We are bringing the BOSE iPod dock and we are making our own playlists which is actually kind of fun.  Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.

So....I leave in just 10 days!!  So excited!!

Hi Taryn,

I arrived the 1st of Nov. So Have been here 4 days already, wedding is tomorrow. On Tuesday it was raining but cleared by pm, Wednesday weather strated being perfect and so far it has been wonderful. I need to say that so far everything turned out perfect. I had a welcome Party tonight, followed by dinner. We had cold hors d'ouvres - they were delicious. Dinner was outside the Ventanas- again beautiful set up and superb service. My wedding coordinator is Cristina Suarez and she has an assistany who's name is Karimi- I and my fiancee have had so mch fun with those girls! They are super nice, eficient and will do EVERYTHING for you and to please you! Everybody and that really means: Everybody goes above and beyond your expectations here. Property is immaculate, activities are awesome- there is a lot to do everyday and night. As far as the weddings themselves go- there is A LOT of them. Today they were 3. Tomorrow 5 and then on Sunday another 2. next week should be super busy... but it's ok because it just means more people to have fun with. Sun is brutal and humidity hight... long hair will get frizzy quickly:) I will update after the wedding! Wish me luck!

Thanks for updating all of us and congrats on now being a married woman!!! Glad to hear you're having a great time & I look forward to hearing more details when you get back!

Originally Posted by kloos5 View Post

Hi Taryn,

I arrived the 1st of Nov. So Have been here 4 days already, wedding is tomorrow. On Tuesday it was raining but cleared by pm, Wednesday weather strated being perfect and so far it has been wonderful. I need to say that so far everything turned out perfect. I had a welcome Party tonight, followed by dinner. We had cold hors d'ouvres - they were delicious. Dinner was outside the Ventanas- again beautiful set up and superb service. My wedding coordinator is Cristina Suarez and she has an assistany who's name is Karimi- I and my fiancee have had so mch fun with those girls! They are super nice, eficient and will do EVERYTHING for you and to please you! Everybody and that really means: Everybody goes above and beyond your expectations here. Property is immaculate, activities are awesome- there is a lot to do everyday and night. As far as the weddings themselves go- there is A LOT of them. Today they were 3. Tomorrow 5 and then on Sunday another 2. next week should be super busy... but it's ok because it just means more people to have fun with. Sun is brutal and humidity hight... long hair will get frizzy quickly:) I will update after the wedding! Wish me luck!

Hi J-me,

The same thing happened to me, I will suggest you to call the office in Miami.

A month  before my wedding i decided to hire a DJ. I had a quote from DJ Doremixx for  $800 . When i asked my WC, she said no outside vendors and sent me their approved DJ which was 4 hours for $ 1500, No way i would pay that money!!. So, I emailed Yesenia from Miami 1 week  before the wedding and asked her if it was okay to use DJ Doremixx, she said yes. Ivan was so great to work with!! My wedding was their first time at Aventura Palace but he worked at other Palace Resorts. My wedding was on Saturday November 5th, Ivan and Omar ( his assistant)  came on Friday to view the reception location and went thru every songs and  all the bridal party's name with us. He made sure everything was right! Husband and I made a lot of changes and he was very patient . Also, i left the song for my wedding video , i told Ivan about it and he sent me a CD with the english and spanish versions of the song.During our meeting, I told him that some of my family are coming  from my country and didn't speak english,  He played French/haitian music which was wonderful!!

There was no fee, i only purchased 2 guests pass.

Originally Posted by J-me View Post

So I really want to hire a DJ - my TA forwarded me Aventura's 'preferred' DJ - J&S AV and while they seem very professional and I'm sure they are fantastic, their prices are MUCH higher (approx. $1500) than DJ Mannia ($990). In my contract it indicates 'no outside vendors' but I was able to get them to make an exception for Del Sol.

Anyone have a concrete answer on what they will/will not allow for DJ services? And if they do allow/make exception for outside DJs, is there really a 'vendor fee' or crazy 'insurance' needed (that would obviously make up the cost for the difference in DJ services)?

Thank you for any insight! My head is starting to spin with all their 'loose' rules! wacko.gif

Can't wait to hear about your weddings ladies!!

Question:  Is there FREE transportation into Playa Del Carmen from Aventura?

We are going to do Playacrawl for our bachelor/ette parties and I am debating on paying extra for round trip transportation to/from Playa.

Aventura only have free transportation in the morning, you have to take a taxi if you're going at a later time. I paid $52 or 560 pesos for 14 ppl.

Can't wait to hear about your weddings ladies!!

Question:  Is there FREE transportation into Playa Del Carmen from Aventura?

We are going to do Playacrawl for our bachelor/ette parties and I am debating on paying extra for round trip transportation to/from Playa.

Thanks hun!!

Are you having a fabulous time?  How is the weather?  Food?  Amenities?  I bet everything is wonderful. 

I leave next Monday.  I hope I get some inside scoop from your or Edyta before I go.

Originally Posted by sach26 View Post

Aventura only have free transportation in the morning, you have to take a taxi if you're going at a later time. I paid $52 or 560 pesos for 14 ppl.

Everything went great!! the wedding was better than  i imagined. Edith was wonderful!! The weather is beautiful! I'm going for my TTD later. the only problem is with the spa, they are such a mess. Confirm you appts as soon as you arrive!!

They wanna charge me $65 to apply just a waterproof mascara for me.

Thanks hun!!

Are you having a fabulous time?  How is the weather?  Food?  Amenities?  I bet everything is wonderful. 

I leave next Monday.  I hope I get some inside scoop from your or Edyta before I go.