21 days wow - you must be getting SO excited!!! Since mine's almost a year away, the other girls are ahead of me in the planning stage (and have already helped me so much, so thanks ASP ladies!) but having done a site visit in March, I got to see all the ceremony/reception spots. We are doing a welcome cocktail on the Cove terrace, having our ceremony in the Cove gazebo, and our reception on Mundaca rooftop. We're thinking of  brunch the morning after the wedding and haven't decided yet on the rehearsal dinner. Honestly, it's such a great resort that no matter WHERE you choose to have everything on site, I'm sure you'll love.

PS. There's a thread on here about 'What I would & wouldn't do again' and MANY brides said they wished they hadn't upgraded their cake, that it ended up being MORE than enough so I think you're making a good call :)

Originally Posted by runcol2 View Post

Hey Girl! We have a total of 47 guests plus me and the groom. We are so super excited. We leave in 21 days! I am bring my OOT bags, an ipod docking station, cake topper, toasting flutes, cake servers. I still haven't ordered my chair sashes. Do you know if they will set those up for you at the ceremony and/or reception??? I'm just worried we will have to do it ourselves and when in the world will we find the time!!??

I also haven't decided where to have the ceremony...anyone have a suggestion for me?

We are doing the complimentary package and adding on the horse and carriage ride and the harpist. I hope it's worth the money. We are keeping the complimentary wedding cake and just having the servers cut the cake in 49 pieces instead of 35. lol I figure we are having the Italian buffet for our dinner and that comes with a bunch of different desserts so why pay to upgrade the cake right? Thoughts on that??

What private events is everyone having? We are doing a welcome dinner the night before the wedding, a breakfast the morning of and the cocktail hour and reception. I've been emailing Cristing (WC) alot lately and she hasn't been responding very quickly. Does anyone know if they have a rehearsal for the ceremony?

Lauren

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats! I can't wait to hear all about when you get back.  I also can't wait to see pictures... You must be soo excited and nervous at the same time.  Best of Luck!

Originally Posted by n4turally View Post

Well, it's almost that time ladies!! We are all packed and ready to go! We leave tomorrow morning so I wanted to check in before all the craziness starts! LOL... I cannot believe how quickly it came! I am so looking forward to getting down to beautiful Mexico and marrying the love of my life!!

Thanks for all the advice and ideas along the way! I'll try my hardest to post a review upon return asap!!!

woot.gifwoot.gifI'M OFF TO GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!woot.gif woot.gif

i think I might go with La Luna.  Who are you using? I PMed one of the other ladies here who recently had her wedding (banksnelson) and she used them.  She said she was very pleased with their work.

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

What photog are you looking into?  There are so many amazing ones down there...

La Luna does amazing work!!  If you went with them, I know you would be happy!  Our budget was so tight that I couldn't really afford them (or some of the others I really loved).  I am going with Octavio Montes -- he is extremely budget friendly!

Originally Posted by MarTeeNi007 View Post

i think I might go with La Luna.  Who are you using? I PMed one of the other ladies here who recently had her wedding (banksnelson) and she used them.  She said she was very pleased with their work.

Hey!

I'm using Melissa with La Luna. Her prices seemed the most fare. I can't wait to use their services. I def. didn't want to book with the resort because based on the portfolio nothing really impressed me. Just make sure you let your WC know if you do go with an outside vendor, because they try to tell you that it's not allowed. All you have to do though is pay for a day pass for the photographers.

Hope that helps! cheesy.gif

Hey Ladies,

So here's my issue:

1.) Cristina hasn't responded to my emails in days...my wedding is 3 weeks away and I'm starting to get a bit annoyed!

2.) I'm still missing a few things for my OOT bags and need your help/advice. Here's what I have so far:

Personalized Pocket Tissues

Personalized Chap Stick

Hand Sanitizer

BandAids

Beach Balls

Beer Koozies

Flip Flop Lollipop (lol) - they were cute!

I still need to get imodium, aloe vera, and aleve. Does anyone know of any good coupons or where I can find this stuff for cheap?? I'm desperate!

Thanks!

Lauren

Ahhh Lauren that is so frustrating :o(

I found advil packets at my dollar tree (1 box = 6 packets of 2 pills each).  I ended up putting two packets a piece in my OOT bags, so 1 box filled 3 of my bags.  I don't think that was too bad?  I think the Dollar Tree has aloe too!?

I just found this Imodium coup!!!  http://www.imodium.ca/en/coupon.asp.  You can print it right off the website, as many as you want!  I completely forgot to purchase imodium for my Oh Sh!t Kits (how could I do that..it has the problem in the NAME!?! lol!!).  They are already sealed, but I think I might purchase some anyway. 

Hope that helps!?  I was actually thinking of doing beach balls in the bags too -- I found some at the Dollar Tree (can you tell I'm obsessed with that place!?).

I am using Gonzalo Nunez for my photography. He has been an absolute doll to work with and i love his work!! He will also be doing my TTD shoot the day after. Lauren- How long will you be at the resort? I come in on the 6th. Aggggh.... I am getting married in a month!

So it didn't post my response:  Jzy10- orange is my color as well! :)  I can't wait to see your photos and see how everything turns out, because I was thinking of doing orange and white lanterns as well!

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Hey Lauren!!!!  Another June Bride!! :o)

How many people are traveling with you?  Have you picked/reserved anything besides your date with the resort?  I agree, they are WAY overpriced!  I am doing the complimentary package and just bringing orange chair sashes for the ceremony.  They will be giving me an alter flower in place of my bouquet.  I am also bringing orange and white lanterns to hang from the pandero terrace for our cocktail party.  Other than that, really the only other stuff I'm bringing are my gifts, OOT bags and bouquets.