Congrats!!  And welcome back.

I think we are all so lucky to have found this thread in advance.

We would all love to see pics and read your review.  Any issues you ran into or was it smooth sailing?

Originally Posted by juanitaeagle View Post

I just got married at the ASP on Sunday.  23 guest - if anyone has any questions feel free to email me.  juanitaeagle@yahoo.com   As I know prior to going I was at lost on many things :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Matt, thank you SO much for your help with this and calming my stress and worries.  Thomas and I are so very excited about working with La Luna and couldn't feel more confident or happy about our choice of photographers!  We are relieved that this issue has been pretty much resolved, and again are appreciative of the quick response you gave us.   :)

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock View Post

I had to do a few back flips within their organization and asked for this to be better taken care of and within minutes, I had several emails from Palace apologizing for any problems.  

I think with most LARGE organizations, its a little bit about communication and sometimes there are breakdowns.   What is a FACT on this planet is that we have reached out and made a union with these people and they are doing whatever they can to help us help our clients (or at least their emails say that) so over this spring, we shall see if they "show us the money" and keep the process going smoothly.

Smooth Smooth Smooth planning, sounds awesome eh?   We hope so!

COOLIO<

See U Nov & amiga!

So happy to read this - we are having our reception on the Cove Terrace and picked it mainly because we are having an intimate wedding (30 people) and of course, the view!!! :)

Originally Posted by J-me View Post

I'll answer on her behalf since I recently did a site visit :)

Yes! It's Cove Terrace that we see in her beautiful pics!

It IS a great spot for smaller receptions and/or welcome dinners...it's also got an AMAZING view!

I have the Solarium Mundaca reserved right now but we will probably only have 20-30 ppl so I may change it to the Cove Terrace.  Decisions decisions!!

Originally Posted by n4turally View Post

So happy to read this - we are having our reception on the Cove Terrace and picked it mainly because we are having an intimate wedding (30 people) and of course, the view!!! :)

Banksnelson- Beautiful pictures!! Where did you get the maraccas from?? I would like to do the same things on my tables...

Juanitaeagle- We are eager for your review and pictures as well! Hope you had a great time and things went smoothly:)

Also, does anyone know for the 'free' cocktail hour you get for booking so many room nights, do they provide tables and chairs for that?? I'm thinking the Pandero Tereace and just wondering if everybody just stands around or if they have those high tables or something? I would like to bring flip-flops for the girls to have at the cocktail hour, but do I need to bring my own basket to put them in or does the resort have things like that we can use? Do people decorate the little tables for the cocktail hour?? I feel sooo clueless and I haven't been assigned a wedding coordinator at the resort yet, so its just been my travel agent going back and forth w/ Yesenia in Miami...I just have soo many questions to ask and nobody to ask!!!

How do people print up programs/itineraries before getting down there...I guess you have to have all your locations picked out beforehand in order to do that. But then I have heard of some people changing their locations once they got down there and actually see them in person. Then everything that you printed is wrong...I just don't know how to go about that...

I wasn't assigned to a WC either until 2 days ago. it was just my TA dealing with Yesenia. so, i emailed Yesenia myself and she assigned me with Edith Camacho. My advised to you is to email her. YSOLER@PALACERESORTS.COM .

sggg

ss she sss

Originally Posted by amberm390 View Post

Banksnelson- Beautiful pictures!! Where did you get the maraccas from?? I would like to do the same things on my tables...

Juanitaeagle- We are eager for your review and pictures as well! Hope you had a great time and things went smoothly:)

Also, does anyone know for the 'free' cocktail hour you get for booking so many room nights, do they provide tables and chairs for that?? I'm thinking the Pandero Tereace and just wondering if everybody just stands around or if they have those high tables or something? I would like to bring flip-flops for the girls to have at the cocktail hour, but do I need to bring my own basket to put them in or does the resort have things like that we can use? Do people decorate the little tables for the cocktail hour?? I feel sooo clueless and I haven't been assigned a wedding coordinator at the resort yet, so its just been my travel agent going back and forth w/ Yesenia in Miami...I just have soo many questions to ask and nobody to ask!!!

How do people print up programs/itineraries before getting down there...I guess you have to have all your locations picked out beforehand in order to do that. But then I have heard of some people changing their locations once they got down there and actually see them in person. Then everything that you printed is wrong...I just don't know how to go about that...

When I asked my WC Cristina about this, she said that there will be tables and chairs set up for our welcome cocktail party we are doing.  I am bringing some decorations for it also.   I found small little colored lanterns for the tables that I am putting tea lights in.  Also, I am hanging paper lanterns in fuschia and orange.  I also ordered personalized coasters and I plan on doing a few signature cocktails.  We will also have apps served.  I would suggest doing your own basket if you are going to want one.

Was married at the ASP on April 17, 2011.   We had 23 guest, and were married at the Coba Gazebo on the Cove side.  The had the reception at the Steak house.   We decided most things once we were there.... I would suggestion to at least have your music picked out though.   We did have the reception inside though as in the evenings the wind really picks up.   We picked the diamond collection, with the violinist in which was great.  

A couple things... the "flowers" they say that are on the alter are NOT real flowers.  I did not have the  cocktail hour in which is the only think that I kinda wish I would have done.  They do serve unlimited champagne while taking photos but not everyone is a champagne fan (like me ) :)!  It would have been nice for the guest.

We just took the basic photos package that comes with the package but then they give you the option to buy the whole CD for 400$.  I am glad we did not decide to upgrade the photos package as with the CD we can take it anywhere and get the photos, and sizes we want.    I felt like they took a ton of photos, but did not stay to take any at the reception.

We brought our own cake topper in which really added at extra touch.  By they way our cake was carrot cake on the bottom, chocolate in the middle, and cheesecake on the top.  It was all very YUMMY!  I was pleasantly surprised.

We have the batcholorette party in Playa del Carmen and used the "pub crawl".  It was nice, they picked us up and made sure the whole group stayed together at all times.  It was $70.00 a person in which included drinks

A few snags that I did run into during the week though was I would try to make dinner reservations for the group and always seem to have trouble.   They did get everyone room in the same building in which was really nice!

All and All I am very happy with the wedding & and the whole week.  All of the guest seemed to have a wonderful time!  Photos can be seen on my facebook - Juanita Eagle Spencer

Sorry I was never very good at keeping up with this forum! Yes we had our reception at the cove terrace. It was a perfect location! We had 20 guests plus us and we fit nicely with a little extra room to dance. I think it would be ok with 30 but there probably wouldnt be as much room for dancing if you are interested in that. We had the area for 2 hours but cristina left and told us we could stay an extra 30 mins if we wanted, which was nice. We brought an Ipod and a friends Ipod dock and it sounded fine. I was really nervous that it wouldnt be loud enough with the wind and debated hiring their sound people until the last minute but I'm glad I didnt.

We did the complimentary package and didnt really add anything on except for the outside photography. I kinda wish we had hired a musician for the ceremony because the way they played the music was kinda unorganized. By the time I had finished walking down the aisle they had played part of 3 different songs and I only had 5! And the signing of the documents took so long I think they played one song 3 times.

We got the maracas in playa del carmen. A few of us took a cab there and did a little shopping and had lunch. We spent around $40 at one of the shops and got the maracas as well as some coffee and vanilla for my mom.