I also plan on bringing our own personalized runner - what length of runner do you plan or purchasing or did you purchase? :)

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

I am doing the complimentary package and am doing orange satin chair sashes (maybe with a starfish) on the outside chairs and then trading in my "free bouquet" for flowers on the alter.  That is all I'm doing for the ceremony.  Oh! and I'm making my own personalized runner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adales View Post

Hey ladies!  For those of you that have done or are doing the complimentary wedding package, what did you do/are you doing for decor during the ceremony?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am also doing the complimentary package.  I plan on decorating with turquoise chair sashes, turquoise fans on the chairs for the guests, possibly a starfish hanging on the end chairs like Jessica said or some other type of decoration to line the aisle and possibly their beige aisle runner.  Still thinking about the table in the gazebo.  It will already have our sand ceremony on it so I do know if it needs more.  With all the amazing and beautiful pictures I have seen from past brides I think less is better for the ceremony.  I just plan to have all my decorations be multi-purpose so they can be used for the ceremony and reception. 

Hey ladies!  For those of you that have done or are doing the complimentary wedding package, what did you do/are you doing for decor during the ceremony?

Are you using the same chair sashes for the ceremony and reception?  I just worry about getting them from the ceremony to the reception and having them set-up in time?

Jess- how did you make your aisle runner and how are you getting it to mexico?

The setting against the water is truly decor enough...it is SOOOOO beautiful. But I also went with chair sashes. I used the sases at both the ceremony and my reception. There was no problem with getting them from one location to another. There is an entire staff that breaks down/sets up the wedding events. The process was seamless. As Jess said earlier, we worked on the aisle runners together. I wasn't able to use mine because it was too windy. Wilma was upset that she couldn't make it work for me...but it wasn't that big of a deal in the end. And I didn't spend much on it since I bought it blank and personalized it. I carried the aisle runner in it's box on the plane with me...along with my dress. There were no issues.

Quote:

Welcome and congrats!!  You can check your date availability on their website!  The first thing to get through is reserving your date and deciding if you want a package or not.

Originally Posted by SummerDawn View Post

Alright it's time for me to chime in here - I'm almost 100% I'm going to book Aventura Cove Palace for my 2012 wedding. Its been great reading all the info on this thread. Any advice before I book or anything I should be doing???

We hung the aisle runner on the wall (not the easiest task!) and projected the image onto it.  From there we used a fabric marker to copy the image into the runner.  I haven't actually figured out if it will fit or not, but I was kind of hoping that I could put it longways into my biggest suitcase!?!

Jess- how did you make your aisle runner and how are you getting it to mexico?

Hi Ladies!

I'm a complete wedding newbie. Thanks for all the amazing information! We are getting married at the Aventura Cove Palace on July 30th this year and beyond buying my dress (YAY!) we have done absolutely nothing! Yikes! I have asked for a wedding kit and spa services menu from the resort but they have said that they won't send one out to me until 60 days prior to the wedding. Does anyone have a wedding kit that they can email me please?

We'd really like to have some idea about the wedding locations they offer, menu's flowers etc. I feel like leaving it to 2 months before the wedding will be cutting it too close.

Thanks for any help

Simone

We hired the trio for our cocktail party on Pandero and all my guests said they were entertaining. They only played for 45min and as we were taking pics at the Coba gazebo we couldnt hear them. If I had to do it again, I wouldnt spend the money. I would just bring my own music. In the end, our final bill was way too high. i went overboard with all the little details so in retrospect it wasnt worth it for us. But, again, my guests said they were good and some even took pics with them.

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Hey girls!!  I was curious if any of you paid for live music (ie. trio, mariachi) for your cocktail party and if you thought it was worth it?  I am having my cocktail party as a welcome party on Thursday night and am trying to decide whether or not we should spring the extra money for the trio.  I have toyed with the idea of just bringing an Ipod doc and saving the money, but I'm just not sure what I want to do.  We are having our cocktail party at the Pandero Terrace.  Any advice would be great!!

Thanks.  I was talking to my FI the other day about it and he doesn't really think it is worth the money (we were quoted $515).  It is only going to be 20 of us there, and it is our welcome party, so the majority of us will be filling the time with talking I feel like.  We may just try to do the Ipod thing and hope for the best.