Thanks Nicole!  My wedding is at 5pm, so that gives me a good idea of how to space things out.  The guys are all going on a deep sea fishing trip in the morning, so I won't have to worry about running into my FI at all during the day which is nice.  I am getting SO excited for my day to get here and am having a lot of fun buying little things to fill the time :o

I'm also glad to hear you say all of the things you were pleased with.  I am doing the videographer, the carriage, and the harpist!  I am having my cocktail party as my welcome party on Thursday (wedding is Saturday), and was considering getting the trio for that.  We can't use vaca $$ on that stuff right?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel like I remember seeing somewhere on this thread someone having both photographers.  If I remember correctly, I still don't think they said anything?  If they do, you can just simply say its a friend! :o)

Originally Posted by n4turally View Post

So I have a question :)

Has any past bride out there booked a Wedding Collection and hired an outside photographer??  If so, how did that work being that there are two photographers there at the same time..  Right now we are booked with a collection package and also have hired an outside photog.. wondering if we'll run into any issues...

I appreciate any feedback/advice :)

I don't think we an use it for the entertainment but I just checked www.palaceresortsweddingphotos.com and it looks like we can use it for the videographer that costs $500, so that is a good sign.  My Fi and I are going to have $3000 vacation dollars because we have to book a room for his three kids and one of our names has to be on that room because they are all under 18.  So, we need to find things to spend it on.  I am thinking champagne upgrades galore!!!  :)

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Thanks Nicole!  My wedding is at 5pm, so that gives me a good idea of how to space things out.  The guys are all going on a deep sea fishing trip in the morning, so I won't have to worry about running into my FI at all during the day which is nice.  I am getting SO excited for my day to get here and am having a lot of fun buying little things to fill the time :o

I'm also glad to hear you say all of the things you were pleased with.  I am doing the videographer, the carriage, and the harpist!  I am having my cocktail party as my welcome party on Thursday (wedding is Saturday), and was considering getting the trio for that.  We can't use vaca $$ on that stuff right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicdeb928 View Post

@Jessica- my wedding ceremony was at 3pm...I met my bridesmaids at the spa at 8:30, we all went thru the hour beforehand together and all had appts at 9:30, after my 50 min accupressure appt, i showered in the spa and walked over to the salon for my 11:00 Hair & 12:30 makeup appt...i was done at 1:30, so that gave me about an hour to hang in the room with my girls and get my dress on...if i could do it again, i would probably give myself an extra 30minutes...so i wouldnt feel as rushed....

@ Alisa- the things I thought were definitely worth it were the videographer (i paid for 4 extra hours to last thru reception-now that its all over, i love having that video to watch and relive everything), horse & carriage (the pictures and experience is priceless), harpist (everyone complemented on how beautiful it sounded & felt), cocktail hour (gave everyone time to mingle, and me time to get some pictures done with everyone), mexican trio for cocktail hour (again, everyone loved having them there), upgraded wedding cake (we had 55ppl so we needed it, but it was delicious and looked great in the pics), flowers on the 6 tables (they were all beautiful and again looked great in pics!) and lastly, the welcome dinner (we paid $600 for 50 guests and it was awesome! gave everyone time to meet and mingle, the food was amazing and it was a great way to start the wedding celebrations, we had an engagement party in NJ for $100 ppl that cost us $5000, so I felt $600 was a great price for $50)....if you look thru my pics, you'll probably see a picture of everything that I just mentioned, and it might give you a better feel to decided if you want it to be a part of your day...

Congrats!!!  It felt so good when I booked mine.  I know I will be happy with the pictures...no doubt about it.

Originally Posted by adales View Post

So I did!!  Gonzalo Nunez is officially booked for the wedding!  I feel so much more at ease knowing that I am going to have a professional and trustworthy photographer to capture our day and do our TTD the next day.

I purchased the diamond package and hired Adrian Herrera for photos. My ceremony started at 4, so Adrian came at 2 to take "Getting ready pics" and then around 3:45 or so he went down to the ceremony site to take pics of the family and wedding party. When he left, Wilma and the resort photog came to my room and he took pics of me and my father and pics of us getting on to the horse and carriage. Being that Adrian had left, this was perfect for me. During and after the ceremony, Adrian directed all of our poses and the resort photographer just followed along. They didnt get in each other way and it worked out just fine. The plus of having the resort photog is that they give you a photo album within 3-5 days after the wedding. If youre staying on the resort, you will get your pics before you leave. Hope this helps. GL :)

Originally Posted by n4turally View Post

So I have a question :)

Has any past bride out there booked a Wedding Collection and hired an outside photographer??  If so, how did that work being that there are two photographers there at the same time..  Right now we are booked with a collection package and also have hired an outside photog.. wondering if we'll run into any issues...

I appreciate any feedback/advice :)

You can use your vacation dollars on anything that has to do with the wedding packages, but not for extra entertainment. I believe you can use the $$ for the videographer, check with your WC just to verify. We tried to get them  to allow us to use our vacation dollars for extras, but they shut us down LOL They only allowed us to pay the remaining balance of our package with the $$.

Yes you can use the vacation dollars for the viseographer, I checked with the resort already.  I hied the videographer for two hours, do you think I should have them their longer?

Originally Posted by angelov321 View Post

You can use your vacation dollars on anything that has to do with the wedding packages, but not for extra entertainment. I believe you can use the $$ for the videographer, check with your WC just to verify. We tried to get them  to allow us to use our vacation dollars for extras, but they shut us down LOL They only allowed us to pay the remaining balance of our package with the $$.

Quote: