Maybe because we were in a group of 11ppl he didnt want to come down on the price or maybe its just the person you talk to. They were literally there for an hour and his price started at $450 for 3 cd's since there was 11 of us. He finally settled down back to $250 for one video cd and the pics. Either way, its still pricey and a rip off.

Originally Posted by Steph3486 View Post

FYI for swim with the dolphins pics.... We talked the guy down to $70 for ALL of pictures, 6 prints, and the DVD. Just act interested but keep talking about the price being obscene and they will start haggling FAST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelov321 View Post

It was fresh. I paid $30 and they actually gave me 3 flowers, which I didnt expect. All the flowers, except for the ceremony flowers, are real. They are all delivered to the resort the morning of the wedding.

To me, it was ok because we didnt have to pay for it. If I had paid for it I would have been disappointed. Ive always wanted to swim with dolphins and was so excited about doing it. I think the biggest disappointment was the fact that they didnt allow you to take pics of your own and then they tell you if you want photos and video, you need to pay 250. My SIL got the disc and it included video of almost everything we did with the dolphins and pictures of her and her husband. They were there for an hour trying to haggle the guy and he wouldnt budge. Maybe its possible to book the excursion and when you get there, you can upgrade the package so that you get to swim with 2 dolphins and do more tricks with them. Dont get me wrong, we all had fun and it was a cool experience, but Im glad we didnt pay $150 or so to do it.

Hope that helped a little. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Erika

Two things...

(1) is the flower in your hair the one you can buy fresh from them?  Because it's beautiful!!

(2) was the dolphin swim experience as bad as it seems?  this is one thing my FI and were really looking forward to, and now I am starting to think maybe we should just do it privately on our own? We definitely want pictures...was the only option really $250??

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have so much fun and I can't wait to hear the details when you return!  We decided to hold off on our honeymoon as well.

Originally Posted by sgray View Post

Everything is going well...anxious and ready to go. We leave on Wed morning! YAY...We haven't decided on the honeymoon location yet but it will be in 2011.

We decided to head to Sun Palace for about 4 days after the wedding.  I know we will love the look and feel of Aventura but I think we will also love Sun Palace.  I really like its modern feel...and its adults only.  Its rated #2 on tripadvisor so I really think I made a good choice. 

Originally Posted by adales View Post

Have so much fun and I can't wait to hear the details when you return!  We decided to hold off on our honeymoon as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgray View Post

Everything is going well...anxious and ready to go. We leave on Wed morning! YAY...We haven't decided on the honeymoon location yet but it will be in 2011.

hey girls..sort of non-resort question for you...

What did you ladies do for your BM gifts?  I was going to just pay for all of my girls to get mani/pedis at the spa and spend the morning there before the wedding, but I'm thinking with the resort credit it might make sense for them to use their credit for that and me to get them something else?  I was told I can't use my credit on anyone but myself, so I'd be paying cash for them.  Regardless, I already bought them starfish necklaces, but I was thinking maybe it would be better to get them a few more things for a regular gift and just let them use their resort credit for mani/pedis?  What do you think?

I am going to get them a nice monogrammed beach bag along with flip flops (for them to change into at the reception), their wedding day jewelry, maybe their shoes for the wedding (since they bought their dresses) and anything else I may find to go in their bags. I do have 6 bridesmaids so I have to watch how much I spend on them. hey girls..sort of non-resort question for you...

What did you ladies do for your BM gifts?  I was going to just pay for all of my girls to get mani/pedis at the spa and spend the morning there before the wedding, but I'm thinking with the resort credit it might make sense for them to use their credit for that and me to get them something else?  I was told I can't use my credit on anyone but myself, so I'd be paying cash for them.  Regardless, I already bought them starfish necklaces, but I was thinking maybe it would be better to get them a few more things for a regular gift and just let them use their resort credit for mani/pedis?  What do you think?

I bought my girls beach bags in hot pink, which they all used the entire week, and I put a bunch of stuff in them, some of the bigger things inside were a Coach wristlet and their jewelry for the wedding...all of my girls used their resort credit to get their hair/makeup done the day of the wedding and a manicure/pedicure...its hard to use all the resort credits so its worth it for them to use theirs instead of you paying cash for these things....

081.JPG

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

hey girls..sort of non-resort question for you...

I am also going to make bridesmaid tanks for them. I bought rhinestone iron-on transfers at Michaels for $1. I plan on getting tanks from Old Navy when theybgo on sale. Nicole- did you give your girls their bags ahead of time? I worry about all of the stuff we are taking down already.

I bought my girls matching earrings, rings and pocketbooks (all gold) for the wedding day (i like the way it looks in pics when they all match :)...and they all bought their dresses from Davids Bridal $100 and their matching shoes from DSW $30...I bought the jewlery and pocketbooks in NY for good prices, the coach wristlets I got from a Coach outlet and some other stuff I ordered from vistaprint for them, the beach bags I got from Target...I had bought a pair of white flip flops from VS for myself to change into during the reception, my girls didnt think to do that....but..the funny thing is at the gift shop at ASP and ACP they have really cute sandals for about $30, so after the cocktail hour, my girls all hit the gift shop and bought themselves sandals to dance in for the night...so cute flip flops for them to wear at the reception would probably be appreciated :)  I do have to admit that I bought a pair of the gift shop sandals also, on a different night :)

FYI...I dont know if I said this or not, but after all the months of planning...as far as the resort goes, theres only two things that you really have to do ahead of time...and that is book your appts at the salon for your hair and makeup and book the places where you want your private events...these are important b/c based on how busy the resort is, you might miss out and not get what you want if you dont book ahead of time...besides these 2 things, basically everything else you can handle once you get there...prayer1.gif