Thank you for the encouraging words. I agree that either way, the day will be beautiful! You were a stunning bride...loved your dress and hair. Makeup looks flawless! I can't wait to see the rest of the pics. No worries about the PM... This has been a busy few weeks for you and you're about to travel again...:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelov321 View Post

Dont worry about the weather. Some of my guests said they checked the weather before getting to Mexico and the forecast said rain the whole week of the wedding, including the wedding day. It rained only one time that week and it was during dinner and lasted no more than 10minutes. The days leading up to the wedding were cloudy, but it still was hot out. You can never tell with Mexico, so dont let the forecast worry you. Your day is gonna be beautiful!!!

Sorry about replying to your pm. I responded last week and just now realized it didnt go through. I guess BDW doesnt work well with my phone :(

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Erika -

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pics.  Love your dress and hair flower.  Can't wait to see more.

Thank you so much for explaining the music situation.  We are definitely going with the docking station and speakers instead of a DJ and I am happy to hear it worked well.  We plan to have a main playlist for the reception and just separate ones for the special dances.  I hope it goes well. 

Did you have the docking station during your cocktail hour as well??  If so, did they move everything from place to place without any issues?

Erika

Two things...

(1) is the flower in your hair the one you can buy fresh from them?  Because it's beautiful!!

(2) was the dolphin swim experience as bad as it seems?  this is one thing my FI and were really looking forward to, and now I am starting to think maybe we should just do it privately on our own? We definitely want pictures...was the only option really $250??

We hired the Mexican Trio for cocktail hour. If youre planning on using the Pandero Terrace for cocktail hour then I dont think the docking station will work very well. It was very windy and little space. If you plan on using another area for cocktail hour, Im sure theyll work out whatever they need to in order to accommodate you. Just tell your WC and shell work it out :)

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Erika -

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pics.  Love your dress and hair flower.  Can't wait to see more.

Thank you so much for explaining the music situation.  We are definitely going with the docking station and speakers instead of a DJ and I am happy to hear it worked well.  We plan to have a main playlist for the reception and just separate ones for the special dances.  I hope it goes well. 

Did you have the docking station during your cocktail hour as well??  If so, did they move everything from place to place without any issues?

It was fresh. I paid $30 and they actually gave me 3 flowers, which I didnt expect. All the flowers, except for the ceremony flowers, are real. They are all delivered to the resort the morning of the wedding.

To me, it was ok because we didnt have to pay for it. If I had paid for it I would have been disappointed. Ive always wanted to swim with dolphins and was so excited about doing it. I think the biggest disappointment was the fact that they didnt allow you to take pics of your own and then they tell you if you want photos and video, you need to pay 250. My SIL got the disc and it included video of almost everything we did with the dolphins and pictures of her and her husband. They were there for an hour trying to haggle the guy and he wouldnt budge. Maybe its possible to book the excursion and when you get there, you can upgrade the package so that you get to swim with 2 dolphins and do more tricks with them. Dont get me wrong, we all had fun and it was a cool experience, but Im glad we didnt pay $150 or so to do it.

Hope that helped a little. :)

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Erika

Two things...

(1) is the flower in your hair the one you can buy fresh from them?  Because it's beautiful!!

(2) was the dolphin swim experience as bad as it seems?  this is one thing my FI and were really looking forward to, and now I am starting to think maybe we should just do it privately on our own? We definitely want pictures...was the only option really $250??

That does help, thank you!  We will have to weigh our options and see...I know that there are other places that offer it, but of course then you don't get it for free.

Did you have your cocktail hour at the Pandero Terrace?  That is where we are planning to have our welcome cocktail party.  We purchased paper lanterns to hang from the terrace, I hope that works out ok with the wind.  I have seen others do it in the past.  So you suggest doing the trio over the docking station if we are at the terrace?

We did have it at Pandero. I really cant say that I would recommend one over rhe other. We completely missed cocktail hour. My guests did say they enjoyed the trio though. Im not sure if they were worth the money being that I didnt hear them play. There really isnt much room in Pandero. They put the bar outside of the terrace, so Im sure if you rent the docking station, it will be outside too.

Everything is going well...anxious and ready to go. We leave on Wed morning! YAY... We haven't decided on the honeymoon location yet but it will be in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Shalanda -

How is everything going for you?  When do you leave?  Where are you honeymooning?  Cant wait to see pics and hear your review!!

FYI for swim with the dolphins pics.... We talked the guy down to $70 for ALL of pictures, 6 prints, and the DVD. Just act interested but keep talking about the price being obscene and they will start haggling FAST.

Originally Posted by angelov321 View Post

It was fresh. I paid $30 and they actually gave me 3 flowers, which I didnt expect. All the flowers, except for the ceremony flowers, are real. They are all delivered to the resort the morning of the wedding.

To me, it was ok because we didnt have to pay for it. If I had paid for it I would have been disappointed. Ive always wanted to swim with dolphins and was so excited about doing it. I think the biggest disappointment was the fact that they didnt allow you to take pics of your own and then they tell you if you want photos and video, you need to pay 250. My SIL got the disc and it included video of almost everything we did with the dolphins and pictures of her and her husband. They were there for an hour trying to haggle the guy and he wouldnt budge. Maybe its possible to book the excursion and when you get there, you can upgrade the package so that you get to swim with 2 dolphins and do more tricks with them. Dont get me wrong, we all had fun and it was a cool experience, but Im glad we didnt pay $150 or so to do it.

Hope that helped a little. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Erika

Two things...