That's so crazy.. We are having 30-40 People. I booked the Amethyst Rose Collect AND am having my reception & Cocktail on the Mar Terrance  Crazy,

I have already planned if you have any questions, I actually starting coming up with new weddings projects because I ran out of wedding stuff to do.

The Groom could use a kick in the butt tho.

Eggplant Purple is our Colors

I have booked Del Sol For Photography

Fernado for makeup

Doing a 3 Man trio for music during dinner
Having my wedding at 4PM

Sent out invites last Saturday
Staying on the Cove side for 8 days, then moving to the Spa side for 6. --->> Double Resort Dollars this way!

Booked JSAV for audio equipment, No DJ

Originally Posted by n4turally View Post

Hey ladies!! Thank you!! Please call me Natalia! :)  

Thank you!! We are expecting 30-40 people there - not sure where the numbers will end up but we'll see!! 

I originally booked the Amethyst Rose Collection but have since change as a result of changing our colors!  We are now going with the Diamond Collection which I am realizing is what most brides do since it's the easiest to put everything together! :)

Quote:

We will be having our cocktail hour at the Maraccas Terrace with our reception (paaaaarttttttttty!!) on the Cove Terrace!! We have kiddies coming so everything will be Cove Side! :)  Soo excited to be putting things together!!! Today is 7 months away!!!  Ahhh!!! pinkie.gif

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My planning is also going great.  We sent out magnet STD's from magnetstreet.com and they turned out great.  Currently I am working on our DIY passport invites.  I feel like those are the best invites to get the most information out.  Our colors are orange and fuchsia.  My biggest decision now is whether or not to do real touch flowers or real ones.  I am just so scared of the uncertainty of picking out the bouquets when we get there.  I feel like flowers are such a pivotal part of the decor and I know what I want.  These are the RT bouquets I am looking at:

imagesCA70W565.jpg

Those real flower ones look amazing. I am doing real flowers for me because they come in our package, but bring real touch flowers for my centerpieces. They are just so expensive at the hotel. The bridesmaid ones look very nice from what I have seen but are pricey too.

One past bride said she broke her bouquet appart between three girls. Nam.

You can see she slide show on the Del Sol Wiki, Look under Aventura Cove and Spa, Natalie and Justin. Her flowers look steller! Not to mention some KILLER photos from Del Sol the photo GODS

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/wiki/del-sol-photography-slideshows-riviera-maya

I am definitley going to do real touch flowers.  I love the idea of bringing home my tropical bouquet and having it in a vase next to a picture of us on our wedding day and our sand ceremony.  I'll probably take the real bouquet I get down there and split it up....or just make it a centerpiece/decoration. 

Love the colors Alisa!!

Originally Posted by adales View Post

My planning is also going great.  We sent out magnet STD's from magnetstreet.com and they turned out great.  Currently I am working on our DIY passport invites.  I feel like those are the best invites to get the most information out.  Our colors are orange and fuchsia.  My biggest decision now is whether or not to do real touch flowers or real ones.  I am just so scared of the uncertainty of picking out the bouquets when we get there.  I feel like flowers are such a pivotal part of the decor and I know what I want.  These are the RT bouquets I am looking at:

imagesCA70W565.jpg

Originally Posted by skadow View Post

That's so crazy.. We are having 30-40 People. I booked the Amethyst Rose Collect AND am having my reception & Cocktail on the Mar Terrance  Crazy,

I have already planned if you have any questions, I actually starting coming up with new weddings projects because I ran out of wedding stuff to do.

The Groom could use a kick in the butt tho.

Eggplant Purple is our Colors

I have booked Del Sol For Photography

Fernado for makeup

Doing a 3 Man trio for music during dinner
Having my wedding at 4PM

Sent out invites last Saturday
Staying on the Cove side for 8 days, then moving to the Spa side for 6. --->> Double Resort Dollars this way!

Booked JSAV for audio equipment, No DJ

Skadow:  Seems like you are all set!!!  I'll prob get fidgety too once I have everything pretty much done!  I contacted JSAV as well for audio equipment, just nervous about not having an actual DJ (although from what I'm reading are EXTREMELY pricey in MX!!)... because if you just book the audio equipment the provide, how do they do the actual announcements?  You know?

I actually asked my TA about the double resort dollars today! I didn't think of doing that! Silly us were just thinking about staying on the Cove Side the entire time!   huh.gif 

I reached out to Fernando for pricing and have not heard back from him yet - I also reached out to Norma Zurama and heard back from her, but would like to be able to compare with Fernando's prices!  Can you share that info with me? :)

Also for the wedding ceremony, which musician did you pick?  I'm leaning towards harpist I think :)

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Welcome Natalie!!! You're getting married a little over a month before me!!  I'm June 25 :o)   My colors are the first combo you were thinking about -- teal, orange and white!

Haha that's so funny!! I'm still debating to be honest!! I think Thomas likes the orange combo better than the raspberry but I don't know!  Was thinking of purchasing dark teal linens and accenting with orange/peachy flowers.. what are your ideas? 

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Love the color combos Natalia!!

Well I got 400 days to go from today so I have plenty of time.

I have a lot of stuff figured out but I can't really do anything until it gets closer.  I did reserve my photographer (La Luna) ...so excited.  I have lots of ideas for the OOT bags, where I am going to buy my chair sashes, the style of centerpieces I want and so much more but I really need to wait until it gets closer so I have a better idea of how many people are coming.  I plan on going dress shopping starting next month.  Have a specific style I want so I hope it ends up looking good on me.  I've been working on my boarding pass STDs that will be sent out next month and already decided to do the passport invites.  So I have lots of stuff figured out but now its just a waiting game for me.  You're lucky yours is so close!! =)

I did find my shoes....fell in love with them.  These will be the first item I buy for the wedding haha!!!

shoes4.JPG

Those shoes are hotttttt girl wink.gif  Where did you find them?   I'll be starting wedding dress shopping next week!!! Totally freaking out about that! haha.. :)  Where are you ordering the chair sashes from and are you going to be making your own centerpieces? I definitely will be! :)

Originally Posted by adales View Post

imagesCA70W565.jpg

I couldn't agree with you more about the bouquets! I'm totally leaning towards Real Touch Flowers as well! I think i'd just feel a lot more secure knowing exactly what I'm going to be carrying in vs. picking a few days before!! I'm really picky about stuff like that and am nervous that I won't like what the resort offers or something (although I have seen PDFs) but still! :)

That arrangement is beautiful!  What website is that from?

Haha that's so funny!! I'm still debating to be honest!! I think Thomas likes the orange combo better than the raspberry but I don't know!  Was thinking of purchasing dark teal linens and accenting with orange/peachy flowers.. what are your ideas? 

Honestly, I've seen people do teal, orange and pink all together!  I'm having aqua/teal'ish dresses with orange, white and maybe a splash of another color for my flowers.  I think it's nice to throw a few splashes of color into the mix.  I was so safe in the beginning with my thought on colors, and just picked orange and yellow (because I originally went with the Amber Collection)..and I've branched out so much!  Here is an example of how my friend joined all of those colors..maybe it will inspire you?  I actually picked/changed my colors to what they are now and just saw her pictures and realized I made a great decision!

(I cropped her bridesmaid's face out because I stole her pic off facebook haha)

20457_541970150484_17304176_32128571_996533_n.jpg     20457_541956532774_17304176_32127522_5788014_n.jpg