do you get used to the feel of a pave set band?

We bought our wedding rings a while back, and last weekend I was going to bring it in to the jewelers to have it resized to fit my E ring better. So before I ran out to do errands I slipped the ring on my finger.

Felt funny at first, but after a while it was really starting to annoy me - how it rubs on my pinky and middle finger, and the ring feels rough. It's a double row of pave set diamonds, similiar to this:

Click the image to open in full size.

so my question is, is this something I will get used to? Or should I return this ring and get something not as "rough"?

Hmm... I can't answer that too well Tara but I'll give my best shot. I'm not a big ring wearer because I have portly little fingers. It was VERY awkward for me to wear my ring in the beginning. Now I feel weird when it's not on. I would think you will get used to it.

If it bugs you now, I bet it will bug you later. I ended up switching ring settings after the 1st week of wearing my first one. It's nearly identical, but fixed the issue that was bothering me (it showed fingerprints REALLY easily) Maybe you could switch it out for one that has diamonds half way round (then they won't rub between fingers)? Just make sure you love it! I'm sure your FI wants you to be completely comfortable when wearing it, and not have to worry about it rubbing. :)

Does your e-ring have pave diamonds on it or is it smooth? My e-ring is pave iwth a millgrain edge, and it doesn't bother me. It is pretty skinny so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I did have to get used to wearing my e-ring, but more just to get used to wearing a ring on that finger, not sure it was the setting. Now I don't like not having it on so maybe over time you will get used to it.

My e ring doesn't have any diamonds on the side. And I did have to get used to having that on my finger as well. But I don't remember it being quite as annoying as my wedding band was the other day!

The diamonds are only on the top portion of the wedding band, but I have little fingers so after I had it sized the diamonds go half way around my finger now.

Part of me wants to just wear the wedding band and see if I will get used to it, but I don't want to wear it before the actual wedding! And then the sentimental part of me, wants the ring that Joe places on my finger during our wedding to be THE wedding band... so no changing after the fact. Ha! How hard it is to be a girl some days rolleyes.gif

If it bothers you now, I think it will prob bother you later on down the line. i thought I wanted a pave diamonds on my e-ring and a matching setting. luckily dean got me a simple band setting (which I will change when we order bands). When I randomly tried on bands I found the pave bands very uncomfy and I don't think I could wear it everyday. If you like diamonds in your band maybe you can try a channel setting or sared prong setting where your fingers are a little more protected.

I agree. My sister had a ring similar and all ornate and it rubs her skin off! She refuses not to wear it. She says it shows her "status" WTF? Anyways...I knew I didn't want that so I got the channel setting and the diamonds are only on top. Maybe you could do something like that instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
Does your e-ring have pave diamonds on it or is it smooth? My e-ring is pave iwth a millgrain edge, and it doesn't bother me. It is pretty skinny so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
That's how my band is- pave with a miligrain edge. I wonder if that saves the diamonds and prongs from scratching the skin. Overall though, even if I rub my fingers over the pave, it's smooth. I wonder if it's just that style. Could you get a different ring that's pave but has different shape/prongs? I don't know crap about rings Tara so I'm probably not the most helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
That's how my band is- pave with a miligrain edge. I wonder if that saves the diamonds and prongs from scratching the skin. Overall though, even if I rub my fingers over the pave, it's smooth. I wonder if it's just that style. Could you get a different ring that's pave but has different shape/prongs? I don't know crap about rings Tara so I'm probably not the most helpful.

Your ring is smooth when you run your finger over it? Hmm... how do you get that?!

I don't know crap about rings either.

I decided to test out the wedding band alone this evening. For some reason that is OK! ha! I've been wearing it for an hour now, and I only notice it if I make it a point to go "oh is it bothering me now?" then i squish my fingers together.

Maybe I'll go to the jewelry store and ask them about your smooth pave!