Photo

What song(s) did you use for your video?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:19 PM

I am in the process of condensing my 2 hour wedding day video into 2 shorter videos (one that is 10-12 minutes and another that is 3-5 minutes). I want to play the shorter one at our AHR and the longer one will be for me and the family since quite frankly I was bored sitting through the whole two hours and I was the bride!! However, I was wondering what song or songs you used for your video. I am thinking about using our first dance song which was Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" and Michael Buble's "Everything" but I need one or two more options. Thoughts? Suggestions?

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

we're using a song called "first day of my life" by bright eyes -- check out the video below to hear it (video is weird, but its a great song) - this is also the song we are using for our first dance.

YouTube - Bright Eyes "First Day Of My Life"

#3 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
    • 1,016 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Maura. What a unique sound. I was just picturing you dancing to the song at your wedding with the breeze and ocean in the background. How cool!

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:50 PM

I didn't know how many songs our videographer needed so i gave him a bunch on a cd in order of preference.

this isn't the order (i don't have that saved) but they are
        DMB & santana- love of my life
        david grey - this year's love
        maroon 5 - she will be loved
        weezer - island in the sun
        RHCP - soul to squeeze
        DMB - crush
        incubus - stellar

we had all of these songs playing with our post ceremony mix.

Who was your videographer? Mine was mike cantarell. I don't know how long my video will be. I'm hoping it's a file I can trim down into a short thing for the AHR. I want to combine the video with pictures.

I have found when I'm trying to set pictures to the beat of a song, something with hard notes like a piano works really well.

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

I just read over your first post. I hope to do the same thing. I want one edit that is the length of a song. Then I want to make a slightly longer edit for family.

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Maura
            we're using a song called "first day of my life" by bright eyes -- check out the video below to hear it (video is weird, but its a great song) - this is also the song we are using for our first dance.

YouTube - Bright Eyes "First Day Of My Life"
            i really like that song. I like the concept for the video too.

#7 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
            • 1,016 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:18 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              I didn't know how many songs our videographer needed so i gave him a bunch on a cd in order of preference.

this isn't the order (i don't have that saved) but they are
              DMB & santana- love of my life
              david grey - this year's love
              maroon 5 - she will be loved
              weezer - island in the sun
              RHCP - soul to squeeze
              DMB - crush
              incubus - stellar

we had all of these songs playing with our post ceremony mix.

Who was your videographer? Mine was mike cantarell. I don't know how long my video will be. I'm hoping it's a file I can trim down into a short thing for the AHR. I want to combine the video with pictures.

I have found when I'm trying to set pictures to the beat of a song, something with hard notes like a piano works really well.

I am also going to incorporate pics and then have the songs fade out as we actually say our vows, etc. I have this grand concept but we will see how well it works out!! Thanks for the suggestions. I love DMB! I may use some latin songs since my husband is hispanic. I really like Nada Valgo Sin Tu Amor (Juanes) and Tu Amor Me Hace Bien (Marc Anthony). Hmmmm. So many choices but I also want everything to hit just right! What a project.

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:20 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by melglnh2o
              I may use some latin songs since my husband is hispanic. I really like Nada Valgo Sin Tu Amor (Juanes) and Tu Amor Me Hace Bien (Marc Anthony). Hmmmm. So many choices but I also want everything to hit just right! What a project.
              well you didnt tell me he was hispanic before.... LOL, what kind?

how about some miguel bose?

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by melglnh2o
                I am also going to incorporate pics and then have the songs fade out as we actually say our vows, etc. I have this grand concept but we will see how well it works out!!
                that sounds a lot like my grand concept. But, I still don't know if my video file is editable.

YouTube - Levi and Christinas Wedding

this was my inspiration but I also want to fade out the song so you can hear parts of the ceremony.

I hope my video comes in in time for this to be a weekend project

what program are you using?

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:41 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Morgan
                  that sounds a lot like my grand concept. But, I still don't know if my video file is editable.

YouTube - Levi and Christinas Wedding

this was my inspiration but I also want to fade out the song so you can hear parts of the ceremony.

I hope my video comes in in time for this to be a weekend project

what program are you using?
                  it's funny. about a year ago that video was my inspiration but I didn't know if I'd be able to do it. i just rewatched it & realized it's totally doable. it looked so difficult before, but now that I have some experience with movie maker it doesn't look hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users