Sign in to follow this  
ACDCDCAC

Starbucks to close 600 stores....

I guess i can't say I'm all that surprised...i received an e-mail about a month ago about all the stores that were closing nationwide...most of us are holding on to our money...well I hope they don't close the one close to my house..which I doubt cause there's always a line..in fact so much so they opened another 1/4 mile away and they are both packed!!! smile27.gif That's a bummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique View Post
I guess i can't say I'm all that surprised...i received an e-mail about a month ago about all the stores that were closing nationwide...most of us are holding on to our money...well I hope they don't close the one close to my house..which I doubt cause there's always a line..in fact so much so they opened another 1/4 mile away and they are both packed!!! smile27.gif That's a bummer!
do you work there??
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyK View Post
maybe if they didn't charge $100 for a macchiato lol
yah totally!

Hey Abbie,

no I don't...my friend sent an e-mail out talking about Starbucks, Ann Taylor and a whole slew of stores that were scheduled to close in the near future...I was just shocked that so many were closing their doors and some permanetly!

abbie - thanks for the tip-off, i just let the beverage reporter know about this and she hadn't heard about it yet - we've already been scooped but she's working on a story as i write this now.

oh and BTW -- i am not surprised starbucks is closing shops - their second quarter profit dropped by 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
abbie - thanks for the tip-off, i just let the beverage reporter know about this and she hadn't heard about it yet - we've already been scooped but she's working on a story as i write this now.

oh and BTW -- i am not surprised starbucks is closing shops - their second quarter profit dropped by 28%
yah i checked ap but didnt see anything. didnt even see ti on msnbc for more details, but my local was all over it!