Photo

Kahala Resort?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blkladylaw

blkladylaw
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:49 AM

Anyone stayed there and have any input? I'd like to be near Waikiki but not in Waikiki.
    Wed 9/5/08 at Lake Las Vegas Chapel Fiorenza with yacht cruise reception on the La Contessa and party the next night in VIP section at Club Poetry at Caesars Palace. Stayed at the Ritz at the Lake and checked into the Trump hotel on the strip after our reception.
    Our first baby (a...

#2 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
    • 714 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

I have only heard wonderful things about the Kahala. Very elegant and peaceful and not so near but not too far either from Waikiki.

#3 kino_iki

kino_iki
      • 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

In my opinion, it is one of the best hotels on the island. A lot of celebrities stay there because it is outside of Waikiki, but not too far. They also have a dolphin lagoon with 6 dolphins!

#4 The Rinns

The Rinns
        • 36 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:47 PM

I absolutely love the Kahala! You feel like you are the only couple there even though you are not. It doesn't feel really conjested and touristy like the hotels on Waikiki. Also, this might sound bad, but each time I have been there I haven't seen very many little children. Not that I don't love children, but it just has a more adult-like and romantic atmosphere. It is just overall a wonderful resort though!

#5 blkladylaw

blkladylaw
          • 149 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for the input. The Kahala is my favorite from what I have seen so far. I don't want to be in the middle of Waikiki madness as I already live in a hectic city and we are staying in Vegas a few days beforehand (though the wedding day will be at a very non-Vegas serene setting of Lake Las Vegas). I want serene and secluded and the fiance wants city action so it is compromise to stay close to Waikiki but a few minutes away from the heart of it. I am also looking at renting homes in Kahala, Hawaii Kai and DiamondHead areas. It is actually cheaper or equal than some of the $500+/nt rooms I'd want at the Kahala and some of the MTV cribs style homes have our own private pool, jacuzzi, lavish bathrooms with large tubs, fancy showers, etc. and have a very romantic setting. I have a couple of homes that I like right now that the owners have availability and may book part of my time at a home and then part of it at a lower end hotel.
            Wed 9/5/08 at Lake Las Vegas Chapel Fiorenza with yacht cruise reception on the La Contessa and party the next night in VIP section at Club Poetry at Caesars Palace. Stayed at the Ritz at the Lake and checked into the Trump hotel on the strip after our reception.
            Our first baby (a...

#6 The Rinns

The Rinns
            • 36 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:15 AM

If you decide to rent, be sure that it is legal to rent the place you are renting (sorry, this is a strange sounding sentence). It has been a huge controversy in Hawaii lately about people renting out their homes though. Many neighborhoods are upset that tourists are coming in & out of areas on a weekly basis. Nevertheless, if you find out that the rental you are looking into is legal, I would recommend houses around the Diamondhead area. My great aunt lives there and it is such a beautiful area. I have seen several homes on Diamond Head Road that can be rented out as well (and the ocean is your front yard!) Plus, it is very convenient (about 2 minutes) to the Waikiki area for your hubby-to-be!

Here is the forum that gives more information on the rental controversy:
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21757

#7 blkladylaw

blkladylaw
              • 149 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

Thanks, yes I have been reading about that on TripAdvisor.com.
                Our first baby (a...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users