• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
  • 530 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by franeve
    Does anyone have experience working with these photographers? My WC recommends these....
    Carlos Aboyo from helix audio visual
    Francisco Estrada from photomexico
    Tomas Barron
    and Mango Productions (she says mango is expensive though)

My vision for my pics is....something artistic, unique, professional looking, but not too posey or cheesy!! I also like lots of candids....
    Selecting a photog is probably the most important choice you're going to make on many levels. Your photog is going to spend more time with you than any other vendor, so make sure you like their personality and you feel that having him or her around for entire day will "add" to your overall experience.

When choosing a photog I would recommend that you look at several photogs work online, then narrow the list down to your top 5 or so. Then call the photogs and speak to them personally. Try to get a sense of who they are, what's their drive? Is it about them and their "art" or is it about making you happy and its really hard to do that over email. Are they trying to sell you "stuff" right from the start? or do you get the sense that they genuinely care about your vision?

#12 franeve

franeve
    • 33 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:14 AM

Thanks for all the great tips.....still doing my research!!

#13 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

They are all good. My problem was the ones I wanted were already booked. So we looked into bringing one with us. Witch we are doing. It was the same cost to fly him there and pay for 6 night and get pics for all 6 days as it was to hire one there for just the wedding.

There are many options out there. Keep looking you will find what best suits you.
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#14 franeve

franeve
        • 33 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:40 PM

Ok, so after hours of researching and based on availability, my budget and their work I've narrowed it down to two guys, MARIANO LEMUS of Distinctive Wedding Photography or GABRIEL GARCIA, gabrielgarciaphoto.com
          Gabriel Garcia is less expensive than Mariano, but I like Mariano's pics a little better... I'm just not sure it's worth the difference in price....I mean Gabriel's pics are nice too...
          HELP!! Any tips from people who've worked with these guys?

#15 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
          • 5,705 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:03 PM

Good Luck with that! The Sheraton is an amazing venue for photos!

#16 Jerome Dieu

Jerome Dieu
            • Vendor
            • 105 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

if you have any questions let us know!
              Jerome Dieu
              Wedding Photographer

Tel (from USA & Canada): 1 (925) 465 6146
              Local Phone (Los Cabos): 104 3643www.mangoweddings.netcontact@mangoweddings

#17 amitchell

amitchell
              • 24 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:42 PM

I have booked Mariano Lemus. He put together a great package for me at a reasonable price. He was really good about getting back to me quickly and he even put together a quick slide show of pictures he had taken at the resort we are getting married at. Hope that this helps.

#18 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
                • 141 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

I've seen the pics from Tomas Barron, and some other photgraphers... and even though they're all really good, it all comes down to dear ol' money, right?... I, personally, would go with Tomas Barron, He's a really cool guy and He doesn't get on the way, also, He is not as expensive as others.

Cheers

#19 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
                  • 530 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:46 AM

try not to base your decision of who will photograph one of the best days of your life on money.. You and your children will be looking at these images for the next 100 yrs.

#20 W&E

W&E
                    • 24 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:25 AM

I did a lot of research and booked Tomas Barron about a month ago. He was nothing but friendly in our correspondence and he is quick to respond to any questions. I can't wait for him to take our wedding photos. Good luck in your search.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users