The ultimate summer drink: Watermelon Cooler

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Mrs.R2be

• 264 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:48 PM

Sounds yummy, I'm definitely going to try this at our Jack and Jill... Thanks Alyssa
    ~Mrs.R ~

#22 boscobel

• VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:34 AM

Ok, I was searching for "favorite summer drinks" thread and didn't find one, but I think this is good enough! I'm going to a BBQ tomorrow and was thinking to bring something delicious and this is perfect!!

Alys - how many people do you think this serves? There will probably be 10-15 people at the BBQ, possibly more, possibly less. But obviously, not everyone will drink this. Do you think making just 1 recipe is enough? I might have to make it tonight, so I can "test" it out.

Oh and how much liquid does it make? I'm wondering how I will transport it since the BBQ is like 30 mins away...

#23 Charrey

• 35 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:49 PM

This sounds delicious! I saw something similar on Semi Homemade where they hollowed out the watermelon, balling it, and poured the drink back into the shell, using the watermelon balls as garnish. Sounds like a pain in the butt but pretty cool.

#24 jajajaja

• VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

mmmm... thanks for bumping this one. Perfect weekend to get some drinky drink on!
          Carly- did you make this for the BBQ?
          Happily married since 2008

#25 boscobel

• VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

I did and I didn't love it. It was good, but something was off. I tested it out with a few different things (club soda, selzter, none, etc) and I just couldn't get it right. It's not that it was BAD, something was just missing.

#26 jajajaja

• VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

Hmmm... I printed the ingredients and I'm giving it to bartender Steve. Let's see how he fairs. He likes to make drink concoctions and surprisingly he's pretty good at it. I worried if the watermelon juice would be strong enough to mask the vodka. It's hard for me to drink vodka since I've thrown it up so much. HA! I'm classy.
              Happily married since 2008

#27 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
              • 168 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

yummy!! my brother (a bartender) made watermelon martinis for our gym pool party and they were a hit. i was not drinking the month of June (after we got back from jamaica i swear my blood was pure rum) so did not get to try the adult version.

if it weren't sunday i would go get the vodka and make this now! it sounds so refreshing!
                "Formerly goNDmay9"
                "so long and thanks for all the fish!"

#28 Caprice35

• 188 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

That sounds good. Sounds like my weekend drink.

#29 niajs

• 214 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:41 AM

Wow - that sounds so good! Shame the weather here in the UK has decided to turn to winter!

#30 spaterson

• 123 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Can I have one now please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users