Photo

Legal ceremony on Wednesday-what to wear?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 beachbride08

beachbride08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

Well, after some back and forth on where and when we should have our legal ceremony, my FI and I have decided to do a quickie courthouse wedding this Wednesday. We went and got our marriage license, and scheduled our wedding for Wednesday since we are both off. I didn't really have much time to plan, and have nothing to wear! The only "white" dressy thing I have is my real wedding dress. Maybe I will run over to white house black market tonight and see if they have something. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Maybe this should have been posted under attire? Mods please move if needed.
    Michelle

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

if you go to macy's you could probably get a great white or ivory or cream summer dress - linen - or j.crew or banana republic

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:58 PM

No help here, we wore jeans!

#4 AmandaR

AmandaR
        • 241 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:12 PM

You don't necessarily have to wear white to your legal wedding. DH and I just dressed up a tad, but I was still in pants.

Amanda

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

sorry no clothing ideas, but wow michelle! so are you gonna do the name change ahead of time? you've got forever until november!

dont forget to make sure your tickets AND passport are in the correct legal name you will use at the time of travel. maybe save name change till later??

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:22 PM

i wore a $30 short dress white from charlotte russe. it's in my avatar pic. my favorite part was that it had pockets.

if you don't see a cute white dress you like, just get a cute sun dress. maybe something you can wear while on your honeymoon.

#7 beachbride08

beachbride08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Abbie
              sorry no clothing ideas, but wow michelle! so are you gonna do the name change ahead of time? you've got forever until november!

dont forget to make sure your tickets AND passport are in the correct legal name you will use at the time of travel. maybe save name change till later??
              Everything is booked under my current name so I don't want to start changing things until we get back from Mexico, but then Christmas will be coming so it probably won't be until next year that I start the name change process. We really weren't planning on doing the legal thing so early, but if we didn't do it now we might never get around to it!
              Michelle

#8 beachbride08

beachbride08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Asteff2001
                You don't necessarily have to wear white to your legal wedding. DH and I just dressed up a tad, but I was still in pants.
                I know I don't have to wear white, but I feel like I should make some kind of effort.
                Michelle

#9 Mandy

Mandy
                • 514 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

Here's what I wore:
                  Click the image to open in full size.

I didn't have a white dress either, so I just wore a white shirt. The skirt and black top came from White House Black Market. I did wear my wedding shoes, though!

#10 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 4,328 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:48 PM

i agree with alyssa and you should try jcrew or banana. my legal dress is from banana- it's white eyelet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users