Photo

Local Flowers in Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 luvtoteachlaw

luvtoteachlaw
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

For those of you who handled your own floral arrangements for the ceremony/reception, what flowers did you find most common and reasonable? I have a huge love of orchids, and I know that they are a local flower. How reasonable are the prices for orchids there? What other flowers were easy to locate? I am trying to figure out my color scheme, and what flowers will blend nicely with it. Thanks!!

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:09 PM

Where in Jamaica are you getting married?

I got married in Nergil and our resort contracted through Floral Fantasies. Floral Fantasy; Flowers for All Occasions from Negril, Jamaica

I know they deliver to OR but I don't know what the charge would be.

Check with your coordinator to see who they use and if they allow outside vendors first. Our resort actually got my flowers cheaper because they do so much business with them.

My total floral bill was about $250. That included 9 bags of rose petals for the aisle and for guests to throw at us, 2 aisle marker arrangements of orchids and ginger lillies, 4 single stems of dendrobium orchids for centerpieces, the aisle runner, and the cymbidium orchids for my cake.

Keep in mind with orchids, it depends greatly on the variety you wish to use. My dendrobiums were $7 per stem whereas phalenopsis are about $30 per stem.

#3 luvtoteachlaw

luvtoteachlaw
      • 134 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for the link! I already emailed and she responded by sending a price list.

We are still deciding on location - either Bluefields (outside Negril) or a villa in the Discovery Bay area. The website said they are expanding to offer service in OR also, so I think I am ok no matter which location I choose.

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

They are super sweet to work with. Even though this is a busy time they still got back to me in a day or 2 each time I had a question.

I was very happy with the quality and the pricing.

#5 luvtoteachlaw

luvtoteachlaw
          • 134 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

Their pricing is very reasonable and their orchid bouquets are gorgeous!

#6 Linzibella

Linzibella
            • 110 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

What about for Ocho Rios? Has anyone used a florist there (if I didn't want to pay for a delivery fee for Floral Fantasy to deliver from Negril)?

#7 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
              • 220 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

I have been talking with Tai Flora in Ocho Rios, they charged almost $100.00 more for the bouquet I wanted than Floral Fantasies but that was one specific bouquet. I'm not sold on either one yet, we'll see but I can't believe flowers are so expensive!

#8 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
                • 402 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

I thought Tai Flora was the florist that ROR used for the flowers...are you talking to them thru the WC?
                  Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
                  http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#9 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
                  • 220 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:18 PM

They are who the Riu goes through, I called them on my own to get pricing, I wanted to talk to someone rather than wait a week to get an email.

#10 luvtoteachlaw

luvtoteachlaw
                    • 134 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:08 AM

I went to an orchid farm during my scouting trip and took some amazing photos of orchids for inspiration back home. I hope to get some pics uploaded soon. This place quoted me a price of $5.50 US per dozen orchid blooms. That seems incredibly cheap!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users