Photo

Tent Rental Vendor?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brittbrowne

brittbrowne
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:23 AM

I'm wondering if any of you have experience with tent rentals in PV? I'm considering renting a tent for our wedding next June, since recently I have realized my wedding falls right at the beginning of rainy season. I'm planning to have around 30 guests and a dance floor and I'm hoping that a smaller tent rental won't cost a fortune. It would be ideal if that rental company also offerred some other rental options for lanterns, tablecloths, tiki torches, etc. It would be great to keep things simple by going with one vendor. Does anyone have any contacts or pricing information?

Thanks so much!
    Aaron & Brittany
    ~ Engaged November 2007 ~

#2 Costabride2009

Costabride2009
    • 33 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:13 PM

Have you had any luck finding anyone? I am also looking. All I have been able to find has been wedding coordinators offering their services to get rentals for me, but I do not need the middle man, well maybe I do if I can't find on my own.

Good luck on your search.

#3 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
      • 1,574 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

Brittany,

Hello! The tent rental in town is called Chalita. GRUPO CHALITA -. I know Chalitas does rent lounge furniture, but if I were you, I would much prefer to rent furniture through MobiTrendy and their website is here:

Tendy -Mobiliario- .

Word of warning - as with any dealings with most Mexican companies you have to babysit them. So, if you are fairly fluent in Spanish and are okay with delegating the task of babysitting your rentals (i.e. having someone make sure that they arrive on time when you need them and over-see them putting them up) then you don't need a coordinator. But, if you do not speak fluent Spanish (or have someone in your family who does) and do not want to have to worry about whether your equipment will be on time and put up correctly, I highly highly advise that you utilize a wedding coordinator. I am not being facetious - this is just a fact of working in Vallarta.

You MAY be able to rent some of the decor things that you want with these two companies, as long as you aren't too picky about what it is. Vallarta is still eons behind other major cities when it comes to that and most of the cool stuff you see on websites is equipment owned by whoever has the photo on their website - in other words, it's not rented from a rental company.

hope that helps!! -m

#4 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
        • 1,574 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

Britt - HAHA!! I just realized it's you!! Anyway, there's the contact information and my two cents about it! :):) -mishka

#5 brittbrowne

brittbrowne
          • 58 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:20 PM

I decided to hire a designer a little while back, so that I'd have someone local to coordinate the rentals and the on-site wedding design. That way I don't have to worry about issues like contacting and negotatiating with vendors (which can be a time consuming, slow process in Mexico). Also I get the benefit of her experience and existing relationships with local vendors. And finally, I will have less to deal with the day of. Let me know if you would be interested in my designer's contact information.

Best,
            Britt
            Aaron & Brittany
            ~ Engaged November 2007 ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users