Photo

Freaking - What Size Dress???

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 neen

neen
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:10 PM

so i ordered my wedding dress yesterday. i was so excited! now i'm a bit stressed out and hoping someone can put my mind at ease...

my bridal shop didn't have my mori lee dress (actually no shop in a 100 mi radius has a sample of my dress...i found it when shopping up in CT) so they had to measure me to figure out what size to order. my measurements were just a mite smaller than the size 8. the shop owner thought i looked closer to a 6 so she put me in a mori lee size 6 dress (not mine) and it was no problem to zipper up, but was a bit snug in the middle. i plan to lose a bit of weight in the next 3 months (7 mos until my wedding) so the shop owner said we should go ahead and order the dress in a size 6, so we did.

well, today i was at a shower and told the girls about my dress ordering experience and they all made me really nervous about ordering the size that wasn't a perfect yet. i would understand if i was already very fit and it'd be hard to lose more weight, but i'm not in the best shape - even at a size 6 I have plenty of extra padding everywhere!

i know myself so I don't think i'll have any problem losing a few pounds (i have me some pretty damn good willpower when its necessary) and also figure the dress can be let out an inch or two if worse comes to worse...am I wrong should i be freaking out about this

Updated: sorry, i'm a dummy and forgot to give the link to the dress since i know you'll want to see it!

Bridal Gowns Informal bridal bridesmaids Prom Flower Girl Quinceanera Stores

#2 amyrak

amyrak
    • 469 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:20 PM

Very pretty dress!! You will be fine and if the shop owner said to order that size..seems as she would know. You have plenty of time to work on fitting into it. I have confidence in you!!

#3 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:22 PM

No I think you did the right thing, I did the opposite and now wish I hadn't in case I can't get it altered!

A little bit tight is better than 2 big when you want to lose weight I think

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:22 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by neen
          so i ordered my wedding dress yesterday. i was so excited! now i'm a bit stressed out and hoping someone can put my mind at ease...

my bridal shop didn't have my mori lee dress (actually no shop in a 100 mi radius has a sample of my dress...i found it when shopping up in CT) so they had to measure me to figure out what size to order. my measurements were just a mite smaller than the size 8. the shop owner thought i looked closer to a 6 so she put me in a mori lee size 6 dress (not mine) and it was no problem to zipper up, but was a bit snug in the middle. i plan to lose a bit of weight in the next 3 months (7 mos until my wedding) so the shop owner said we should go ahead and order the dress in a size 6, so we did.

well, today i was at a shower and told the girls about my dress ordering experience and they all made me really nervous about ordering the size that wasn't a perfect yet. i would understand if i was already very fit and it'd be hard to lose more weight, but i'm not in the best shape - even at a size 6 I have plenty of extra padding everywhere!

i know myself so I don't think i'll have any problem losing a few pounds (i have me some pretty damn good willpower when its necessary) and also figure the dress can be let out an inch or two if worse comes to worse...am I wrong should i be freaking out about this

Updated: sorry, i'm a dummy and forgot to give the link to the dress since i know you'll want to see it!

Bridal Gowns Informal bridal bridesmaids Prom Flower Girl Quinceanera Stores
          Well if the owner measured you properly & if you know that you are going to lose some weight in the next few months, then why worry? When your dress comes in, and you have your appt for the fitting, you'll be able to see how it fits at that point. So to me there's reallly no reason to stress out about it now. I say relax & be happy that you have ordered your dress!

#5 beth

beth
          • 128 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

I think you did the right thing. One of my friends tried on her dress and the sample size fit her like a glove. The shop owner tried to talk her into what her measurements said she was (a few sizes larger than the sample she tried on), but she went against her reco and ordered the sample size. When it came in it fit her perfect!
            I think you will be A-OK on this one

#6 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:48 PM

The dresss is really pretty! I think if the dress shop owner said to go with the 6 then I think it should be ok.
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#7 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
              • 1,798 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:47 PM

It's beautiful and I wouldn't worry. You will have a better idea once you try it on so try to stay calm.

#8 neen

neen
                • 633 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

thanks ladies...i'm not going to stress in the meantime...i'll just get my butt to the gym :)

#9 MalibuBarbie

MalibuBarbie
                  • 45 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:24 PM

I have horror stories about unscrupulous (sp?)shops that order dresses too big because they then hit the brides up for huge alteration fees! I am sure you will be fine!
                    Barbie

#10 Kelly C

Kelly C
                    • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:32 PM

Im sure you will be fine. The dress is beautiful!
                      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users