Massage Envy gets two thumbs up!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Christi

• 1,905 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:55 PM

Awhile back, I received a postcard from Massage Envy advertising a 1 hour massage for $39.00 and I was skeptical until a coworker said that she has a friend that goes to them all of the time and loves the place. I decided to give them a try yesterday and was impressed...the place was very clean and they have great customer service...I had an 1 1/2 deep tissue massage for $57.00 (1st timers only) and the woman worked me over (which I wanted). They have a monthly program for $59.00 per month which includes 1 massage and all subsequent massages in that month are $39.00 for 1 hour, $57.00 for 1 1/2etc. I think I may join. They are a chain and have locations throughtout the US, although I'm not sure how many since they are relatively new to the spa scene.

#2 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

i bought mike a massage here last year & it was great. I've been thinking about going. The first is cheap to get you in the door hoping you will join, but they don't pressure you.

#3 Christi

• 1,905 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:28 PM

subsequent pricing wasn't too bad though...I've paid a lot more than $59.00 for a one hour...and you're right, no pressure sales, which I appreciated.

#4 beth

• 128 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

I have seen these all over Houston and have been wondering about them. Sounds like I may need to check it out!

#5 StephanieMN

• 1,798 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:29 PM

Here is a little insiders note to you all. They treat their staff VERY poorly. I am in the industry and have heard nothing but bad things about their pay and how they pressure their staff into working long hours. Giving massage is a very demanding thing for your body and having to do several ( 7+) in a row is very hard.
            Now I am not saying people are forced to work there but the reason they do is because places like Massage Envy are taking business away from smaller businesses by under-selling them than turning around and paying their staff a small amount.

My advise to you would be to find someone you like who works there and ask if they have a side business (most do) and if they are able to see clients outside Massage Envy ( I am pretty sure they don't have a non-compete). They might cut you a deal on their prices.

#6 Christi

• 1,905 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:10 PM

Good to know...thanks for the input!

#7 nicole.gia

• 318 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:22 PM

Good to know...I had no idea. I had a massage there and it was WONDERFUL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users