Sign in to follow this  
MalibuBarbie

Carnival Mexican Riveria Cruise & Cabo Wedding!

Hey We aren't doing the wedding on a cruise but we want to go on a cruise for the honeymoon after we get married in the riviera maya. Which company are you going with? I would be interested in others' experiences as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherchick View Post
Hey We aren't doing the wedding on a cruise but we want to go on a cruise for the honeymoon after we get married in the riviera maya. Which company are you going with? I would be interested in others' experiences as well...
I've been on Carnival twice and Royal Caribbean once. It really depends on the ship. The first Carnvial cruise was on an older ship with not much to do. It was your most basic and inexpensive cruise. The second Carnival cruise was on a newer ship and a lot more fun! There was way more to do on board and the food was better. Our third cruise (for our wedding) was on Royal Caribbean's biggest ship Freedom of the Seas. We had a blast! I would sail Royal again before Carnival. The food on Royal was so much better, way more activities and things to do, and the ship was gorgeous!

Hi Ladies!

We'll be getting married then cruising on Carnival Splendor to the Mexican Riviera. It wasn't our first choice (Carib) but we knew we would have to adjust our wants for our guests, since it was important for us to have our friends and family there with us. I have amassed quite a wealth of info since our engagement (2 years!).

Good Luck and happy planning to you all!

Holstang... are you getting married on the cruise ship before it departs? do you live in Long Beach? I go to school in LB! I'm doing the Carnival Splendor cruise also but getting married while in port in Puerto Vallarta.

Jaime

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted. I took a break away from wedding planning for a few months because my mom passed away. We have now realized that its time to start the planning again. We were alittle discouraged because Princess had stopped offering the cruise we wanted to go on but the good news is that they have brought it back for 2011 so we are happy that we can go where we originally wanted to and not settle for something else. The even better news is that they added another day and port to the itinerary so we will going on the 12 day cruise to the Mexican Riveria and we will be getting married at sea. While they released the itinerary, they haven't released the bookings yet so we have a few more weeks before we can actually book it but I am just so excited again! Oh, we will be going by ourselves unless my best friend and my sister decide that they can afford to come. Either way, I am ok with it....after the last 6 months being so horrible, we want (and need!) a stress-free wedding/honeymoon and with having little planning to do with the wedding ceremony part, this is the way to go for us. We are still planning to do the TTD photos in Cabo so we need to start looking into that---I don't know how hard it is going to be to find a photographer to do this while we are in port. So....how is everyone's planning going? Well...talk to you all soon!

MALIBUBARBIE