• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
  • Banned
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:47 PM

Ok ladies~
    I just had a "light-bulb moment" and wanted to get your honest opinions.
    We are getting married in January 2009 in Mexico, and WERE going to do an AHR in Colorado when we return. Obviously it's going to be friken cold, so it would have to be completely inside. The idea I just had was to do an engagement/pre-wedding AHR this summer in late August. This way we can do a nice outside BBQ at my parents house and we'll have A LOT MORE ROOM. The big BUT is: Does this seem tacky or wrong to anyone to do it before hand? If I'm gonna do this I need to get on the stick like TODAY. What do you think?? :)

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:52 PM

I think it is a little odd. I would wait until after. Maybe you could have an engagement party before?

#3 Christi

Christi
      • 1,905 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:24 PM

I agree with Kat...maybe have an engagement party or a coed bridal shower during the summer and invite everyone who won't be able to your wedding ...I think a cozy winter AHR with a blazing fire and snow outside is very romantic...

#4 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
        • Banned
        • 1,051 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

Well, the point of this is to Eliminate an AHR in January. The roads here will most likely be a snow-packed mess. We definetely don't want to do that anymore. I think we'll just stick to a party this summer with all our friends and not label it anything that way it will be cool. :) Thanks:)

#5 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:43 PM

i'd have an engagement party or just a bbq for no reason. i think a pre-nuptual ahr is odd....that being said, we were supposed to go to a pre-wedding ahr today. it was for the ppl who couldn't make it out to cali, but in actuality, the bride and groom uninvited 1/2 of the wedding guests (they said it was out of hand), so they were serving hot dogs and hamburgers to get gifts.

#6 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:45 PM

WOW nothing like being blunt about it lol.
              I think you should just have a party like you said. Just make it a wedding sendoff!!!

#7 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
              • 1,266 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

I would think so. Call it an engagement party or wedding shower but with the magnitude of an AHR... sounds fair enough.

#8 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                • Banned
                • 1,051 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:11 PM

Also, the LAST reason I am doing this is for gifts. In fact, we aren't even registered anywhere because we already have everything we need. It's very important to us to have our friends involved in someway. We chose to have a very small wedding, and only invited family and a few close friends. I think a "send of party" sounds great. Thanks for the honesty ladies it helps a lot!!!

#9 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                  • 2,183 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:12 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kat81
                    I think it is a little odd. I would wait until after. Maybe you could have an engagement party before?
                    Kat, said exactly what I was going to say... engagement party. We had ours 5 months before the wedding.

#10 Christi

Christi
                    • 1,905 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:13 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Davematthews16
                      Well, the point of this is to Eliminate an AHR in January. The roads here will most likely be a snow-packed mess. We definetely don't want to do that anymore. I think we'll just stick to a party this summer with all our friends and not label it anything that way it will be cool. :) Thanks:)
                      Can you tell I don't see snow much - LOL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users