Photo

Spa @ ROR & Nails

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
  • 584 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

Just curious to find out getting a manicure done at the spa in ROR. My last trip I did my nails before we left and they weren't in great shape by the time I left.

So my question is, do I get my nails done there for the wedding? Do I get them done the day of or the day before? I'm just trying to figure out what would be best...I would prefer the day before since I am getting married at 11am. I just hope they keep!

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:22 AM

I got a manicure & pedicure on the morning of my wedding. They were still good when I got home from our honeymoon more than a week later. They did a great job!

#3 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
      • 584 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

Thanks Lizz..I'm sure I've looked at your pics a hundred times..but would you be willing to post a pic of your hands for me?!?! TIA!

Also, with a 11am wedding..I'm not sure I'll have time for nails..so I'm thinking the day before..unless someone gives me a spa gift then I'll get them done the day before we actually leave..I know..I'm cheap lol

#4 para el amore

para el amore
        • 49 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ellipse22
          Just curious to find out getting a manicure done at the spa in ROR. My last trip I did my nails before we left and they weren't in great shape by the time I left.

So my question is, do I get my nails done there for the wedding? Do I get them done the day of or the day before? I'm just trying to figure out what would be best...I would prefer the day before since I am getting married at 11am. I just hope they keep!

I had a manicure and pedicure before I left, my feet made it through til the wedding but I had the salon repolish my nails, my french manicure didn't hold up on my real nails. And they did a good job. They open at 8am so if you make the first appointment you should have time to get it done.

#5 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
          • 802 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:13 PM

Feet:
            Click the image to open in full size.

Hands:
            Click the image to open in full size.

#6 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
            • 584 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

Nice Nails

Were they done the day of or the day before? I'll have to get mine done the day before..I was thinking I could get them done before I actually leave but worried they won't hold up.

I'll have to go with fakers too since I do have great nails but they get to that certain length I like then break!

Do they do fake nails at the spa?

#7 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
              • 802 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:48 PM

I had them done the morning of.......same time that Audrey was doing my hair. I'm not certain if they do acrylic (probably).....but to be on the safe side, I would already come to Jamaica with your tips on and maybe just have them give you a refill or just have them do a color change.

btw: the french mani on my natural nails didn't last long at all. Maybe until the next day (if that!)

#8 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
                • 215 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

I'll second that the french manicure didn't last long! It had all peeled off 2 days later. The polish on my toes, well, that lasted a month! Oh and a french manicure is like $6 extra. My MOH and I went to the spa the morning of the wedding for mani/pedis, hair and makeup. It was really fun and the girls were great!

#9 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
                  • 584 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:04 PM

I guess I'll get my tips done here and then get them to clean it up if necessary. I had my nails done before I went to Puerto Rico in February and they lasted a long time. The polish did start to come off a bit at the tip so I'll get a touch up done if necessary at ROR.

Thanks again ladies!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users