Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Today I volunteered!

For Habitat for Humanity! ok so it was pretty hard manual labor and a lot of work!...I ended up on the drywall group. I have never drywalled in my entire life! Wasn't too bad actually though... I used my muscles a lot! :) I think I will stick to the office job! Manual labor is tough and I give major credit to anyone who does it daily!

When I went to church we use to do it once a month. A big group of us would go and stay from sun up to sun down. I would be SO exhausted by the end of the day. It was so rewarding though. I really liked it.

That is awesome! You should feel very good about yourself!

My mom volunteers for Habitat for Humanity with a group of her friends. I need to do it too sometime!

That's awesome! Very tough work, but it will be very much appreciated I'm sure.

Awesome! You aren't lying, I've done it before too and you work your butt off. They have you doing things you didn't even know you could do, it's scary at first because you don't want to mess up someone's house LOL

That's so great. My sis-in-law is the CFO of the Dallas Area Habitat. It really is very rewarding to volunteer your time to give something to someone who doesn't have anything. Good for you!