Le Meridien site visit review

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyK View Post
So where is it that they get their food from if not from Aioli's?
I am not sure where they get the food from.. We had our tasting at Aioli restaurant, so I do believe the food is prepared on the hotel ground.. possibly at Aioli restaurant kitchen, but with a different chef who is in charge of group events.

Are you planning on having a tasting?

P.S. I love your photo, you guys look so cute together!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
That's a great site review and pics for any girl looking at LeMeridien.

I was watching a show on the travel channel last week "Top 10 Exclusive Resorts in Mexico" and the LeMeridien was #2 it looked gorgeous.
smile72.gif Thank you so much for your reply! It is so awesome to hear that!!! The resort is really pretty, and it felt very private, and cozy.. My friend who is from Cancun originally recommended Le Meridien, and that same girl recently got engaged, and she is booking with Le Meridien as well!! We are so excited we will be planning the wedding together! I will try to post as much information I can get out of her! Cancun local girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kits55 View Post
Riveria: Thanks for the great review on Le Meridien. I have been looking different resorts for months and can't believe i didn't find this website until just last night! I do have a question for you that doesn't have to do with the resort. I am Korean, though my fiance is not. I want to incorporate a slightly Korean theme into my wedding (i'm looking around Tulum) but I don't know how to do it. I've only been to Korea once, and only for 5 weeks. Do you have any suggestions for me, also are you using Korean favors for your guests? If so, where are you getting yours?

Thanks, Kelly
Kelly, welcome to the forum! This website is awesome isn't it?? I learned so much from all the girls (and boys) on this forum and it helped me so much in site decision making!

A fellow Korean girl! I am definitely incorporating Korean flare to the wedding along with Mexican theme. I am still in the beginning stage of the planning, so I haven't really gone far on looking for all the details!

I don't know what color theme you are having, but for me, I was thinking of multiple colors, which I thought was very ethnic (both Korean and Mexican), so from that, one of idea I had was (other than the Korean tea ceremony I am organizing...) to have Korean dolls on the wedding cake, for example...

Click the image to open in full size.

I think you can also use chopsticks as an added element to the table setting, with a nice case. see picture below, I just downloaded pictures from internet just now..

Click the image to open in full size.

When are you planning on having your wedding? I am almost there on finalizing my date for Dec.13th this year, and if yours is later than that, I am sure I can feed you more information as my planning progresses a bit more!

As far as getting these favors, for me it is not too hard to get items like these because I live in New Jersey (decent size Korean population with a good size Korean town) and work in New York (32nd to 34th street between 5th and 6th is a small korean town), which gives me pretty good korean resources. Also because I have a lot of friends in Los Angeles, (A HUGE Korean town) I have very good access that way as well. I believe you can purchase a lot of the items on-line as well; I haven't started my search yet, but if I come across really good sites, I will let you know.

I saw a blog, I believe it was part of theknot site,where a Korean couple posted their wedding at Le Meridien, which can give you an idea on how they used Korean theme into their wedding.. I can't remember the site addy and I can not seem to find it! I will keep on looking, and when I find it I will PM you or post it here for you.

anna

Quote:
Originally Posted by nde062010 View Post
Riviera ... would you be able to give me some prices (dinner/reception, wedding, flowers) when you get them? I've only been looking at all-inclusives ... I want to see how they compare
Sure, no problem. I am attaching the documents I got from Le Meridien. If you can't view them, or can't download them due to lack of points (I had this problem before), just PM me with your e-mail addy and I will forward it to you. Hope this helps!

Le Meridien Wedding Packages.doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by riviera View Post
I am not sure where they get the food from.. We had our tasting at Aioli restaurant, so I do believe the food is prepared on the hotel ground.. possibly at Aioli restaurant kitchen, but with a different chef who is in charge of group events.

Are you planning on having a tasting?

P.S. I love your photo, you guys look so cute together!!!
We were only going to have a tasting the week of the wedding.. I had heard good things about the food so I wasn't too worried. Did you decide on the package?

and thank you blush2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyK View Post
We were only going to have a tasting the week of the wedding.. I had heard good things about the food so I wasn't too worried. Did you decide on the package?

and thank you blush2.gif
hahaha, your welcome!!

Well, we are kind of doing a custom package... so to speak... As you know, they are very flexible with whatever you want, so I have been putting in a few special request, like the Korean Traditional tea ceremony, dinner from Aioli, and also I am looking at bringing our own alcohol.. What are you doing with beverage option? Are you having an open bar? Our guests are not a big drinker, so I thought it may be cheaper if I use one of those beverage delivery services, and pay the corking fee instead...... I don't know.. I am still debating on that.

For the program, it is pretty standard though.. Ceremony, Cocktail reception, Dinner reception, Korean tea ceremony, dance party afterwards..

I haven't ironed out everything yet, that is basically it for now.. Have you chosen a package? Before I met with Jesica, I was thinking of choosing the Sophia's Sapphire package. We had tasting from that menu.

Oh, one question for you! I saw your post about the pop-up sea shell luggage bag! which I TOTALLY LOVE! I am thinking of using them as STD! Could you tell me how big they are? I am going to order it on-line but want to buy paper boxes for them too as soon as possible..

Thanks!!

anna