Photo

Seating Chart / Kids at the Reception Question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KarlaV

KarlaV
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:40 PM

OK- I wasn't sure where to post this question, so here it goes....

I'm having a really formal sit-down dinner at the reception. We're going all out with a 6 course meal and wine parings for each course. 65 guests will be dining at one (very) long table. I feel bad, but I don't want kids sitting at the table eating with us. (am I totally evil?) So my questions are..

1) How do I let the guests know where to sit? I mean, it is only one table, so table numbers wont work.

and

2) What do I do about the 16 (yikes!) kids ranging from 2-12 during dinner? After dinner I imagine they will all be out on the dance floor, I just need some ideas of what to do with them during dinner.

Any suggestions ?

KarlaV
    Karla&Ronnie
    Wedding Slideshow
    Engagement Slideshow
    May 5, 2007Westin Resort and Spa Los CabosCustom Stationery and Wedding Invitations

#2 Fotini

Fotini
    • 131 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:45 PM

No you are not evil!

I would say if its one table to have place cards for everyone.

But my only concern would be that it may be tough to have kids under 3/4 to be sitting by themselves(not next to a parent that can keep them under control)

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:50 PM

I agree put the placecards at the table but I really don't see how you can have a kids table with the younger kids, a two year old will not be able to sit away from their parents. Can you hire a nanny for the dinner portion?
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 KarlaV

KarlaV
      • 171 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:54 PM

Your totally right about the kids situtation. How can I tell the parents, "Your child is not welcomed at the adults table."
        But, I'm still having a hard time accepting it. Why do they have to bring their kids!!!!!!! (that was my 'But, I'M the BRIDE' vent)
        Can you tell that I dont have kids?

KarlaV
        Karla&Ronnie
        Wedding Slideshow
        Engagement Slideshow
        May 5, 2007Westin Resort and Spa Los CabosCustom Stationery and Wedding Invitations

#5 KarlaV

KarlaV
        • 171 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:57 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
          I agree put the placecards at the table but I really don't see how you can have a kids table with the younger kids, a two year old will not be able to sit away from their parents. Can you hire a nanny for the dinner portion?
          I've thought about a nanny, and I would totally spring for this in a heartbeat. But, do you think the parents would be upset that there child is ushered away during dinner?

KarlaV
          Karla&Ronnie
          Wedding Slideshow
          Engagement Slideshow

#6 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:04 PM

no they might enjoy the break, have them head down to the beach and build sand castles or something. Well I guess they have to eat. Is there a place near by that they can have kiddie food without bothering your party.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:05 PM

besides it would only be for the dinner part...1 hour or 2 away from your children would probably be nice for everyone.

#8 Fotini

Fotini
          • 131 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:12 PM

what about Kiddie entertainment during dinner, somewhere. clown magician.

There are 21 kids in my family, and i have to say none of them sit down & eat. Obviously you would have food for them, but i dont think any would mind not sitting during "dinner"

#9 KarlaV

KarlaV
            • 171 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:23 PM

Thanks ladies for the feedback!

I'm going to set something up with the hotel's Kids Club. They will entertain the kids and feed them while their parents enjoy dinner. I also like the idea about playing on the beach!

I feel sooooo much better about everything. I was really worried that the parents would be mad or something.

KarlaV
              Karla&Ronnie
              Wedding Slideshow
              Engagement Slideshow

#10 mvee1025

mvee1025
              • 155 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

great idea!  I had two toddlers but they were not a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users