Jump to content

Photo

Morgan's Riviera Maya wedding review


  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Mandy

Mandy
  • Member
  • 514 posts

    Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:15 PM

    Thanks for the review! You're always so nice and snappy!

    And I totally agree about Lomas. Probably our worst experience of our whole trip was getting from the hotel to the airport with Lomas. And my MIL had a horrid time getting to the hotel. She did not get what she paid for at all, and everyone there was incredible rude! The guy at the hotel (right before we left) actually yelled at us! As in raised his voice and accused us of lying! All we wanted to do was ride together (there were 6 of us) since we made the transfer together and we were on the same flight. So, yeah, I agree.

    #32 rodent

    rodent

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

      Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:21 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mandy
      Thanks for the review! You're always so nice and snappy!

      And I totally agree about Lomas. Probably our worst experience of our whole trip was getting from the hotel to the airport with Lomas. And my MIL had a horrid time getting to the hotel. She did not get what she paid for at all, and everyone there was incredible rude! The guy at the hotel (right before we left) actually yelled at us! As in raised his voice and accused us of lying! All we wanted to do was ride together (there were 6 of us) since we made the transfer together and we were on the same flight. So, yeah, I agree.
      our guy did the same thing! did your guy look like danny devito? he accused my mom of lying. and they were just trying to get on the same shuttle. everyone was leaving around the same time, but they ended up split between 4 shuttles. he tried to split up my mom & aunt who were on the same flight. my aunt paid extra to take the connecting flight instead of the non stop just to avoid riding the shuttle alone.

      the meeting we had with him the first day should have been to get everyone on the same shuttle. instead he spent the whole time trying to sell us a trip to xelha. grrr....I wanted to tell him off so bad but I didn't because I figured he'd cancel our airport shuttle.

      I need to get around to filing a complaint.

      #33 Mandy

      Mandy
      • Member
      • 514 posts

        Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan
        I need to get around to filing a complaint.
        Where/how do you file? Maybe we should do the same.

        #34 rodent

        rodent

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

          Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:53 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mandy
          Where/how do you file? Maybe we should do the same.

          i haven't figured it out yet, but I was going to start at the funjet website. I'll let you know what I find out.

          they were so bad that I'd avoid booking a trip through funjet again just to avoid lomas.

          #35 rodent

          rodent

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

            Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mandy
            Where/how do you file? Maybe we should do the same.
            OK you call 1-888-558-6654 and ask for "after travel." They are there 8-6 central.

            #36 Samantha S

            Samantha S
            • Jr. Member
            • 369 posts

              Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:32 PM

              Yay Morgan! Amazing review/wedding. Your pictures are phenomenal. I took your advice and upgraded photographers. I am going to warn my guests about Lomas, YUCK!

              #37 Samantha S

              Samantha S
              • Jr. Member
              • 369 posts

                Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

                oops, double post.

                #38 rodent

                rodent

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

                  Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:49 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PDXlove
                  Yay Morgan! Amazing review/wedding. Your pictures are phenomenal. I took your advice and upgraded photographers. I am going to warn my guests about Lomas, YUCK!
                  yay! Who did you get?

                  Are you traveling funjet? I think only funjet uses lomas. my advice would be to meet with the lomas guy on your first day & insist on booking your group on the same return shuttle & get a written confirmation then.

                  Also, warn your guests not to trust them.

                  #39 MelanieS

                  MelanieS
                  • Member
                  • 820 posts

                    Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:41 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Mandy
                    Thanks for the review! You're always so nice and snappy!

                    And I totally agree about Lomas. Probably our worst experience of our whole trip was getting from the hotel to the airport with Lomas. And my MIL had a horrid time getting to the hotel. She did not get what she paid for at all, and everyone there was incredible rude! The guy at the hotel (right before we left) actually yelled at us! As in raised his voice and accused us of lying! All we wanted to do was ride together (there were 6 of us) since we made the transfer together and we were on the same flight. So, yeah, I agree.
                    And don't forget about the ill-fated deep-sea fishing trip that we booked through Lomas. That was a nightmare in itself and of course they refused to refund any money.

                    #40 rodent

                    rodent

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

                      Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:51 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MelanieS
                      And don't forget about the ill-fated deep-sea fishing trip that we booked through Lomas. That was a nightmare in itself and of course they refused to refund any money.
                      oh i didn't know you went through lomas for that. lomas tried to cancel my groups fishing trip to rebook it.

                      if it makes you feel better, captain rick's wasn't awesome. they were very good & did a great job, but there were a lot of boats fighting for the same fish. our group didn't catch anything until they convinced them to go farther out. they spent the first 2 hours trolling.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users