Morgan's Riviera Maya wedding review

Morgan’s long awaited review (you girls don’t even let me wait a day without pressure to get my review up)

Overall I loved everything so I’m not giving letter grade. I’ll just divide it in to 2 categories.

Things I loved

1.Having a destination wedding

The best decision. It was the most fun week ever. Having both of our families together for a vacation was so wonderful. I worried a lot when we first started planning about inconveniencing everyone by having the wedding in Mexico. But, once we got there I knew it was the perfect choice for us. Everyone really had a great time & started planning the next group trip while we were there.

2. Videographer Alex from Mike Cantarell's team

Cancun Wedding Videos | Mayan Riviera Wedding Videographer | Miguel Cantarell - Home

Again, I was worried about the video making Mike uncomfortable. He really is so camera shy. But, after my grandma canceled her trip I really wanted a video. Mike agreed as long as I never made him watch it.

You know when you are at a party & someone turns on a video camera & then everyone gets really awkward? This is what I was worried about. It wasn’t like that at all. Alex was great to work with & really made us comfortable. The whole post ceremony shoot was a lot of fun. I think even Mike had fun. I haven’t seen the finished product yet, but just from working with him & seeing his previous work I think I will be very happy with it.

As soon as the ceremony was over I realized how great it will be to have a video. I want to see the guests, relive the vows, and have something to share with people who couldn’t make it.

3. Catalonia Riviera Maya

The hotel was great. They did such a wonderful job with our wedding & really made it easy for us. There were so many fun things to do at the hotel. I loved kayaking. The food was great. I also enjoyed being in this area. We were about an hour from the airport, 20 min from PDC, 30 min from Tulum & 1 hour from Coba. There was a lot of fun stuff to do.

Staying at an AI was so nice. It really makes for an easy group vacation. We’d show up for a meal at the buffet & get a big table. If our guests saw us they’d join us. We hung out at the hotel bars together, made dinner reservations in groups, and just had a blast. People who hadn’t stayed at an AI before were so impressed by all that you get. It was also nice to not have to think about where to go or where to get food.

I posted details about my hotel here:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t22483

4. Sinal Tours aka Mayan Landscape

Van charter for our group trip to Coba & Gran Cenote

Here is my review on these guys. They were great. I’m really glad we did a group excursion. Everyone had a really fun time.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t21718

Click the image to open in full size.

5. Finita- hairstylist

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t24002

6. Paamul

Paamul is a town south of PDC. For $5 each we took a cab there & snorkeled. There were only a few other people on the beach. It was so beautiful.

Things I didn’t love

Lomas

I was so upset with how they treated us. I plan on filing a complaint soon. These are the guys funjet contracts to for airport transfers & excursions. Our Lomas rep in the hotel was so shady. He lied to us constantly. He was supposed to be there to help us, but he only made things more difficult in the hopes of getting money from us. He arranges the shuttles for the trips back & he made it so difficult for our guests. They all needed to leave around the same time so he should have been able to just put them on the same bus. Instead he split everyone up, lost their information, and created lots of issues.

When we arrived in Mexico it was also a mess dealing with Lomas to get to the hotel. The driver was nice, but it was just so chaotic & inefficient. I booked a trip through funjet 9 years ago & was so impressed by the people doing this job. I will probably avoid funjet from now on just to avoid these guys.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...391#post448906

Random stuff

Here are some snapshots from our week in Mexico

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t23957

I’m really happy we showed up the day before our guests. It allowed us to meet with the WC, check out the hotel & just get prepared.

We stayed a few days longer than everyone else. It was nice to have alone time. We only stayed a week, but that was plenty for us. We were both worn out when we got home.

OOT bags

The guests really appreciated them & used a lot of the stuff inside. It was fun to see the ladies wearing the hair flowers. Many people used the stadium cups. The hotel cups were tiny. I’m very happy I made them, but I also enjoyed doing it and only had 16 to make. No one expected it so they would not have cared if I didn’t do it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic