Riu Yucatan AI

This recently refurbished beachfront resort is located in the Playacar resort complex adjacent to a championship golf course and just a 10-minute walk from Playa del Carmenâ€s main streets. 507 deluxe, colourfully decorated guestrooms in a Mexican hacienda building style offer a variety of amenities including a mini-bar and liquor dispenser. Riu Yucatan offers tantalizing and varied buffets and on the spot cooking stations. Delightful theme nights will satisfy your taste for Mexican and International cuisine, along with the extensive entertainment options available all over the Riu Resort complex.

Click the image to open in full size.

• 1 year later...

PLAYA DEL CARMEN

Ceremony Information:

How can I book my ceremony?

Please visit our webpage Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu where you will be able to choose your destination wedding and book you prefered ceremony date on-line.

Please notice that we do not have control over the people who is submitting the wedding requests and this information is subject to change at anytime.

Is there a requirment to have a wedding at a RIU Hotel & Resort?

In order to have a wedding at any of our RIU Hotel & Resorts, 80% of the total amount of the wedding guests must stay at the hotel.

Do you offer free weddings or discounts depending on the number of rooms booked?

The wedding is a separate service from room reservation and for the moment we do not offer discounts or free weddings.

If I have guests who want to attend the wedding, but will not be staying at RIU Hotels & Resorts, is this possible ?

For example if the wedding is going to be at Riu Palace Mexico, the 80% of your guests need to stay there, the other 20% could stay in other Hotels and assist to your wedding paying the following fees:

If you are having the wedding at the Riu Palace Mexico, Clients staying at other Riu Hotels have to pay around 45USD extra per person for the reception dinner.

If you are having the wedding at any other Riu Hotel, Clients staying at other Riu Hotels donâ€t have to pay.

If clients are staying at other chain hotel the cost for the reception dinner is around 65USD per person for Riu Palace and 45USD per person for the other Riuâ€s properties.

Which is the wedding capacity for each RIU Hotel & Resort?

RIU Palace Mexico 200 pax

RIU Palace Riviera Maya 250 pax

RIU Tequila 80 pax

RIU Yucatan 80 pax

RIU Playacar 50 pax

Do you perform ceremonies on Sundays?

No, ceremonies are performed only from Monday through Saturday.

When are the wedding details arranged with the on-site wedding coordinator?

Once your wedding is confirmed, the on-site wedding coordinator will contact you via e-mail one or two months before the wedding´s day in order to proceed with the wedding ceremony & reception (decoration, flowers, cake, music, pictures etc.)

When the wedding coordinator will contact me?

The on-site wedding coordinator will be working with you via email/phone prior to the wedding date. Once you arrive at the RIU Hotel she will inform you at what time & date your personal interview is scheduled with her.

Are we able to make reservations for our wedding reception prior to our arrival?

Yes, it´s possible to reserve an area in one of our restarurants prior to your arrival. This would be arranged via email with our on site wedding coordinator.

Please note that restaurant reservations are subject to availability and capacity.

Is there a charge for the reception dinner ?

The Dinners offered in the Wedding Packages are non-private and they have no extra charge. We sectionate an area for the Wedding Group in one of the Speciality Restaurants.

Private Dinners are subject to availability, and have an extra charge.

Your on-site wedding coordinator will give you further detailed information.

Is there a maximum or minimum number of guests required to reserve a reception dinner?

There is not a maximun or minimum number of guests required to reserve a wedding reception dinner.

Is there a rehearsal?

All the details are discussed during the interview. Everything is very well organized so you will not need a rehearsal.

The rehearsal dinners are arranged upon arrival, as a group dinner at the main restaurant of the Hotel, it will be buffet service, directly with the Hotel Maitre.

Are there different ceremony locations ?

RIU Palace Mexico: beach, gazebo and chapel (it is very small, maximum 25 pax)

RIU Palace Riviera Maya: gazebo with ocean view, kiosk and beach.

RIU Yucatan, Tequila and Playacar: beach and garden

In case of rain, is the ceremony cancelled?

In case of weather inconveniences, we can move the wedding spot to our beautiful Chapel in Riu Palace México. More than 25 people will be at the terrace in the main restaurant in your hotel. We will let you know three hours before your wedding. We do not change the time or day of your ceremony because of the rain, everything will be like it was planned . If you have extra decorations, we will use it at your wedding dinner. Riu Hotels and Resorts are not responsible for delaying or cancellations due to adverse weather conditions.

How many ceremonies are held each day?

We schedule a maximum of three ceremonies per day and a maximum of 2 weddings per hotel. Availability for ceremonies also depend on the number of wedding guests.

How long does the ceremony last?

Aproximately 20minutes.

Are there any optional services that must be reserved prior to our arrival at the hotel?

Yes, the request of the optional services are asked while you are in contact via email with the on-site coordinator. Once you arrive at the destination you will finalize the special requests as private restaurant reservations, ballrom or nightclub reservations, DJs, special menus, wedding cake designs, flowers, etc.

How much do extras cost?

Depending on your package (Royal and Caprice) will be the number of cake pieces, bottles of sparkling wine, and chairs that you have included. If your wedding party is larger than the amount of people included in your wedding package, you have the option to purchase extras (Chairs, Cake, etc).

Live Music: P/H

Flute Player 390usd

Saxophone Player 455 usd

Harpist 360 usd

Mariachi 559 usd

Trio 430 usd

DJ 1000usd

Private Disco (3hours) *ADVANCED RESERVATION 1170usd

Flowers: P/P

Bride Bouquet 130 usd

Bridesmaid bouquet 50 usd

Corsage 22usd

Corsage big orchid 28usd

Boutonniere 12usd

Flower girl basket 26usd

Additional decoration:

Chair with cover 5usd

Rose petals extras per person 5usd

Big stand 196 usd

Small stand 104usd

Small centre pieces 50 usd

Cake Topper 25usd

Cake top and extra flowers 35usd

Arch with fresh flowers 600 usd

1 Rose with a bow 10 usd

Additional Floral Arrangements: To be requested upon arrival

Bows for chairs at the ceremony 3usd each

Bobble machine at ceremony 150 usd

Extra candles for dinner 4usd each

Butterflies 40 usd each

Food and Drinks:

Cake 6usd

Canapés Between 8 y 12 usd

Chocolate fountain for a cocktail or dinner (all fruits included) 400usd

Extra Bottles 26 usd

Others

*** PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGES***

You will finalize your payment upon arrival after our meeting.

The hotel accepts traveller cheques, visa and master card, NOT AMEX.

We recommend you to bring some cash with you; close to the Hotel is an ATM machine.

What about pictures ?

We have different photo packages, please notice that the prices are subject to change:

All the pictures are taken digitally with high resolution (6 Mega Pixel).

The size of the printed pictures is 6 x 8 inches (15 x 21 cm) in color or in B&W and includes a basic album.

The minimum quantity of pictures in a package is 24 pictures.

PACKAGES

1) 24 pictures $ 280.00 usd

2) 24 pictures with negatives on a CD $ 380.00 usd

3) 36 pictures $ 360.00 usd

4) 36 pictures with negatives on a CD $ 460.00 usd

5) 50 pictures $ 400.00 usd

6) 50 pictures with negatives on a CD $ 500.00 usd

7) CD with 70 JPG files (no prints) $ 495.00 usd

cool.gif DVD slideshow of 120 JPG files with menus and music $ 700.00 usd

DVD slideshow of JPG files with menus and music, CD with

negatives, 1 leather album and 50 (15x21â€) 25 (20x25â€) printed

pictures $ 1,300.00 usd

PHOTO EXTRAS

Price per picture over the original package $ 12.00 usd

Leather album 31 x 35 cm $ 90.00 usd

Additional photo session an hour before and after the ceremony $50.00 usd

*Extra Pictures 6 x 8 $12usd

*Extra Pictures 8 x 10 $15usd

48 hr delivery or 5-7 days shipping address (UPS or FEDex) with no charge.

Photo Packages will be delivered to the photo shop located at the RIU Yucatan

Visa and Master Card accepted

5% Off cash payment

For the largest quantity of pictures, please contact the your wedding photographer for the pictures required

VIDEO SERVICE

10) 1 hour recorded HDV (1 DVD edited video) $ 450.00 us

11) 2 hours recorded HDV (2 DVD edited video) $ 750.00 us

12) 4 hours recorded HDV (3 DVD edited video) $ 950.00 us

Sony Digital HD video camera recording with wireless microphones

Mac G5 Quad Video editing system with Final Cut HD

1080 60i

If you want to play back Hi-Definition quality images recorded with 1080i format (1080/60i) based on HDV Standard, your TV should be compatible with HD (1080/60i) input.

NTSC or PAL

NTSC System Countries or areas: Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa-Rica, Ecuador, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Mexico, Panama, Peru, Phillipines, Puerto-Rico, Taiwan, U.S.A., Venezuela, etc

48 hrs. Hotel deliverance or 5-7 days shipping address (UPS or FEDex) with not charge

VISA and Master Card accepted

5% Off in cash payment

For any special requests, please directly contact the cameraman.

When is payment for optional services made?

Full payment of the optional services and wedding package is done after your interview with the on-site coordinator.

You may pay with cash, credit card, travel check, etc. However, the optional services should be paid by cash.

When do I reserve salon services such as hair appointment, nail services, etc ?

This information will be provided by your on-site wedding coordinator who will help you to contact the salon and reserve your appointment.

Could I send my wedding dress to be steamed?

You can go to the front desk of your hotel if you require your dress to be steamed.

Wedding´s requirements

What are the differences between civil, religious and renewal of vows ceremonies?

The Legal ceremony is performed by a Judge ( JP ) in Spanish and translated into English. This ceremony is legally recognised, the new couple will receive a copy of the marriage licence and the original will be sent within 5 to 6 months to your home. (please note that the Mexican Government can take longer to send these documents) When you receive these documents you should translate them into English and go to your city Hall to legalise the marriage.

The Religious ceremony and the Renewal of vows are performed by a Non-denominational Christian Father (please note that Catholic weddings cannot be performed outside of a Church) The wedding will be performed in English. This ceremony is not legally recognised and you do not need any documentation, the Bride and Groom will receive a symbolic marriage certificate.

What documents are required for civil weddings?

Birth Certificates Large Form (Regular Photocopy).

Passports (Regular Photocopy).

Divorce Decree (Regular Photocopy) Death Certificate of previous partner (Not needed)

Tourist Card (Regular Photocopy).

Blood test (It can only be done at the resort)

Couple under 18 years parents must be witnesses.

Passports of witnesses (Regular photocopies).

How many witnesses do I need?

You need 4 witnesses. They must be at least 18 years old and they have to arrive 3 full business days prior the ceremony at the same time as the couple.

Are the civil weddings performed at RIU Hotels & Resorts legal in my country?

Civil ceremonies are legally recognized in all the countries.

We suggest that once you have received the Original Marriage Certificate you should take it to your City Hall or Registry´s Office to let your government know that your legal status.

If I am divorced. Can I have my civil ceremony at the resort?

Yes. You must be divorced at least one year and present the Divorce Decree (Regular Photocopy).

What documents are required for religious weddings?

You don´t need any documentation.

What documents are required for renewal of vows ceremonies?

The vows renewal is just a symbolic ceremony (a blessing) and where the married couple renew their vows.You don´t need any documentation.

However, you can have a reception and after the ceremony and in some destinations you will obtain a wedding certificate with no legal bearing.

What is an “apostille documentâ€, why do I need it and where can I get it?

The Apostille is a certificate that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention.

The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.

How many days in advance do we have to be at the resort before we can get married?

For Legal/Civil weddings the couple as well as the witnesses must arrive 3 full business days plus the arrival day.

For Renewal of vows or symbolic weddings the couple must arrive 2 full business days plus the arrival day.

Please notice that Sunday is not considered business day.

Do we need to send any documentation prior arrival?

You do not need to send any documentation prior arrival.

If my name is different from the passport and birth certificate will this present a problem?

If the name on the passport and birth certificate is different, the Bride should bring the birth certificate translated into Spanish with the apostille Stamp.

Will the judge perform the ceremony if all our documents are not in order ? Are there exceptions?

All documents must be in order before your ceremony date without exceptions.

Will our Marriage certificate be issued in english or spanish?

Your marriage cerificate will be issued in Spanish in Mexico.

Do I need to take a blood test and, if so, what diseases do you test for?

HIV, syphilis and blood type tests are only required for weddings in Mexico.

Can I have a doctor perform the blood test in my country and take the results to the resort?

No. Tests must be performed in Mexico by a certified doctor (for the medical certificate). Your on-site wedding coordinator will arrange the doctor appointment in your hotel room.

Will I be able to participate in the wedding ceremony if one of the tests cames back positive?

No, if HIV or syphilis should be positive, the ceremony cannot be performed.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Katrina, thanks for all this great info!

I have a few questions that maybe you will know the answers to:

1) Regarding a private reception, do you know if they would do a private set up (i.e. on the beach, garden, terrace, etc.), and if so how much they would charge for that? Or when they say private reception do they just mean that you could have the whole restuarant to yourselves? And again if so, how much extra for that?

2) Related to the private reception, can you have private dancing (DJ) in a private location? I saw they had a price for private disco and DJ services...

3) Do you know if they allow external vendors (i.e. photography, DJ?)

THANK YOU =)

unfortunately, i don't know the answers to the first two. i'll add those to my list of questions for the wc and get back to you.

as for photography, as long as the person is a guest, it's okay. although at other rius they no longer allow outside photographers so this may change. and i don't know about the dj. sorry i'm not much help. we're just going with the flow on most of this stuff... smile29.gif

Thanks Katrina!

Sorry to ask so many questions, but well I just want everything to be perfect wherever I go and know exactly what I'm getting since there are so many resorts to choose from. I'm glad that I have a lot of time to plan, but it can also be a bad thing since now I have so much time to worry about the details!

Well I emailed RIU Yucatan about some of these questions that I have, and here is the response:

Question #1:I am interested in having a private reception, either in terms of a completely reserved restaurant, or in terms of a private garden or beach set up. I'm wondering if you can provide me with information and pricing.

Response:Unfortunately at Riu Yucatan we do not offer private dinners. We only offer semi private dinners. The ceremony location is also semiprivate.

Question #2:I'm wondering about the possibility of having our own DJ following the reception? Wherever we have the reception, I would like to follow the dinner with dancing for our group. Also, will it be possible to continue to have private bar service in that location after dinner while the dancing continues?

Response:If you want to have a place for dancing you would have to rent the disco of Riu Yucatan. The restaurant can not be use as you will be sharing the space with other guests.

Question #3:I'm wondering what your policies are regarding private vendors? The only person I would for sure want to bring in would be a photographer, and also possibly a DJ. For everything else I think I would be happy for RIU to provide!

Response:You can bring your own photographer as long as he/she stay in the hotel as a guest. External Dj are not allowed. (you can verify the policies in the document I sent previously).

For me the resort looks great but I'm disappointed that there is no way to have a private reception sad.gif That is something that I really want, and would even be willing to pay extra for as a special service. The external vendor policy also bugs me, but I know a lot of resorts are doing this...

Anyways, just thought I'd share this info for any other future brides considering the Riu Yucatan! :)