wedding gift thank you question

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:27 PM

I agree with the rest of the ladies here that you should send them as soon as you recieve the gift

Mr. & Mrs. C
    February 14, 2009

#12 beth

• 128 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:16 PM

I would send them as you receive gifts....otherwise it will be too overwhelming when you return.

#13 AmandaR

• 241 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:16 PM

I say do what works best for you. You're probably insanely busy right now with preparations for the wedding and no one is going to expect a thank you before then. My mom got me a notebook at my shower where you write the gift giver's name, gift, and can check a box when a thank you has been sent. This was incredibly helpful for me. I appreciate all the gifts, but don't have time to sit down right then and there and write a thank you. Now that the shower thank you's and first round of wedding gift thank you's are complete, I plan on writing them on a weekly basis as we get gifts. It's much easier for me to write out a group of them than one here and there.

#14 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,328 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:51 PM

yes, exactly ^ i feel really busy right now! like i don't even have time to *think* about thank you cards! oh well, maybe i'll just do them now.. there's only a few as of now. maybe if it piles up i'll wait until later.

#15 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:18 PM

Katrina - for whatever it is worth, i sat down this week and wrote 35 very sincere and individual thank you cards for my shower - it took me a little over 1.5 hours. I don't want to sound like a complete bitch but we all have that time, it is all about how you choose to spend it - and IMHO people who give gifts are not stupid, by putting it off or doing it 'when you have more time' it just makes a statement that thanking someone for their gift, time and generousity is clearly not a priority

#16 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,328 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

well, i certainly don't think any of my guests are stupid, nor do i have time management issues.. but thanks anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users