Photo

Post your rehearsal dinner locations in RM here!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Maegan606

Maegan606
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:35 PM

Hey guys--thought it would be a good idea to post our rehearsal dinner locations in RM here!! Maybe this could be a sticky? I've been researching locations, but nothing is more informative for me than hearing what you guys have done! Also, it would be helpful to include how many people you had, the style of food, and level of priciness =) thanks!
    ~Maegan

#2 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
    • Banned
    • 1,051 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:39 PM

Well, we're staying at the Barcelo Maya Palace and having the wedding/reception right on the beach. We are having the rehearsal dinner at one of the beach grills. The hotel is all inclusive so there will be no extra cost. Our rehearsal will be very casual, relaxing and laid-back. Were you wanting something fancy or simple?

#3 Maegan606

Maegan606
      • 115 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Davematthews16
        Well, we're staying at the Barcelo Maya Palace and having the wedding/reception right on the beach. We are having the rehearsal dinner at one of the beach grills. The hotel is all inclusive so there will be no extra cost. Our rehearsal will be very casual, relaxing and laid-back. Were you wanting something fancy or simple?
        I was thinking more on the simple side. Not def. sure where I'm holding the wedding as of yet, but I would like to have the rehearsal dinner at a unique, simple place. Thanks!
        ~Maegan

#4 adias.angel

adias.angel
        • 719 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:33 AM

Oh! my fav so far is La cueva del chango. I am highly considering having our lunch reception there. From reviews I have found it is very affordable.

Also here is a mans review of it:
          Seven Hills: Cave of the Monkey

Del Sol has a few pics of it in a TTD shoot they did. del Sol Photography associate photographer Vincent

Hope this helps. Carla

#5 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
          • 1,016 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:38 AM

We had ours at La Habichuela La Habichuela.com in Cancun. We sat outside in the garden area and it was very lovely. The food was good (nothing super special) but I don't remember how much it cost (about $10-$20 per entree). We had about 25 people.

#6 Maegan606

Maegan606
            • 115 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:50 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by adias.angel
              Oh! my fav so far is La cueva del chango. I am highly considering having our lunch reception there. From reviews I have found it is very affordable.

Also here is a mans review of it:
              Seven Hills: Cave of the Monkey

Del Sol has a few pics of it in a TTD shoot they did. del Sol Photography associate photographer Vincent

Hope this helps. Carla
              Wow, you definitely hit the nail right on the head!! This is exactly what I had in mind, I will def. look in to in when I visit in August! Thanks so much for the great suggestion!
              ~Maegan

#7 beth

beth
              • 128 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:25 PM

I think we are going to do one of the dinner cruises out of Cancun. I wanted to do something different and that was a bit of a treat for our guests.

#8 monicaswave

monicaswave
                • 450 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by adias.angel
                  How funny! I've been working on my rehersal dinner preparations all this week. I am also leaning towards La Cueva del Chango. I called around many different places and it's the most affordable plus it has great reviews. From what I hear it's one of the restaurants people recommend to eat at at least once since the decor is so different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users