Yippee! Going to NYC!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:51 PM

*** Adding pics at the end of this thread and my 'review'!!!***
    FI got back from his camping trip today. I missed him so much this week.

Anyway, we're going to NYC tomorrow!!! We're stopping in Binghamton to stay with his old friends tomorrow night, then staying in some place near to NYC and then Sunday night we'll actually be in the Big Apple!!!

I went once before when I was 13, with my mom, and she was so paranoid (because she'd grown up there and thought it was a scary evil city) that she had me tie my hair back, take off all jewelry, and got me so scared that my trpi wasn't too enjoyable.

This time 'round it'll be so much fun!

Anyone have good recommendations for places to eat that aren't super expensive or require long-term reservations?

So far we want to go and do all the touristy things, because it's our first time.

We'll try to go back when my aunt is at home in Princeton, so we can see her next time too (she's in CA now. Boo!)

I'm going to go through major BDW withdrawal...

#2 Kat81

• VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:15 PM

Fun! I don't have any good places for you to eat just wanted to say have fun!!

#3 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:17 PM

I love NYC! you're going to have a fabulous time!

#4 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:18 PM

I have no advice other than TAKE LOTS OF PICS!!!

#5 yamille

• 1,460 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:24 PM

hey there! I can throw some ideas out for you since I am in NYC. Are you looking for something loungy, fancy, touristy..? Give me an idea and I'll try to help. You'll have fun no matter what especially since you are so excited.

#6 Jessica

• VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:01 AM

I love NYC. You'll have a blast.

There's a TON of places to eat though. Give us an idea of what you like.

#7 Yari

• VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:07 AM

I love NYC...so much to do and see.

My favorite restaurant is Patsy's...it is across the street from Serendepity's. Here is their website Welcome to Patsy's. The best penne a la vodka in the US. I swear! There pizza is amazing too. I go there everytime I head to the city.

#8 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:13 AM

when i lived in NYC my favorite restaurant was Khin Khao (pronounced kin-cow). They have merged it with another restaurant called Kelly and Ping Soho, but it's in Soho and if you love thai this is the place for you. You have to order the lemongrass stea. It's to die for.

You're going to have a blast in NYC!!!

Mr. & Mrs. C
                  February 14, 2009

#9 1elephant

• VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:08 AM

mmmm, churrascuria platiforma - a brazilian rodizio - SO good. serendipitys is good for frozen hot chocolate, but there's always a huge wait. i think i'm going to have dh's surprise party at savorNY, so pop in there, and tell me if the food is good, lol!

#10 Kat81

• VIP Member
                    • 7,615 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:42 AM

They are having some sort of Waterfall thing going on right now too. You are going to have a blast!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users