Photo

I'm getting kidnapped on Saturday

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:27 PM

So here's an email I got from my MOH this morning (background-I know my bachelorette party is this Saturday, but dont know what we're doing):

"Hi Pookie,

I just wanted to write to give you some instruction on Sat. so that you don’t feel too left out.

Barbara is going to drive you where you need to go, she said that she will contact you to make arrangements as to time and pick up place. As for clothes: Outfit one (which you should be wearing when you get picked up by Barb) something cute, comfortable, and possibly with a light sweater if you tend to get cold (i.e. I am wearing capris and a cute top) with no heals! Please wear flat sandals or shoes if you prefer. Outfit two: “clubin” clothes—you can wear heals here. Outfit Three/four: something to sleep in and a change of clothes for Sunday.

I think that is it…..If you have any questions just let me know."

Ok so Outfit 2 makes sense, we're going out, but Outfit 1 has me puzzled. My MOH knows I barely ever wear flat shoes, so her pointing out I need flat shoes tells me I REALLY need to make sure I have comfortable and steady shoes. The sweater tells me we're gonig to be outside. Since the Bachelorette party is most likely going to be in Lake Tahoe (we live only an hour away and my FI is having his party on the same night in our hometown). I'm guessing we're doing something on a boat. Anyone else venture to guess? I love surprises, but kinda like guessing at things too.

*UPDATED* See last page for pictures.
    Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#2 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
    • 5,681 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:31 PM

Sounds cool! Have fun and bring back lots of pictures!! :)

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:32 PM

This sounds like fun. Hmm i think something on a boat is definately a good guess. you can definately get chilly out on the water so the sweater would make sense and the flat shoes would work too. i think your right. i have no idea what else it could be. Have fun!
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
        • 1,881 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

i agree with you on the boat...cute + a light sweater sounds like a fun outdoors activity and you def need flat ahoes on a boat...And an overnight is def in store...I can;t wait to hear about your weekend. I love that you are being "kidnapped" have a great time!!!
          http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#5 LBP

LBP
          • 49 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

how exciting surprises are always fun! be game for anything, only one time to celebrate your bachelorette. woo hoo!!!

#6 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

oh this should be fun, i wonder what they gotup their sleeve. now- did u give them ideas of what you wanted, or u left it up to them? my bm's asked me but i said i wasnt sure, i def wanted to go out though.

#7 nicole.gia

nicole.gia
              • 318 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

I think you are right about a boat or at least somewhere outside where you might be walking a lot? How fun that your friends are doing this for you...can't wait to hear all about it!

#8 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
                • 279 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jacqueline
                  oh this should be fun, i wonder what they gotup their sleeve. now- did u give them ideas of what you wanted, or u left it up to them? my bm's asked me but i said i wasnt sure, i def wanted to go out though.
                  I haven't given her any ideas, my MOH is very independent and likes doing things her way (I am making it sound bad, but its not), so I think she wants to do something totally opposite of what I would normally expect.
                  Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#9 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,160 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:04 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MoonPalacePookie
                    I haven't given her any ideas, my MOH is very independent and likes doing things her way (I am making it sound bad, but its not), so I think she wants to do something totally opposite of what I would normally expect.
                    thats fun though, it makes it more exciting!! have fun!!! YAYYYYY

#10 Jenn

Jenn
                    • 1,557 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

Sounds like fun!! Can't wait to hear what you guys did and see pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users