Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dez921714

My FI says "he is feeling trapped"...

Recommended Posts

Ok, so I don't know where to post this, so I thought this was a good place, since I don't want to make a whole thread about it.

 

FI and I are having some major issues right now...like, he's feeling "trapped" (cold feet?) and I'm thinking of leaving (don't want to be here if he's only here cause he's "trapped").

 

Anyone go through anything similar? Everyone seems so soooo happy and in love...makes me wonder about us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
Ok, so I don't know where to post this, so I thought this was a good place, since I don't want to make a whole thread about it.

FI and I are having some major issues right now...like, he's feeling "trapped" (cold feet?) and I'm thinking of leaving (don't want to be here if he's only here cause he's "trapped").

Anyone go through anything similar? Everyone seems so soooo happy and in love...makes me wonder about us...
Brian and I went through this... except I was the one feeling trapped and with cold feet. Truth be told, I've never been big on the idea of marriage and it scared the heck out of me. Happiness definitely takes work with us... every relationship requires work and anyone who tells you otherwise is full of lies.

We actually ended up taking time away from each other and our relationship while we were engaged because it got so bad.

I'm sorry you guys are having a rough time right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
Ok, so I don't know where to post this, so I thought this was a good place, since I don't want to make a whole thread about it.

FI and I are having some major issues right now...like, he's feeling "trapped" (cold feet?) and I'm thinking of leaving (don't want to be here if he's only here cause he's "trapped").

Anyone go through anything similar? Everyone seems so soooo happy and in love...makes me wonder about us...
I think maybe this does derserve it's own thread! let me know if you want me to move these posts and create one.

now, as for the issue - is this new 'stuff' or have you had issues like this in th epast? everyone goes through issues and problems, my philosphy has always been 'it's how you handle the bad times' if your FI feels trapped now, what happens if you have a sick dog? lose your job? your home? etc? have you ever been through really hard times together in the past?

smile03.gif alyssa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian View Post
Brian and I went through this... except I was the one feeling trapped and with cold feet. Truth be told, I've never been big on the idea of marriage and it scared the heck out of me. Happiness definitely takes work with us... every relationship requires works and anyone who tells you otherwise is full of lies.

We actually ended up taking time away from each other and our relationship while we were engaged because it got so bad.

I'm sorry you guys are having a rough time right now.
At least I know I'm not the only one. It still sucks though. We're going to a friends this weekend, but then I was thinking of heading out for a bit...without him...but then that leaves him with the two dogs.

I'm also paranoid because it's more than just a wedding...people have already put down a lot of money to see us get married...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
I think maybe this does derserve it's own thread! let me know if you want me to move these posts and create one.

now, as for the issue - is this new 'stuff' or have you had issues like this in th epast? everyone goes through issues and problems, my philosphy has always been 'it's how you handle the bad times' if your FI feels trapped now, what happens if you have a sick dog? lose your job? your home? etc? have you ever been through really hard times together in the past?

smile03.gif alyssa
Ok...start a new thread LOL

He had a nervous breakdown last year...I got him through it. I lost my job in Oct...we got through it. The issues are old...and it's a lot of things about me that aren't new and will always be. I'm not a neat freak. Our house will always be "lived" in. When we have company we clean it top to bottom...between company, it can get a bit messy (it's both of us, not just me)...that is one of his biggest issues - he doesn't know if he can live like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we are 16 days away from our legal day, and both bugging out every couple of days. we fight and he says he's having doubts, but i know he doesnt really mean it. then like an hour later he is kissing & hugging me so i KNOW he didnt mean it. i think sometimes the wedding stress just gets the better of us. but i think this is fairly common & normal. i dont have many friends who are married that DIDNT go through what we're experiencing with the little tiffs all the time before the wedding.

 

on the other hand, i'm not sure feeling "trapped" and thinking about leaving your FI are common & normal. is this an ongoing issue you've had, or is it something just recent that's come up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
we are 16 days away from our legal day, and both bugging out every couple of days. we fight and he says he's having doubts, but i know he doesnt really mean it. then like an hour later he is kissing & hugging me so i KNOW he didnt mean it. i think sometimes the wedding stress just gets the better of us. but i think this is fairly common & normal. i dont have many friends who are married that DIDNT go through what we're experiencing with the little tiffs all the time before the wedding.

on the other hand, i'm not sure feeling "trapped" and thinking about leaving your FI are common & normal. is this an ongoing issue you've had, or is it something just recent that's come up?
This is maybe the second time in our almost 4 years together that I have seriously considered leaving. Not so much because I want to not be here, but because I don't want to be with someone because they feel traped and like they can't leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Dez... I am sorry you are having a rough time.

 

I will stick my neck out there and say - don't leave.

 

Really, what you need to do is talk it out, and stop talking about the wedding - go on a date, have dinner, make a picnic in your living room, do what ever your budget will allow.

 

But the rule is.. NO WEDDING TALK!

 

I think that cold feet is a function of the constant discussion of the wedding, the guests, the costs, the this and that - but if you get a chance to get back to the two of you...

 

You'll remember why you fell in love in the first place.

 

Give it a chance.

 

smile03.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He tells me that the only thing I talk about is this wedding and that I'm obsessed with it. Which is COMPLETELY untrue! So now, we have that fight Tuesday and yesterday he gives me the card of someone to make tee shirts for the wedding and he's asking me if I've priced things and if the prices are good.

 

Now, the LAST thing I want to talk about with him is ANYTHING related to the wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why does he feel trapped? it has to be something other than the cleanliness issue he has.

 

my FI is a neat freak, but he accepts that i am not. yes, we get into arguments sometimes when i dont pick up after myself or clean something half-assed, but he would never say he felt trapped or couldnt live with me for the rest of his life because of that, KWIM?

 

so what are his other issues that are causing him to feel trapped? and are they the same as last time you considered leaving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • We are Clandestine Events, Wedding Planner & Events Agency located in Barcelona, Spain, one of the most beautyful, modern and cool cities in the world. We can help you to organize your destination wedding in Barcelona, doesn't matter where you come, and whats the style of your wedding. The team of Clandestine Events can design and plan each point of the wedding with the best providers. If you want more infromation contact with us ==> Wedding Destination Barcelona. Cheers!
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
  • Topics

×