Very upset about Azul Beach (LONG VENT)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the bs we dw brides have to deal with. How do resorts just change policies and spring it on you like it was never the case. Definately show them the emails with the gazebo decorated and how it states it in the package. They just can't change that on you like that. As for the spa credit, do you have a copy of the promo? that spa credit of $900 sounded too good to be true, maybe it did have just those weekdays listed in small print. I hate when they hide things in small print.

Goodluck dealing with them. let us know how you make out.

We've all been there at one point or another. I would definitely send them emails you've previously gotten showing what was promised, and stand your ground. I think I would even make a stink about the spa promotion... did it ever say that it was for limited dates? They may have changed the promotion since you booked, but why on earth would they ask you which package you wanted if it didn't apply to your date? That's ridiculous!

Quote:
We've all been there at one point or another. I would definitely send them emails you've previously gotten showing what was promised, and stand your ground. I think I would even make a stink about the spa promotion... did it ever say that it was for limited dates? They may have changed the promotion since you booked, but why on earth would they ask you which package you wanted if it didn't apply to your date? That's ridiculous!

Exactly! thats the same thing I said. IF that was the case that the promotion was only for wedding perform on certain dates, then they should have told me 8 months ago.

That's a horrible situation. One of my biggest concerns with having a destination wedding was running into those situations because you cannot be certain of exactly what you get when it is miles and miles away.

Chin up! Everything happens for a reason and your wedding is bound to be beautiful!

I would forward the emails that Fabio sent you stating the decorations were included, and if you have any information on the spa credit. If they won't give you a break, then I would send the quotes from the outside vendors to see if they will match or beat their prices or else you will be using them instead. I would also restate your frustration with the manager as maybe they need to step in again with this Fabio.

It sounds like you have had decent luck with the hotel manager. I would send an email/letter to the hotel manager basically stating what you did here. That you are very frustrated and are considering changing resorts- you just want what they told you, you were getting!

Don't get too discouraged- if you have the "evidence" or "backup" (ie contract)- then I don't think there is much they can do.

Let us know what happens! Good luck!!

No updates yet! My TA told me she'd handle it. I gave her a week and she still didn't give me any updates. I'm emailing the manager on Monday. I really thought she would be able to handle it because she deals with them all the time, but I'm getting frustrated with the whole situation. I tried to take a break not thinking about it, but I'd like to solve this sooner than later. Thanks for your kind words

• 2 months later...

Poor you - I feel your frustration as Fabio is also our WC. I am still waiting for a response to an email I sent him 2 weeks ago. From what I hear, he is not the WC that actually works at the resort. I have read other threads that say Fabio is difficult, but the onsite WC's are better. I am trying to change my wedding package from Gold to Silver (not impressed with caribe photo so far), but am not holding my breathe.