Sign in to follow this  
JaimeLynne

Turner Fallas, Oklahoma or other Getaway ideas near Dallas

I went to school in OK, so I've been to turner falls a few times. It is really fun and scenic. They have swimming areas with diving boards and the falls are so fun to swim around.

I've never actually stayed in the cabins, but I'm sure as long as your not expecting anything "luxury" you would have a really fun relaxing time.

If you're thinking about staying in town one of my favorite places to go is the Gaylord Texan. It's so much fun because they have everything you don't have to leave the hotel. A wonderful spa, breakfast and lunch buffets, a nice club, pools, sports bar, mexican restaurant, amazing steakhouse, even a wine bar! It can get a little pricey but it is defiantly one of my favorite "close" getaways.

My parents were down from Pittsburgh for a visit back in May and stayed up on Lake Texoma. Very pretty area. They stayed at the Tanglewood Resort: Welcome to Tanglewood Resort on Lake Texoma - Lake Texoma's premier resort.

Not exactly in the lap of luxury, but was nice for a weekend on the lake and about an hour north of Dallas (up 75).

Lots of other options in the area, too: Lake Texoma*-*Lodging

Kind of like the look of Escondida. Very serene.

I've never been to Turner Falls. Have you ever check into Possum Kingdom. It is beautiful there and they have cabins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
I've never been to Turner Falls. Have you ever check into Possum Kingdom. It is beautiful there and they have cabins.
I've heard of Possum Kingdom. Any idea how far away it is? And any cabin recommendations?? There are so many cabin locals on the net but it's hard to tell what they're really like from the small pics on the net... A lot of these places look like a great place to go with friends but I just really want a nice, relaxing, romantic getaway for the two of us... hmmmmmmmm......

I am not sure of the cabins I have never stayed in them. It is really beautiful though.. If you want high class relaxation I would go to San Antonio. Or to the beach down south. My FI and have such a great time when we go to SA it's so romantic at night on the riverwalk. There is a place called Boudros right on the river that has AMAZING food. They have carriage rides around the city at night. Not sure if you have been before.