Photo

Family not approving

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 ktk

ktk
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

What a great thread! So I'd love to hear your thoughts ladies... I have my heart set on getting married at the Azul Sensatori. My FH and I have no financial help from our parents and just bought a new house and he's a student and yada yada, don't have much money. I'm willing to save 5k for a weding/honeymoon, but not to spend on a reception in Toronto with people I don't care to have there. The dilemma is whether to just elope, and perhaps have an AHR 6mo-1 year later when we can afford it. OR, we invite everyone to the resort but I already know my Mom, and maybe even my Dad may not be able to make it financially so we feel like we'd end up with a few random friends and a sibling there perhaps...

#52 NotYourAverageDW

NotYourAverageDW
    • 361 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

KtK, I actually don't think that there is anything wrong with hosting your AHR later; even 6months later. I'm not sure about a year though- maybe someone else has some more information and ideas regarding that.

#53 jmill130

jmill130
      • 601 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

We heard the same things! But when everyone got there they had a blast. Those that came were the ones that were meant to be... those who didn't come to understand and get over it.

Lean on each other... Jason and I got really close because of all the drama. We learned that we have to make us happy! I know our marriage is stronger for it and I know yours will be too! Good luck to you!

#54 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:26 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ktk
          What a great thread! So I'd love to hear your thoughts ladies... I have my heart set on getting married at the Azul Sensatori. My FH and I have no financial help from our parents and just bought a new house and he's a student and yada yada, don't have much money. I'm willing to save 5k for a weding/honeymoon, but not to spend on a reception in Toronto with people I don't care to have there. The dilemma is whether to just elope, and perhaps have an AHR 6mo-1 year later when we can afford it. OR, we invite everyone to the resort but I already know my Mom, and maybe even my Dad may not be able to make it financially so we feel like we'd end up with a few random friends and a sibling there perhaps...
          I'd run away and have no AHR if I had a choice lol Got my way on most stuff but couldn't swing banning FMIL from the wedding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users