Advice on Villas!

Hi guys! I'm just starting to plan my wedding in Playa del carmen--we are thinking of renting a few villas for the week of the wedding for ourselves and our guests to stay in-we shoudl be having around 35-40 guests. There are a few requirements:

1) Must be on the beach or within walking distance

2) must have a pool

3) All villas must be next to each other, together, or within walking distance to each other

4) In playa del carmen or fairly closeby

5). Fairly reasonable!! =)

Also, we are open to small, all inclusive resorts, but I'm a little skeptical about the resorts because I want to keep the expenses for my guests to a minimum. Any advice you guys may have is greatly appreciated!! Thanks =)bunny_4.gifbunny_4.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting married in Akumal in June 2009. If you don't know where Akumal is, it's about 20 minutes away from PDC. We are staying at Las Villas Akumal (Akumal Villas | Mayan Riviera Vacation Rentals Mexico | Las Villas Akumal) and though I've never been there, it looks really nice, and the staff has been very helpful in answering all of my questions and trying to accomodate what we wish to do.

One problem I had with finding a villa is that every location required us to rent out the whole place, which got expensive. Also, not all of our guests will be staying the same amount of time, so while some people leave, others will incur more cost because the cost of the villas will be split among fewer people. What I like about Las Villas Akumal is that people can make their own reservations for as long as they want, and we do not have to rent the whole complex. There are 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms villas, all with full kitchen, living room, dinette, etc. I believe a continental breakfast is included in our stay, but all other meals must either be bought at their onsite restaurant, or cooked ourselves...we can also hire one of their cooks to cook us a meal in our villa, if we prefer.

While the villas are open to the public during our stay, I think it is a very small complex so there won't be crowds of people interfering with our time. It is right on the beach, some villas have hammock chairs right on their terraces, and if some of your guests just really want to do the all-inclusive thing, Akumal Beach Resort is right down the beach within walking distance or a short cab ride. That's where some of our guests will be staying.

Hope this helps!

It's a website that charts all types of accomodations in the Cancun/Riviera Maya, including villas, condos, hotels, bungalows, casitas, etc. Also has descriptions on what the villas include, photos, how many people it can accomodate, price list, pools, if it's on the beach, how far it's from the beach, etc. And you can make reservations right on the site! Hope this helps!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So I just wrote a big long message about sol y luna and my internet just shut down, so I am going to write a short one this time! We just came back from MR 2 weeks ago. We were 46 people in total. We stayed at the Paradisus, and then we rented Sol Y Luna for the day/night of the wedding. I can't say enough good things about the villa. It was absolutely perfect, and stress free. We bought all the food/alcohol from costco the night before and dropped it off to cut down the costs. The villa organized for a chef and 2 staff ($300 total for the staff) who took care of everything. The villa was beautiful, the food was great, the staff required very little direction, the beach was great, pool was great and a fair size, just perfection. Just message me if you have any questions! I have tons of pics but I can't seem to attach them!

• 2 weeks later...

You could look at any of the villas in Soliman Bay on Loco Gringo. My favorites Casa Corazon and Nah Uxibal. Here is Nah Uxibal's website.

Nah Uxibal in Solimon Bay along the Mayan Riviera

It's main house is two stories, the bottom story is an open air living room. The upper story has two bedrooms, pool table and telescope.

Drop me a line if you want to chat. I can walk you through the area from Maroma to Punta Allen.

• 3 months later...

This may be a bit late, but there is a great group of condo hotels in Playa called Playa Associates - all their units are relatively new, they have great locations right in the heart of Playa, either across from the beach or a minute walk. We have spent a few family vacations at El Taj and know that they cater to weddings and family gatherings!