May 29th
    barcelo maya tropical beach
    3pm!!!

*happy dance*

#42 MelissaH

MelissaH
    • 1,724 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:24 AM

congrats :) 3pm is the perfect time i think - the beach has cleared a bit, the sun isn't as hot and by the time the ceremony and pictures are done it's just about dinner time :)

#43 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
      • 985 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:10 PM

You picked a fabulous place for your wedding. I was there January 2006. If you need to see more pictures of the place, including some set ups for weddings you can check out my pictures here: Potential wedding sites pictures from entertainment photos on webshots

I took them in case my daughter was interested in getting married there.

#44 Leticia

Leticia
        • 259 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:16 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Helen_S81
          You picked a fabulous place for your wedding. I was there January 2006. If you need to see more pictures of the place, including some set ups for weddings you can check out my pictures here: Potential wedding sites pictures from entertainment photos on webshots

I took them in case my daughter was interested in getting married there.
          those are great! thanks for sharing. now i have something to daydream about too!

#45 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
          • 420 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:47 AM

That's fabulous Leticia! I'm so glad that you booked. :)

And thank you for those photos, I've only got 2 and a half months to go, and the photos are awesome, and get me even more excited!
            Margaret & Eric

#46 nylalany

nylalany
            • 625 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:48 AM

When you book groups at the Barcelo resorts, do they offer a group rate? I'm considering the Barcelo Maya Palace that is opening up b/c it is about a 5 minute drive from where I want to get married, and the beach at Barcelo is definitely the best, but I wanted everyone to stay at the Palace b/c the complex is so big - thus I'm hoping for group rates.

#47 christenew

christenew
              • 325 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:44 AM

I have been to Barcelo and my friend just got back. Very beautiful resort with very friendly staff. Congrats!

#48 MelissaH

MelissaH
                • 1,724 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:26 AM

nylalany - your TA should be able to get you a group rate! :) we got some quotes for group rates, but didn't like that everyone had to travel together (our TA wasn't able to book people for separate flights and dates) so we just let everyone do their own thing and it ended up working out really well

#49 nylalany

nylalany
                  • 625 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

MelissaH - Do you have a small group of guests going? I have people coming from different cities and for different amounts of times too, but I think I have a bunch from each, so maybe the TA can still get group room rates. I'm surprised your TA couldn't just get group room rates w/o the flights? Did she still help organize the travel at all? Would you recommend her? I don't have a TA and I need one!

#50 MelissaH

MelissaH
                    • 1,724 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:30 PM

We had 42 people coming from all over the place but it was too expensive to book the flights separate from the hotel so that's why we didn't go that route.

I wouldn't recommend my TA - we only used her because she's a friend of the family but she's insanely slow and drove me nuts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users