#251 amynjoe

amynjoe
  • 178 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 25, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace, Riviera Maya

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv0136
Does anyone know how many business days in advance we need to be there if our ceremony is not legal? Thanks!
My travel agent/WC told me 3 days for non legal which does not include your travel day or Saturdays and Sundays, 4 days for a legal wedding with the same restrictions. We had to move our date back a day to accomodate these requirements.

Hope this helps

Amy

#252 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

Hey guys... I have a question. If you are staying at the Beach/Caribe I know you cannot go to the Tropical/Colonial restaurants (buffet and   la cartes), but when you are swimming in their pools are you able to order drinks at their bars and have lunch and snacks at their outdoor grills? I can't seem to find any information regarding that. It would really suck if you can use their pools and stuff, but not be able to order a drink or have a snack.....

#253 tata2

tata2
    • 76 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:22 AM

Hello, As I am told people at the Beach/Caribe can use the Tropical/Colonial for everything, restaurants, swimming pools and bars and visa versa. It is the Palace were you will have problems. Only Palace people can use Palace resturants, swimming pools and bars plus they can use all of ours.
      Good luck and have a great wedding. I am getting married at the Tropical Nov. 12th/09, 131 days from today OMG! Have you check out the unoffical-bacelo maya website?
      You will find all your answers plus a whole brides section were every answer you will have can be answered by someone who has been married there or will be married there it is great. Just Googgle unoffical barcelo and you will find it, it is a must if you are going there and you will meet lots of great people.
      Tamasin

#254 jessiee223

jessiee223
      • 128 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

Hi IndianBride,
        Did you happen to get a 2009 price list for the weddings at Barcelo Maya? I have only been able to get ahold of the 2008 pricing. Also, does anyone know guests can stay at any of the 5 resorts without having to pay to attend the wedding? For example, if we get married at the Barcelo Maya Palace can guests staying at the Beach/Caribe attend without being charged extra? Thanks!
        Jessie and Jeff - Mexico 2010

#255 amynjoe

amynjoe
        • 178 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:47 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jessiee223
        Hi IndianBride,
        Did you happen to get a 2009 price list for the weddings at Barcelo Maya? I have only been able to get ahold of the 2008 pricing. Also, does anyone know guests can stay at any of the 5 resorts without having to pay to attend the wedding? For example, if we get married at the Barcelo Maya Palace can guests staying at the Beach/Caribe attend without being charged extra? Thanks!

Unfortunately, if your guests stay at another resort, they will have to purchase a guest pass to attend your wedding. I think its $30-40

#256 CaraW

CaraW
        • 346 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jessiee223
          Hi IndianBride,
          Hey there Jessie223,
          If your guests stay at any of the other 4 Barcelo properties (Besides the Palace) they can attend the wedding for FREE. However, they will need to purchase a day pass to come to the Palace any other day. The wedding however is free. IF they stay at a different resort that is NOT a Barcelo property, then yes, they have to pay for a day pass even to attend your wedding.

Hope this helps!!!
          Cara

#257 sparkles

sparkles
          • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

I just got married at Barcelo Maya Palace on July 10th, 2009 and it was PERFECT!! We got married in the Catholic Chapel there on the resor and had our Dinner/Reception right on the beach. Everything went perfect and was beautiful. We got the Sparkling Love Package and everything in the package was awesome. Our WC was Gabriella and she was the BEST!! Everything went so smoothly and it was so easy. We just met with her upon arrival and took care of everything within the hour. Everyone who attended (30 people) thought it was lovely. The resort is kid friendly and there is so much to do on the resort. The beach/pools were not crowded at all and the snorkling was really cool. only recommendation is to make Dinner Reservations at the Restaurants as soon as you get to the resort - they fill up quick. I am so glad we chose this place - the staff was extremely friend and helpful and made everything work out like we wanted. There was no stress at all. If you want to go swim with dolphins go to Dolphin Discovery - it was amazing. Tulum was also really neat - just take bug spray. We did zip lining which was a blast. And we went scuba diving in cozumel. The ferry goes from playa to cozumel and is $20 rooundtrip p/p. Cozumel is not that great unless you go scuba diving. If you go to Playa, take the Minibus. Its only $2 p/p (one way), otherwise a tax is $40 one way. You will catch the Minibus right on the highway at the entrance of the resort - so it is like a 15 minute walk from the Palace (its a shorter distance from other Barcelo Resorts as the Palace is the furthest away). Any questions? I would love to help since I was just a bride in the dark about all this last month.

MP

#258 amynjoe

amynjoe
            • 178 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

Hey Sparkles!! Did you bring your own centerpieces down or did you use the ones provided at the resort?

#259 yaker33

yaker33
            • 44 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

Hey Sparkles..did you use the resorts photographer or bring your own? Also, how much did your guests spend for their stay? Im looking at this resort for 2011 and just want to get a rough estimate of what my guests will pay.Thanks!

#260 breens

breens
              • 107 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:17 AM

sorry, are you sure about this? We asked our WC when we went for a site visit in July and she said no...now I am worried we could do it in the palace?!?! Now we are scheduled for Colonial/Tropical...

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users